Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
TM875
CF Newbie

Thinking of buying a Spyder (REAL Spyder)

Okay, so I'm having a quarter-life crisis, and I want a sports car. Right now, it's between the BMW Alpina (what used to be the Z8), Mercedes SL55AMG, or (my fav) a Maserati Sypder Cambiocorsa.

I know these are all incredibly expensive, but has anyone ever driven one? There's no Maserati dealer around here, so I'd have to order it w/o test driving, which means that I'd have to pay a shipping cost even if I didn't buy it. I just want some imput from you guys! Tell me what you think the best roadster is!
TM875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
TM875
CF Newbie

I was looking at the Z8, not the Zcoolface.

Damn computers
Old 08-16-2003, 08:48 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Thinking of buying a Spyder (REAL Spyder)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM875
Okay, so I'm having a quarter-life crisis, and I want a sports car. Right now, it's between the BMW Alpina (what used to be the Z8), Mercedes SL55AMG, or (my fav) a Maserati Sypder Cambiocorsa.

I know these are all incredibly expensive, but has anyone ever driven one? There's no Maserati dealer around here, so I'd have to order it w/o test driving, which means that I'd have to pay a shipping cost even if I didn't buy it. I just want some imput from you guys! Tell me what you think the best roadster is!

For what it's worth here's my opinion, guarantied to piss somebody off. I don't think you'll find anybody on this forum that has actual experience with these cars, although I'm sure some will claim to. So...

Buying this type of car is much less a rational choice than an emotional choice. That means it simply comes down to which one you want, and you're the one who will have to live with it. They all have their good and bad points. My personal favorite is the AMG but it's not my wad of cash.

One thing I would consider is if the Maserati dealer won't even hook you up with a current owner so you can check one out up close and personal, what kind of service can you expect after the sale. It seems to me it would be in their best interest to be more helpful. Good luck with your crisis.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 02:58 AM   #4
TM875
CF Newbie

Thanks for your input and, honestly, you're right. I've always loved Maserati's, and I think that's what I'm going to go with.

In my case, it's not that the dealer won't help me....it's that there IS NO dealer to talk to. I have to deal with the main office.