Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2004, 07:37 AM   #31
e12Euro
CF Newbie

If the new Mustrang does very well then I figure that GM would have to respond and bring back the Camaro. Trends might reverse and coupes could be popular again. Those design pics of the 5th gen Camaro by that 19 year old Kris Horton look cool. Making the new car follow the style of the 67-69 F body is a smart move because those cars are well respected.

1967 Camaro

1967 Firebird
e12Euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #32
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_DemonSpeed_S
Where do you get off saying im talking about drivers? i said, since he has been wrong SO many times in a row that he should stick to his bikes since he probably knows about them. So, STEP OFF B****

"So many times in a row"? WTF? So I guess you know EVERYTHING about cars and are never wrong. If you aren't getting anything wrong, you aren't trying hard enough or asking enough questions.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #33
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Or maybe you should just stick to talking about cars and not about the drivers?

ditto. let's try to keep off the personal attacks.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:13 PM   #34
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by e12Euro
If the new Mustrang does very well...

If? There is no question that the new Mustang will do very well.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #35
Mykdiver
CF Newbie

The Camaro IS comming back. It will probably be in 2007 based on the new GM "Zeta" platform.
The 1st year it is rumored to come out with a turbo V6 as the base Camaro, and the 400 hp LS2 in the SS, then the second year of production the Z/28 is supposed to come out with the 500 hp LS7.
My Cardomain
Mykdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:10 AM   #36
barsy07
CF Newbie

Pictures

I don't want to get into this so all I will say is please just talk about the Cars

The Camaro I will assure you will return I am not possitive of when it will be returning but i have a few pictures of what it will look like when it does as far as they are concerned right now...

Let me say I am very impressed with the styleing the only thing i would change is the rear end i would make it a little wider than the rest of the body well a little more than it is...

I don't know about what the engine is suppose to be like but V-6 or not 400hp is very impressive compared to the mustangs V-8 with 300hp and a Z-28 with 500hp that would not only blow my mind but it would blow any and all mustangs off the road... In my opinion when Chevy brings it back it wont just be to compete with the new mustang because there will be no competition...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 110309phr-5camaro01_z-med.jpg (11.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 110309phr-5camaro02_z.jpg (82.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 110309phr-5camaro04_z.jpg (67.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 110309phr-5camaro05_z-med.jpg (13.3 KB, 16 views)
barsy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:42 AM   #37
STi Guy
CF Newbie

A while ago, I posted a topic on the "Return of Muscle Cars". It pretty much can happen and most likely will. There's no way that GM is gonna let their unfavorable GTO do battle with the Mustang all by itself. So yeah, the hype pretty much is true that the Camaro will come back, with pretty much the same engines that Mykdriver specified, but I think the Z28 would be a detuned LS7 and make less that 500 hp, somewhere in the mid-400s. Dodge could use its Charger as its competitor, given that they make the SRT-8 version a coupe, which I think they probably will. In other words there is a good chance that the muscle car wars could come back, but Ford sure has gotten a good head start.
STi Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #38
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

Return of Muscle cars...

I wish that actual muscle cars would return... but we will have to live with sports cars which is good too. Being a Firebird driver I would love to see its return, should the new Camaro do well, only problem there being price if they use those engines. Cost won't be the same as it used to be.

Also barsy, I hate to tell you this, and am not trying to be rude, but those pictures you submitted are only a possibility of what the new Camaro could perhaps look like, in fact I believe those are renderings by a child, thusly just a dream of what he hopes they will look like when they return, although it is very possible they will use that style, it is just as possibly they will wait till the car comes out for the actual unveiling of what it will look like, to keep up suspense.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #39
98Camaro
CF Newbie

Smile camaros

I just wanted to add to some of the past messeges... I think that you GTO competes with the corvette just as much as the Cobalt competes with the Mustang, they just dont go together. Mustang and Camaros will always be competing agianst each other. Thats how its always been thats how it always will be no new car will change that. Personaly i think that Chevy will come out with the new Camaros and when they do i think that Mustang will have a tough time keeping up.
98Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:26 AM   #40
83transam
Banned

WTF kinda engine do they put in it to produce 400hp with a 6cylinder. I know its possible im not sayin that i just wanna know specs about it cuz thats a badass 6 cylinder
83transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 02:27 AM   #41
sofaking
CF Newbie

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...409phr_camaro/

interesting article on this subject
sofaking is offline   Reply With Quote