Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2004, 02:17 AM   #61
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Wait, how much would it cost to restore a Supra from like '94?

Way out of your 13 year old budget.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:54 AM   #62
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast

No shit I cant afford it now. I didnt ask for a smartass answer. If you dont know it, or dont want to tell me, then dont speak. Go screw a tree while the real knowledgable respectful members answer questions for people who want to gain some knowledge.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #63
b_DuB13
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
No shit I cant afford it now. I didnt ask for a smartass answer. If you dont know it, or dont want to tell me, then dont speak. Go screw a tree while the real knowledgable respectful members answer questions for people who want to gain some knowledge.

Lol pwnd
Also, the cost of restoration depends on the condition of the car, obviously.
If the exterior is unharmed, there are plenty of companies out there that produce reasonably priced parts for the 2JZE engine...
Well, before I say something wrong ill leave this to someone else.
b_DuB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 05:21 PM   #64
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleturner
Just adding my bit. A Supra with stock internals will only go up to just under 500bhp, then you'll need upgrading. I don't really know what you guys do with Supras in the US, but i have a mate who's running i think 1024bhp (That's when it's working). They have near bullitproof engines and can be easily modified. And and don't know where you get your info from DSMer, but the supra is not capped at 155mph. I know that for a fact as i was racing a Porsche Carrera the other day and i backed off at about 163/5.

Unfortunatly on the down side thay are a heavy car as standard. Also the RWD is a pain which doesn't help having standard Slip Control. But again this can be changed to a better performance one which.

The STI as standard has a great engine, coupled with AWD makes it a great car that you can throw into the corners knowing that your not gonna loose grip. I took a rally preped one for a test drive about 6 months ago and loved it. But the thing i just didn't like was the interior. Ok, i know it's a stupid hang up, but it's just so cheap and crap. I gues at the end of the day a company that makes farm equipment don't really have that much interior practise.

If you were to put them head to head im gonna go with the supra. I know it'll upset many peopl, but that's my choice. here's a thread from a UK forum about STI's, Supras and a Porsche that you should all read.
Farm Equipment? What the hell are you talking about? They made planes and cars, thats all I know they have ever made. Farm Equiment? Subaru doesnt make farm equipment, maybe Fiji Heavy Industries does, but not Subaru. I cant wait to see your come back after that one. (this is in the US, perhaps there are some in Asia and Europe, but not here)

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:25 PM   #65
terribleturner
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Farm Equipment? What the hell are you talking about? They made planes and cars, thats all I know they have ever made. Farm Equiment? Subaru doesnt make farm equipment, maybe Fiji Heavy Industries does, but not Subaru. I cant wait to see your come back after that one. (this is in the US, perhaps there are some in Asia and Europe, but not here)

LOL, tell me your not serious?? If you are then im amazed. I thought by you have your flashing imprezza at the bottom you may know a thing or two about the cars themselves. if you like i'll give you a little time to think about it and then when you realise what you said you can go back and edit your post. Do you feel embararrased?? Man i would after what you just wrote. LOL Im still pissing myself with laughter.
I'd also like to point out that the company Subaru actually build cars etc.... for all over the world, not just the USA. Maybe you were trying to say that if they build tractors (did i give too much away??) in say Europe then that doesn't count??
Looking for to the reply, don't think i can wait. does anyone mind if i post this thread in a Subaru forum?? LOL

Sorry, you were saying????

Coming soon.....
GReddy Gauges, Blitz Front bumper, TRD Bonnet.

"I get blown by twins every day".

My Sup
terribleturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:44 PM   #66
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I have searched google and found nothing that supports your claim of a Subaru Tractor or any farm equiment of that company. I have searched the Subaru GLOBAL website, showing no signs of tractors or the like. If your definition of farm equipment does not match mine, please, elighten me, but in Texas a Tractor is farm equipment, and Subaru does not build anything like that from my research. I could most certainly be wrong (after all I joined a Car Forum to learn about cars), but I have found no evidence to support your claim.

If you perhaps mean that the cars start as rally-bred vehicles than I can sort of see where you are going, but I have never seen a WRC on the cotton fields of Texas.

Sti

Old 12-24-2004, 05:06 AM   #67
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

Well, that's what you got, because you are 13 and should be worrying about passing Pre-Algebra and not making a dumb comment about 'restoring a MKIV Supra' like they have rotting 40 year old MKIV's to restore or ones sitting in junkyards (probably you're just remembering and spewing what you saw in Fast-n-Curious). Worry about what you SHOULD be worrying about, then 15 years later, when you can even think about a buying $20k+ MKIV Supra, get back with us. BTW - I've given a lot more useful knowledge in this one post than you have in all your 100+ posts and have been a member here for quite a bit longer. Also, take the middle school 'funny' jokes with you back to pre-algebra (just an FYI).

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 05:17 AM   #68
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast

You can bend down and kiss my brown ass bitch. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself against a thirteen year old boy then? Are you retarded? Or do you just not know the answer. I think its pretty obvious that its the latter. I am already done with algebra, something you have yet to accomplish. Also, I dont think I need to wait another 15 years because, unlike you people, I can actually get a real job that has good pay. Unlike you idiots passing on with like C+ and trying to get a job. Dont argue about intelligence with me. You may know more about cars than me, but in the end, your just an average American. So next time, think before you post, dont attack me personally, and at least have a valid excuse as to why you dont want to spread your "knowledge". ( i doubt u knew the answer in the first place)
Old 12-24-2004, 06:00 AM   #69
talongod33
CF Newbie

Quote:
You can bend down and kiss my brown ass bitch. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself against a thirteen year old boy then? Are you retarded? Or do you just not know the answer. I think its pretty obvious that its the latter. I am already done with algebra, something you have yet to accomplish. Also, I dont think I need to wait another 15 years because, unlike you people, I can actually get a real job that has good pay. Unlike you idiots passing on with like C+ and trying to get a job. Dont argue about intelligence with me. You may know more about cars than me, but in the end, your just an average American. So next time, think before you post, dont attack me personally, and at least have a valid excuse as to why you dont want to spread your "knowledge". ( i doubt u knew the answer in the first place)
can u prove that you can do algebra, and i doubt that any one other than GOODWILL will give a 13 year old kid "a good high paying job" over a guy who is 20 years older and who probally worked his ass off his entire life to lose his job to a spoiled PREPPY Brat
Old 12-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #70
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_DuB13
Dsmer and what are both dorks.
This thread sucks.
Supras are way sexier.
End.
^_^
Wow did you think of that all by yourself?

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #71
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by talongod33
can u prove that you can do algebra, and i doubt that any one other than GOODWILL will give a 13 year old kid "a good high paying job" over a guy who is 20 years older and who probally worked his ass off his entire life to lose his job to a spoiled PREPPY Brat
TalonNoob: what exactly does this have to do with cars?

Old 12-24-2004, 04:21 PM   #72
kakapoopie
CF Newbie

LOL THIS FORUM IS A JOKE I JUST WASTED 15 MINS OF MY LIFE READING THIS BITCHY CRAP FROM ALL OF U(mostly DSMer) U ALL NEED SOME PUSSY OR SOMETHING DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kakapoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #73
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast

Exactly. These mentally disabled dumb****s dont know how to stay on topic. but just for arguements sake, I am going to retaliate.

First off, I dont need to prove my Algebra skills to someone who probably doesnt even know any math.

Second of all, I didnt say that I could get a higher paying job right now. I said that when I am 20 years old, I will have a much higher paying job than him, and you because I am just more intelligent than you. I make good grades without even working for it, while he is out there working his big, stupid ass off trying to get a C+. And by the way, I CAN get a higher paying job than this "man?". All I have to do is ask my dad for a spot in his bussiness.

Preppy? Are you jealous that you were an outcast during your school life? Is that why your bitching at me?

A piece of advice to the two of you: use your automotive knowledge to help people with questions. Dont bitch around and be all technical because, you two lack the intelligence to even argue your worthless posts. Have a nice day
Old 12-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #74
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakapoopie
LOL THIS FORUM IS A JOKE I JUST WASTED 15 MINS OF MY LIFE READING THIS BITCHY CRAP FROM ALL OF U(mostly DSMer) U ALL NEED SOME PUSSY OR SOMETHING DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lack of any thing that is worth reading makes my skin crawl with disgust. Take your computer, and shove it all the way up your ass.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:35 PM   #75
talongod33
CF Newbie

Quote:
Exactly. These mentally disabled dumb****s dont know how to stay on topic. but just for arguements sake, I am going to retaliate.

First off, I dont need to prove my Algebra skills to someone who probably doesnt even know any math.

Second of all, I didnt say that I could get a higher paying job right now. I said that when I am 20 years old, I will have a much higher paying job than him, and you because I am just more intelligent than you. I make good grades without even working for it, while he is out there working his big, stupid ass off trying to get a C+. And by the way, I CAN get a higher paying job than this "man?". All I have to do is ask my dad for a spot in his bussiness.

Preppy? Are you jealous that you were an outcast during your school life? Is that why your bitching at me?

A piece of advice to the two of you: use your automotive knowledge to help people with questions. Dont bitch around and be all technical because, you two lack the intelligence to even argue your worthless posts. Have a nice day
HAHHAHAH don't even argue then arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics.....even if you win your still retarded.