Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #106
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Jesus people. We're all looking at this topic like fools. 'Supra is better cause it's more powerful.' 'No, Sti's are better cause they lauch faster!' In reality it matters on the car. Hell there are light ass 1g eclipses out there running with 1000whp and AWD. They turn like they're on friggin rails and it's comfortable too. Does that make me think that they can beat any car in any situation? No, because stock, the car isn't anything special and that is what we are comparing, stock Supra TT vs. stock STi. Now, personally the STi is my choice for better overall because it's quick, can be easily modded, and hell it has room for everyone plus groceries. Not to mention the famous Subaru handling incorporated into every car they have in production. The Supra may be faster. I'm not sure cause i didn't check stats. Going down the strip i would bet on the Supra for the 1000, but i'd bet on the STi for the 1/4 cause it has better grip and spools faster and is lighter. But on any track (with turns) i doubt that anyone could disagree that a Subaru would beat the Supra hands down. stock for stock the supra couldnt compare to the STi on twisties. Now if you want to argue about which car modded is faster than you're just talking shit because if Bill Gates wanted to he could build a 2,000whp Taurus that weighs about 1,800lbs and does the 1/4 in under 6 seconds. the possibliiteis are endless when it comes to modding and if u want and you have the money you can make a STi faster then a Supra and vice versa but we'll never really know which is faster modded. Speed can never truely be determined but the frame of the car has alot to do with it's handling capabilites. And the frame can't be changed without making a completely different car. The handling can be changed yes but only to a certain limit and basically it comes down to whether the manufacturer wanted the car to be designed to turn quickly or not. Now out of the Supra and STi i wonder which manufactuer was more interested in turning...

speed is endless. the car can be made as fast as the owner is willing to try.

handling can only go as far as affecting the suspension, tires(i purposely didn't include drivetrain as it doesn't matter). but of course handling is more than a suspension. so off of the assembly line which car handles better...way better?

Based on these two criteria the OVERALL better car that i'd mod would always be the Subaru Impreza WRX STi sedan.

That was a waste of five minutes of my time..!
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:21 AM   #107
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Jesus people. We're all looking at this topic like fools. 'Supra is better cause it's more powerful.' 'No, Sti's are better cause they lauch faster!' In reality it matters on the car. Hell there are light ass 1g eclipses out there running with 1000whp and AWD. They turn like they're on friggin rails and it's comfortable too. Does that make me think that they can beat any car in any situation? No, because stock, the car isn't anything special and that is what we are comparing, stock Supra TT vs. stock STi. Now, personally the STi is my choice for better overall because it's quick, can be easily modded, and hell it has room for everyone plus groceries. Not to mention the famous Subaru handling incorporated into every car they have in production. The Supra may be faster. I'm not sure cause i didn't check stats. Going down the strip i would bet on the Supra for the 1000, but i'd bet on the STi for the 1/4 cause it has better grip and spools faster and is lighter. But on any track (with turns) i doubt that anyone could disagree that a Subaru would beat the Supra hands down. stock for stock the supra couldnt compare to the STi on twisties. Now if you want to argue about which car modded is faster than you're just talking shit because if Bill Gates wanted to he could build a 2,000whp Taurus that weighs about 1,800lbs and does the 1/4 in under 6 seconds. the possibliiteis are endless when it comes to modding and if u want and you have the money you can make a STi faster then a Supra and vice versa but we'll never really know which is faster modded. Speed can never truely be determined but the frame of the car has alot to do with it's handling capabilites. And the frame can't be changed without making a completely different car. The handling can be changed yes but only to a certain limit and basically it comes down to whether the manufacturer wanted the car to be designed to turn quickly or not. Now out of the Supra and STi i wonder which manufactuer was more interested in turning...

speed is endless. the car can be made as fast as the owner is willing to try.

handling can only go as far as affecting the suspension, tires(i purposely didn't include drivetrain as it doesn't matter). but of course handling is more than a suspension. so off of the assembly line which car handles better...way better?

Based on these two criteria the OVERALL better car that i'd mod would always be the Subaru Impreza WRX STi sedan.
Very nice post VMJYogi! I think that our times on CF directly missed each other, but I always wanted to meet you because you pissed off What at some point which obviously shows you are a good person in my book. Welcome back!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #108
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Let this thread die already.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #109
Zenith
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Let this thread die already.

hahahahahaha!
Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #110
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Very nice post VMJYogi! I think that our times on CF directly missed each other, but I always wanted to meet you because you pissed off What at some point which obviously shows you are a good person in my book. Welcome back!


well i cant say i pissed off what. The guy just decided to try and talk shit about me while i was gone but yeah i've seen you around and it's great to be back. I'm glad we still have our regulars here. ChrisV, Cingy, Bav, DSMer, Inygknok, Ki2AY, Importluva, Voda (i'm still lovin my gif. baby!), Cliffy, Sti you too.

Sorry to waste your time CarEXPERT maybe i could learn something from you the day you type a paragraph of half that size. Well when you're done asking questions that is. Jus playing wit ya but did it seriously take 5 minutes to read that? It took me about 1.
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:52 AM   #111
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
well i cant say i pissed off what. The guy just decided to try and talk shit about me while i was gone but yeah i've seen you around and it's great to be back. I'm glad we still have our regulars here. ChrisV, Cingy, Bav, DSMer, Inygknok, Ki2AY, Importluva, Voda (i'm still lovin my gif. baby!), Cliffy, Sti you too.

Sorry to waste your time CarEXPERT maybe i could learn something from you the day you type a paragraph of half that size. Well when you're done asking questions that is. Jus playing wit ya but did it seriously take 5 minutes to read that? It took me about 1.
He just learned how to read. We arent trying to make fun of him for it. Lol.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #112
Liquid_TensionX
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2
wow

now i know why all you guys have suck high post totals.... if you argue like this in all the posts it should only take a few weeks to get up there
Liquid_TensionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #113
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_TensionX
now i know why all you guys have suck high post totals.... if you argue like this in all the posts it should only take a few weeks to get up there

what was the point of your post? If not to post whore, then what? You bitch and revive this old topic? I'm afraid the post whoring one here is you, not us. Seeing as how you're reading old posts, how about reading these ones;

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8359
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7468

This is more of an old problem, not so much a new one. And who cares about post totals? its the quality, not the quantity.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.