Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #16
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Maybe you should slow down and repeat that question in your head veryslowly. If you stil can't conclude why anyone would want to hide a nitrous setup then I don't think you should have written this article...

The only reason i can think of is that you can use it woithout having others know. Which is pointless, because it's winning by cheating, there's no honor(need better word here) in the win, it's an empty win, because you did cheat.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 AM   #17
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Also, I watched the fast and the furious yesterday (it's painful to watch now that I know a fair amount about cars), and in it, when the jetta races the s2000, the jetta uses N20 and the azn behind the jetta says, "too soon". There is no "too soon" to use nitrous, using it from the launch is the best idea.

I guess staging nitrous is pointless then.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:32 AM   #18
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
The only reason i can think of is that you can use it woithout having others know. Which is pointless, because it's winning by cheating, there's no honor(need better word here) in the win, it's an empty win, because you did cheat.

Nothing in heads up racing is cheating. I don't care what way you put it. Your opposition has just as much chance to buy a nitrous setup as you do. Element of surprise is more than a trick, its a learned skilll....

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:53 AM   #19
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

Yeah, i agree with DSMer since other racers have the opportunity to buy and install N2O on THEIR cars, then it is not cheating.

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:54 AM   #20
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

Ew nitrous is icky. HAHA. But really..I dont like it. Not good for the motor. It reminds me of drag racing a turbo charged automatic with NOS. Oh and i call it NOS. Not refering to the name brand. But really if you think about it. no matter who makes it. It is a Nitrous Oxide System. So nos is easier to say and it fits it no matter who the manufacturer is. But yeah. Ill never run it on any of my cars. The only thing cool about nos is the nitrous purge valve

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever"
DTMBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #21
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMBaller
Ew nitrous is icky. HAHA. But really..I dont like it. Not good for the motor. It reminds me of drag racing a turbo charged automatic with NOS. Oh and i call it NOS. Not refering to the name brand. But really if you think about it. no matter who makes it. It is a Nitrous Oxide System. So nos is easier to say and it fits it no matter who the manufacturer is. But yeah. Ill never run it on any of my cars. The only thing cool about nos is the nitrous purge valve

The purge valve is gay and for show cars. No wonder you dont like nitrous for engine use cause your a person who is into show than go.
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:20 AM   #22
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

not exactly. i dont like it because it fry's motors. it burns extremely hot which kills things. Im not into cheap power at the expense of my motor. and i was joking about the purge valve. i will never have nitrous on any car i own.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:24 AM   #23
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
not exactly. i dont like it because it fry's motors. it burns extremely hot which kills things. Im not into cheap power at the expense of my motor. and i was joking about the purge valve. i will never have nitrous on any car i own.

It only frys motors if you dont know how to use it. Remember you always have to add extra fuel and keep the nitrous/fuel ratio at 5.5:1 to keep it running cool. If you dont, the extra oxygen will not get burned and will oxidize the cylinder walls. Running nitrous also has too much ignition advance cause the nitrous/fuel/air will burn much quicker than jus fuel/air wich is why nitrous can be dangerous. But like I said it can be safe if you know what your doing
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:29 AM   #24
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

no matter what nitrous is going to burn hotter then fuel without it. thus it will ruin the motor faster. yes im sure you could do nitrous and make it less harmfull. but to me its a cheap way to go fast. id much rather go with a custom turbo or a na high compression motor like i have

Old 03-20-2005, 02:20 AM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
no matter what nitrous is going to burn hotter then fuel without it. thus it will ruin the motor faster. yes im sure you could do nitrous and make it less harmfull. but to me its a cheap way to go fast. id much rather go with a custom turbo or a na high compression motor like i have
Nitrous oxide by itself does not burn at all dumbass. N2O is oxygen rich which supports combustion... Assuming you have enough fuel. Get a clue and stop spreading your bullsh*t.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:45 AM   #26
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Nitrous oxide by itself does not burn at all dumbass. N2O is oxygen rich which supports combustion... Assuming you have enough fuel. Get a clue and stop spreading your bullsh*t.

Bingo. Nitrous is classified as an oxidizer, not a fuel. I think this DTMBaller guy has watched the 'fast and the furious' series too many times. hell, he didn't even read the first part of my thread,
Quote:
N20 (two parts nitrogen, one part oxygen) is an oxidizer, not some form of a fuel.

Quote:
but to me its a cheap way to go fast

What's wrong with that? If anything, that's the goal in car tuning. everybody has the same opportunity to use it.

Quote:
It only frys motors if you dont know how to use it. Remember you always have to add extra fuel and keep the nitrous/fuel ratio at 5.5:1 to keep it running cool. If you dont, the extra oxygen will not get burned and will oxidize the cylinder walls. Running nitrous also has too much ignition advance cause the nitrous/fuel/air will burn much quicker than jus fuel/air wich is why nitrous can be dangerous. But like I said it can be safe if you know what your doing

Looks like you've been doing some research outside of car-forums, good for you, carexpert .
Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #27
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

Quote:

Re read. where do i say nitrous is a fuel. quit puting words in my mouth dipshit. and i wouldnt stoop as low as to put unneccesary exessive harm on my motor just to win a little streight line race.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:44 PM   #28
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Re read. where do i say nitrous is a fuel. quit puting words in my mouth dipshit. and i wouldnt stoop as low as to put unneccesary exessive harm on my motor just to win a little streight line race.

You implied it. You don't know the first thing about racing.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:50 PM   #29
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

i didnt imply shit. you manipulated what i said to fit your twisted arguement. and your right. i dont waste my time with streight line racing. its fun to watch the top fuel drags but thats about it. i do know an excelent top fuel hydro mechanic who knows more then this whole forum combined. and he gave me a long lecture about nitrous.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:00 PM   #30
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
i didnt imply shit. you manipulated what i said to fit your twisted arguement. and your right. i dont waste my time with streight line racing. its fun to watch the top fuel drags but thats about it. i do know an excelent top fuel hydro mechanic who knows more then this whole forum combined. and he gave me a long lecture about nitrous.

Well if I'm included in the forum that is one very impressive mechanic.