Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #31
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMBaller
Re read. where do i say nitrous is a fuel. quit puting words in my mouth dipshit. and i wouldnt stoop as low as to put unneccesary exessive harm on my motor just to win a little streight line race.

You said "No matter what nitrous is going to burn hotter". Nitrous does'nt burn its an oxidizer it promotes a richer burn. No ones putting in your mouth what was'nt allready there to begin with.

Saying you don't use nitrous because it destorys your motor is just as stupid as saying I won't use fuel because it destroys my motor. Gasoline contains elements that can leave carbon deposits on your cylinder walls if improperly mixed with air just as nitrous can leave oxidation residue on your cylinder walls if it is'nt mixed correctly as well...

So long as the nitrous system is used correctly and set up well it should'nt pose any long time problems on an engine. There are guys that run nitrous setups on their civics all day long with turbo's, I might add, that don't have any bad reactions to it. And we're talking about N/A motors that were'nt designed to house turbos...

**EDIT**
Ooh watch out there Wally, some might take that as boasting. Not saying I would or anything but you know how that is Mr. Wally

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...

Last edited by DSMer : 03-20-2005 at 11:04 PM.
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #32
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
i didnt imply shit. you manipulated what i said to fit your twisted arguement. and your right. i dont waste my time with streight line racing. its fun to watch the top fuel drags but thats about it. i do know an excelent top fuel hydro mechanic who knows more then this whole forum combined. and he gave me a long lecture about nitrous.

That is backwards. Apparently the only thing you do imply is shit. Your post is a perfect example.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:18 PM   #33
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

he is one very impressive mechanic. his job is to rebuild nitro motors between races. and he is damn good at it. very respected in the tfh community.

why dont you go ahead and finish the sentance DSMer. I said that it will burn hotter then fuel without it. i didnt say nitro alone burns. and it will be hotter without it thus burning the insides of the motor. no bueno.

i dont see what is so backwards about it.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever"
DTMBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:25 PM   #34
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
he is one very impressive mechanic. his job is to rebuild nitro motors between races. and he is damn good at it. very respected in the tfh community.
That's nice. Maybe you should learn from him.

Quote:
i didnt say nitro alone burns.
Of course you did.

Quote:

What is backwards about it is that you said you "didn't imply shit." Yes you did. It seems to be all you say is shit.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:28 PM   #35
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

ok your post makes no sence.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #36
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
ok your post makes no sence.

You're right, it didn't. It does however make sense.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #37
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

why dont you go ahead and finish the sentance DSMer. I said that it will burn hotter then fuel without it. i didnt say nitro alone burns. and it will be hotter without it thus burning the insides of the motor. no bueno.

Damn you're not comprehending the english language. I understand you're like 12 years old but that does'nt give you an excuse to not understand what your saying. Here I'll give you an english lesson..

"Nitrous is going to burn hotter then fuel [without] nitrous" That is what you you said replacing the pronoun "it" with nitrous.

"nitrous and fuel are going to burn hotter than fuel without nitrous" Thats what you're telling us you're tried to say. See the difference?

Nitrous will burn hotter.(NO). Nitrous AND fuel will burn hotter.(YES). Quite simple yeah

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:36 PM   #38
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

well you obviously understand what i was saying so why dont you stfu and stop trying to turn a car forum into an english class. im not gonna waste my time going thru my posts trying to make them perfect for you. sry. after years of aim i have developed a bad typing habit. once its typed it is entered. learn to live with it.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:37 PM   #39
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
well you obviously understand what i was saying so why dont you stfu and stop trying to turn a car forum into an english class. im not gonna waste my time going thru my posts trying to make them perfect for you. sry. after years of aim i have developed a bad typing habit. once its typed it is entered. learn to live with it.

Fair enough. Just know it makes you look like a complete dumbass. Well, even if you typed correctly you'd probably still look like a dumbass.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:41 PM   #40
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

yeah it takes one to know one. and from what ive seen so far on this forum, there are a whole lot of em.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #41
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Ooh watch out there Wally, some might take that as boasting. Not saying I would or anything but you know how that is Mr. Wally

Please, dispense with the formalities.. just call me Sir

Actually I have worked out a formula for the total knowledge of this forum:

E = MC˛

Where:

E = everyone
M = member plebs
C = CarExpert
Old 03-20-2005, 11:51 PM   #42
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

I like how everybody believes N2O won't grenade your engine here. It won't eat the engine unless you run it lean, sure, but what about the extra power? So you're basically telling everybody that running 300hp from a motor that's only made to make 200hp isn't going to hurt it? Wrong. The manufactuers of engines don't build the engine to withstand more power than it can make stock. You think people just toss a turbo or supercharger system on their vehicle and that's it? No. Even though a Turbo or Supercharger won't pump out such an increase in power, they still modify the motor itself, or it will eventually grenade itself. The motor would need new rods, a new crank and possibly new pistons. The motor will not last if you pump more power through it than it's made for, it's common sense.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:54 PM   #43
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

Wally your a pretty funny guy.

88GrandPrixSE: its good to see someone has some common sence on here. Nitrous pushes the motor to far. simple as that.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #44
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Wally your a pretty funny guy.

88GrandPrixSE: its good to see someone has some common sence on here. Nitrous pushes the motor to far. simple as that.

Thankyou. It's better than getting all twisted in knots about the mol count of oxygen in a fuel mixture.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:10 AM   #45
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

Glad to see not everyone around this forum walks around with their head up their ass.