Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2005, 02:57 AM   #61
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I think the persistent pushrodasauris in the GM range will bear testament to the howls of protest that erupted when they rumoured wholesale change to the V8 line. There was already a DOHC multivalve V8 waiting for the nod in Melbourne GM, when a decision to protect jobs & aftermarket segments meant the LS1 would become the global powerplant and the overhead cam one silently got lost somewhere.

Tis a big business the aftermarket sector. Don't you remember your then president taking the Japs to task about their infiltration in the US market, while keeping doors closed at home?

Haha, pushrodasauris. But does'nt this kind of event frequently occur within the realms of larger over industrialized business? Anything accumulating the ammount of profit that the aftermarket industry does surley would'nt be decided by a few hands at the head of a couple automotive corperations.

None the less, whos going to loose their heads from GM producing one with two cams in it?

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:28 AM   #62
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

i dont care how much he loves his car, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. i love my car alot. doesnt make it any more or less valueble. my car is a 1991 BMW M5

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever"
DTMBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:47 AM   #63
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMBaller
i dont care how much he loves his car, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. i love my car alot. doesnt make it any more or less valueble. my car is a 1991 BMW M5

No one cares about your M5, thats chump change. Buying an expensive car 14 years after it originally came out does'nt make you rich, it just makes you a guy who can't afford a 2004 BMW M5 so you buy a 1991.

Again, if you're paying in excess of $32,000 for a motor rebuilt on a 91 M5 that you probably paid less than 20K for. You're not exactly getting your moneys worth..

Old 03-21-2005, 03:48 AM   #64
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Haha, pushrodasauris. But does'nt this kind of event frequently occur within the realms of larger over industrialized business? Anything accumulating the ammount of profit that the aftermarket industry does surley would'nt be decided by a few hands at the head of a couple automotive corperations.

None the less, whos going to loose their heads from GM producing one with two cams in it?

I should point out I used the DOHC term loosely. I will try to find the original details to see if it had 4 cams total.

And I'm obviously over simplifying what strategies a company like GM might have in place. I'm sure they have their own agendas and tactics that we can only guess at.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:10 AM   #65
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Ew nitrous is icky. HAHA. But really..I dont like it. Not good for the motor. It reminds me of drag racing a turbo charged automatic with NOS. Oh and i call it NOS. Not refering to the name brand. But really if you think about it. no matter who makes it. It is a Nitrous Oxide System. So nos is easier to say and it fits it no matter who the manufacturer is. But yeah. Ill never run it on any of my cars. The only thing cool about nos is the nitrous purge valve
Only ignorant dildos who have watched The Fast and the Stupid too many times call all nitrous systems NAWSS. You prove everytime you hit the submit button that you fit into that category.

Quote:
Re read. where do i say nitrous is a fuel. quit puting words in my mouth dipshit. and i wouldnt stoop as low as to put unneccesary exessive harm on my motor just to win a little streight line race.
I did re-read it and this is what you said;

Quote:
not exactly. i dont like it because it fry's motors. it burns extremely hot which kills things. Im not into cheap power at the expense of my motor. and i was joking about the purge valve. i will never have nitrous on any car i own.
You didn't specify that it's a fuel but you DID state "it burns extremely hot". Nitrous DOES NOT BURN EXTEMELY HOT because it is not a fuel. Are you so stupid that you need that repeated? Probably so.

Quote:
no matter what nitrous is going to burn hotter then fuel without it. thus it will ruin the motor faster. yes im sure you could do nitrous and make it less harmfull. but to me its a cheap way to go fast. id much rather go with a custom turbo or a na high compression motor like i have
No, it won't. If you have the proper air fuel ratio it will burn at the exact same temperature as a stock engine. If you're smart enough you can even make it run cooler.

Quote:
i didnt imply shit. you manipulated what i said to fit your twisted arguement. and your right. i dont waste my time with streight line racing. its fun to watch the top fuel drags but thats about it. i do know an excelent top fuel hydro mechanic who knows more then this whole forum combined. and he gave me a long lecture about nitrous.
For once you're right. You didn't imply it, you clearly stated it. Are you really that stupid? What exactly is a "top fuel hydro mechanic" and who does he work for? Name and team please. Yes, that's a put up or shut up.

Quote:
he is one very impressive mechanic. his job is to rebuild nitro motors between races. and he is damn good at it. very respected in the tfh community.

why dont you go ahead and finish the sentance DSMer. I said that it will burn hotter then fuel without it. i didnt say nitro alone burns. and it will be hotter without it thus burning the insides of the motor. no bueno.

i dont see what is so backwards about it.
Hey dipshit. You're so confused that you're starting to confuse us. Are you talking about nitro, which most certainly burns by itself or nitrous which you said earlier burns by itself? Either way you're as wrong as the day is long.

Quote:
well you obviously understand what i was saying so why dont you stfu and stop trying to turn a car forum into an english class. im not gonna waste my time going thru my posts trying to make them perfect for you. sry. after years of aim i have developed a bad typing habit. once its typed it is entered. learn to live with it.
No, you'll just waste our time and bandwidth on a car forum spewing bullshit and lying through your teeth. Face it, we all realize that you have absolutely no clueas to what you're talking about, why can't you see that?

Quote:
yeah it takes one to know one. and from what ive seen so far on this forum, there are a whole lot of em.
"It takes on to know one." Wow, that's original, who writes your lines, Dave Chapelle? You're so cool, I want to be just like you after I have my labotomy. I just saw a TV show about you. They had an election between a giant douche and a turd sandwich... Which one were you?

Quote:
Glad to see not everyone around this forum walks around with their head up their ass.
No, pretty much just you.

Quote:
that is the biggest bullshit statement i have heard.
Have you listened to anything you've said... In this post alone? You are number one and have nine of the top ten places on the "Dumbest Thing Anybody Ever Said" list.

You sir are the King of Idiots. Please refrain from posting any more of your worthless crap.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:11 AM   #66
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
No one cares about your M5, thats chump change. Buying an expensive car 14 years after it originally came out does'nt make you rich, it just makes you a guy who can't afford a 2004 BMW M5 so you buy a 1991.

Again, if you're paying in excess of $32,000 for a motor rebuilt on a 91 M5 that you probably paid less than 20K for. You're not exactly getting your moneys worth..
yes your right. you know nothing about the car and the fact that i didnt want an electronicaly driven car makes me poor. your car is a piece of shit that is worth no where near 32k and i could give a fly rats ass what you say about it. id take my car over yours any day of the week and i know a crap load of people who would as well.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:12 AM   #67
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

wow look who it is. i thought you got up and left. im glad to see your back. i didnt call it naws. i called it nos. a nitrous oxcide system. and im not going to even waste my time reading the rest of your post.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:15 AM   #68
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
wow look who it is. i thought you got up and left. im glad to see your back. i didnt call it naws. i called it nos. a nitrous oxcide system. and im not going to even waste my time reading the rest of your post.
Sorry if I used too many big words. That's okay, everyone else will read it and they'll see just how much of a waste you are... If they didn't already know.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-21-2005, 04:22 AM   #69
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

ok good.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:24 AM   #70
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah. I'm a giant douche and a turd sandwich.
Yep, true to form.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:26 AM   #71
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

hahaha. wow that just shows me that you are a dumb shit. thanks for removing all doubt. and good job adding my name to a quote you made up. i can do it to wanna see...

Old 03-21-2005, 04:28 AM   #72
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
hahaha. wow that just shows me that you are a dumb shit. thanks for removing all doubt. and good job adding my name to a quote you made up. i can do it to wanna see...
Instead of tap dancing, how about addressing the issues I brought up in post #65 of this thread. Or aren't you man enough.

That's what I thought.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:29 AM   #73
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
you are right dtmballer. i am wrong. i was just trying to impress you because im a faggot and like other men. i hope you forgive me or at least understand where im coming from. i will stop being such a dumbass and embarassing myself if you just give me one dirty sanches. i like the taste of cock and ass combined. it helps me go to sleep at night. PLEASE!!!
you sick ****. stay the hell away from me.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:38 AM   #74
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
yes your right. you know nothing about the car and the fact that i didnt want an electronicaly driven car makes me poor. your car is a piece of shit that is worth no where near 32k and i could give a fly rats ass what you say about it. id take my car over yours any day of the week and i know a crap load of people who would as well.

Electronically driven vehicle? Hmm, and what would you be referring to? I thought that I was supposed to be the one who knew nothing about cars. You're referring to a production BMW that "electronically [drives]" itself. Maybe it exists in true for or maybe its just another one of those statements of yours that proves exactly how stupid you really are.

Again as I have said before and will say again. If you're going to pay in excess of $32,000 to rebuild the engine on a 91 M5 thats worth less that half that formentioned price, you're getting ripped off. Oh but thats right, your car is almost 15 years old you just might be needing that rebuilt engine.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:41 AM   #75
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

they are just about self driven with that damn i drive. its sad when you take everything so literaly. your car isnt worth 35k and my engine will go to 300kmiles easy. its just broken in right now.