Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2003, 04:16 PM   #1
caffeine junky02
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 51
question about I/H/E

im probly going to get a mustang early 90s maby a 92 any sugestions for I/H/E (Intake/Headers/Exhaust)
caffeine junky02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 04:48 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Re: question about I/H/E

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine junky02
im probly going to get a mustang early 90s maby a 92 any sugestions for I/H/E (Intake/Headers/Exhaust)

Before we ask what parts to buy to modify our car, why don't we buy the car. Wouldn't it be a waste of time for everybody involved to give opinions and examples for this and then you buy a Civic. I think so.

And I believe the official language of Car Forums is English, please use it in all your posts. Have a nice day.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 06:43 PM   #3
caffeine junky02
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 51
why can't i cheak out the mods i can do for it before i buy it? if im not mastaken this fourms are to help other car fanitacs out. am i right? if not i will aplogise and not post again, but i like these fourms so can i just get a little respect. if you dont like me or my stupidy, then dont respond to my posts. its not that hard man. all i asked was a question no need to ****ing flip out. i try to be nice man, but damn dude its getin hard.. like i said tho all i want is some info about it befor i go and buy it
caffeine junky02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:18 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine junky02
why can't i cheak out the mods i can do for it before i buy it? if im not mastaken this fourms are to help other car fanitacs out. am i right? if not i will aplogise and not post again, but i like these fourms so can i just get a little respect. if you dont like me or my stupidy, then dont respond to my posts. its not that hard man. all i asked was a question no need to f*cking flip out. i try to be nice man, but damn dude its getin hard.. like i said tho all i want is some info about it befor i go and buy it

First of all let's take a deep breath and read what I wrote and then read what you just wrote. Now, who's the one that's flipping out. I don't recall asking for an apology, asking you to never post again, saying that I disrespect you, saying it was hard, saying I wouldn't help, saying that you're stupid, or saying that I don't like you.

What I did say in fewer words was that until you have the car please don't ask how to modify it. There are a few reasons for this. First, even YOU don't know what year Mustang you'll be buying. Second, although I'm assuming you want to get a 5.0 that is still only an assumption based on the fact that I was the one who pointed you in that direction in another thread. Third, I have no idea, and you gave no clue, what your budget might be. Please save me the BS about money is no object. If I had a penny for every wannabe that told me MINO but couldn't back it up I'd be a rich man today.

So now it's up to you to accept this for what it is. I figure there's a 50/50 chance that you'll read this and realize exactly how you sounded in your last post. Let's just see. Comments?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 09:35 PM   #5
caffeine junky02
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 51
Im sorry i was outa line im my last post. I just get frustrated really quick. I understand where u are comming from but still... I relise that u never said anything about me being stupid ect.. But its just way u write your posts it seams like you are talking down to everyone (no offence), but that is the way i see it, and i cant stand that but i will bite my toung next time. i understand what you are saying. i have a price range of about 2-3 grand (for mods only), i want a 92 and yes a 5.0. I know im geting this car but all i have to do is wait for the cheak to come in. Thats why im looking in to the future and trying to figure out once i get it, I will have some what of an idea of what i want to do to it.

The question is tho do you understand my point?

i dont want to argue/disscuss (call it what u will) i just want to at least try to get along

In the Future i will make my posts more clear and think them out more
caffeine junky02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine junky02
Im sorry i was outa line im my last post. I just get frustrated really quick. I understand where u are comming from but still... I relise that u never said anything about me being stupid ect.. But its just way u write your posts it seams like you are talking down to everyone (no offence), but that is the way i see it, and i cant stand that but i will bite my toung next time. i understand what you are saying. i have a price range of about 2-3 grand (for mods only), i want a 92 and yes a 5.0. I know im geting this car but all i have to do is wait for the cheak to come in. Thats why im looking in to the future and trying to figure out once i get it, I will have some what of an idea of what i want to do to it.

The question is tho do you understand my point?

i dont want to argue/disscuss (call it what u will) i just want to at least try to get along

In the Future i will make my posts more clear and think them out more

I think the word you're looking for is condesending. Or maybe arrogant or conceited. Maybe that's because I'm on here trying to have intelligent dialog and I'm trying too hard. Or maybe it's because I've seen so many questions and other bullshit on this forum that are just so far out there that I keep my guard up. Or maybe I'm just an asshole. How about a combination of all three. So yeah I see your point but do you see mine? I don't want to argue with anyone either but sometimes it just works out that way.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:39 AM   #7
caffeine junky02
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 51
ok im sorry then i will not post about my car untill i get it sry for the inconvenice and i dont rember if i ever thanked you for the look out about the mustang in the first place im only 16 and im assuning you are about 28-38 so its pontless to argue with you espacaly sence you have such a good vocabulary when as u can see cant stand up to the match..... and i do see your point like i said in my preavous post

i hope we can get along or at least not have convos like this on every topic
caffeine junky02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:45 AM   #8
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
wat the hell? why cant he ask about mods if he hasnt bought the car? maybe he wants to see what mods there are before he buys the car so that he can make a good decision on what he wants. i mean. if he wants to have a lot of mods he has a right to find out.

geez, some people. its called free speech vwhobo.
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 03:52 AM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
wat the hell? why cant he ask about mods if he hasnt bought the car? maybe he wants to see what mods there are before he buys the car so that he can make a good decision on what he wants. i mean. if he wants to have a lot of mods he has a right to find out.

geez, some people. its called free speech vwhobo.

You're absolutely correct. So why didn't you give him some info on modifications instead of just shittin' with me. Also please show me where I said he can't ask about something.

And while you're on the topic of free speech let me remind you I have that same freedom of speech. I'll bet you're a liberal who thinks free speech should only be free if you agree with it. Please feel free to comment no matter how useful or useless that comment may be.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 12:05 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
SuperJew, here's a little something I just stumbled on to that I think sums up my feelings quite well.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."

Think about it.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 11:45 PM   #11
muddy4x4man
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25
Mustangs have headers stock and for the intake i think a swap of a cobras intake (upper and lower) works good with biger injectors(24lb or so). As for the exhaust take the cat of and put a good muffler on it (like a flowmaster). This might not b the best but me and a buddy have had a good change with it.
__________________
This mud's for you.
muddy4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 05:09 AM   #12
caffeine junky02
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 51
cool cool thx for the responce at least i have some kinda of anidea where to look into about the mods
caffeine junky02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 07:34 AM   #13
muddy4x4man
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25
There is lots of little things you can do to your car, forgot to tell you a big help for horsepower is a electric fan.
__________________
This mud's for you.
muddy4x4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 04:05 PM   #14
caffeine junky02
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 51
i never heard of an electric fan on cars before or i just cant rember right now
caffeine junky02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:02 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4x4man
Mustangs have headers stock and for the intake i think a swap of a cobras intake (upper and lower) works good with biger injectors(24lb or so). As for the exhaust take the cat of and put a good muffler on it (like a flowmaster). This might not b the best but me and a buddy have had a good change with it.

Another reason why asking a question like this is pointless. Unless you can sift through the BS by doing your own research how do you know which info is correct.

1. Yes, 5.0's come with headers but any quality aftermarket header will provide better breathing.

2. Swapping the intake is a good plan but the MAF sensor is the flow restrictor. If you don't change that you've just wasted time and money.

3. Bigger injectors will only help you if you're making big gains in horsepower, much more than will be attained by changing the intake and mufflers. Stock 5.0 injectors are good to about the 400 hp level so again, why waste the time and money?

4. Cut off the cat's? That's illegal in all states and punishable in some. What about the X-pipe? What diameter pipe? How much will you gain with the stock headers? My money is on you THINK it's faster because it's louder.

5. Electric fans don't make horsepower they do however save a small amount. They also tend to not cool as well as a crank driven fan. For a daily driver the stock fan works just about perfect.

5. I'm still waiting for SuperJew to exercise his freedom of speech and give you some performance tips.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo question General Chat 5 07-07-2005 10:18 PM
Got a newbie to preludes question? Asian Imports 3 12-28-2004 02:05 AM
Another newb question! Morphias87 General Chat 22 02-20-2004 03:10 PM
Question About the M3 European Imports 3 08-05-2003 06:06 AM
Gear's question. vishal8u General Chat 2 03-05-2003 04:28 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.