F O R D LOL
Old 01-08-2005, 01:35 AM   #2
blt2tzz
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARECRW
ADMIT IT ALMOST ALL HOT RODS R

F O R D LOL
Ford sucks.......I guess if you have lots of money, you can build 1 for double the cost of a chevy and have the same horsepower
blt2tzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Wally
I Know More Than You

I'm currently rebuilding a Windsor and I have to say it would get my vote as the engine with the least possible parts that actually runs. Primitive is a word that comes to mind. But my 1966 Ford coupe would look out of place with a decent Japanese or Euro V8 and driveline wouldn't it?
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARECRW
ADMIT IT ALMOST ALL HOT RODS R

F O R D LOL
I have no clue what you are saying.

O, now I get it. Almost all hot rods are Fix Or Repair Daily. Given the fact that on average they are old.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:29 AM   #5
Boss_302
CF Newbie

HOW ABOUT NO
Old 01-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Why is it when some newb comes on here and tries to prove how closed minded they are, everyone jumps on board to prove that they are just as, if not more, closed minded in return? Can't we just correct him using actual knowledge instead of just "Ford's suck" or the usual acronyms?

Oh, wait, that would require you guys to actually HAVE knowledge, too...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Why is it when some newb comes on here and tries to prove how closed minded they are, everyone jumps on board to prove that they are just as, if not more, closed minded in return? Can't we just correct him using actual knowledge instead of just "Ford's suck" or the usual acronyms?

Oh, wait, that would require you guys to actually HAVE knowledge, too...
Everyone? Using that word displays the same type of close mindedness you're against. How about a select few. Besides, with people like him it doesn't really matter. You could beat him to death with fact and figures and you'd still be the one who is wrong. Sometimes it's easier to just fight fire with fire and shout the little assholes down.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Everyone? Using that word displays the same type of close mindedness you're against. How about a select few. Besides, with people like him it doesn't really matter. You could beat him to death with fact and figures and you'd still be the one who is wrong. Sometimes it's easier to just fight fire with fire and shout the little assholes down.

Sorry, Hobo. Look up "hyperbole" used to make a point. It's commonly used, even by intelligent people. And the point wasn't directed toward the original poster (as you said, it wouldn't matter) but to those reading and thinking of responding in kind.

BTW, telling someone they are wrong and closed minded IS NOT also being closed minded. Much like if you corrected someone who said "VW suck" as being a closed minded twit, you would not be being closed minded, yourself.

Don't know how many times I have to say it before it sinks in with people...

Now, let's stop arguing amongst ourselves and worry about the real problems of the board...

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 01-10-2005, 02:36 AM   #9
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
BTW, telling someone they are wrong and closed minded IS NOT also being closed minded. Much like if you corrected someone who said "VW suck" as being a closed minded twit, you would not be being closed minded, yourself.

If you step back and look at the entire picture you will realize that open-mindedness enables a person to like and dis-like. "Corrected" someone for saying VW sucks? That is being closed-minded.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:09 PM   #10
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
If you step back and look at the entire picture you will realize that open-mindedness enables a person to like and dis-like. "Corrected" someone for saying VW sucks? That is being closed-minded.

Bullshit. 2+2 is 4. Agreeing with someone that asserts 2+2 is 7.5 is not being open minded, it's being retarded.

Correcting someone who uses easily disproven statments is not being closed minded.

Here, try it with your teachers (or your boss). Tell them that you weren't wrong on that test, but they were merely being closed minded about your "opinion" of the answer.

Don't be a dumbass.

Someone comes on here and says "Asians suck" or Blacks are retarded" and I say "you're wrong and a moron." Am *I* the one being closed minded for correcting someone else with a closed minded opinion? Not a chance. Don't know how I can make it clear enough for you to grasp.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 01-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #11
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

man i like ford to, but DUDE, SHUT THE **** UP MAN!
Old 01-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #12
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I was mostly just trying to get him to shut up. Classic Ford Muscle is fine by me.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #13
Ground Rat
CF Newbie

I have a ford 292 Y block, it doesn't suck.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:23 AM   #14
Benny
CF Newbie

To be honest I see the same ralative numbers of Chevy to Ford, Except for one exception, and that is the Ford Mustang. Furthermore, The 1962 Ford Falcon was purchased completely by a Southamerican country, where they were then produced in mass much like the beetle. Something tells me there is more to this car then nostalgia. Go to Australia. There's some eral Nutheads down there, you think americans have redneck mechanics, they have redneck mechanics on Steroids. They still understand Musclecar, which is why I want o see US Ford and Aussie Ford to start competeing against eachother in an anual car car and see who can produce the best production car (not a specail/prototype/one issue deal) They got falcons down there with 6 cylinders that put our big boys to shame.

My car is a 63 Fairlane, She has a straight 6 in her that is pretty much original, and she still have a lot of kick in her...I suspect a rebuild at least one in the past. My question has always been, Why use 8 when you can use six? More low end torque, and once you get moving, its all up to the Transmission to determine the maximum speed of your car, simple as that. Ford...well, that Ford 6 was made from near 1962 all the way through 1985, with basically no change. There is a Chevy block with nearly the same kind of heritage that goes back to the late 1920s, and you will find that basic block all the way up the line.

Bullet simple, words that may be something that the really nerded out car geeks shudder at, but that is the essence of a bulletproof design. But we still have yet to see True Engineering revolution withint he car industry, beyond what we already know...the true power/efficiensy of the old design still has not been found.
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:45 PM   #15
Wally
I Know More Than You

You are probably right about a lot of that, but americans are still very good at getting their product up and boogying.

The sixes you refer to in the Australian context do vary from the USA ones for their time. The Oz engineers for instance pioneered the 2V head for the 200's and the cross flow for the bigger cubes. These were exported to the USA in large quantities.

Similarly the Aussie Cleveland 351 had much better heads than the american counterpart, thus much more stock power. We also had the 302 cleveland, while the USA had to make do with the 302 Windsor.

Of course this all means zip, coz DSmer will say so.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote