Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #31
Inygknok
El del Supra

goddamn..... where do all of these idiots come from?!

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #32
SandMan05
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar
Why do all you guys hate on "ricers?" So what if we have big wings on our cars and big mufflers, whats the big deal. The point is, our Civic's are faster than most cars and can smoke cars twice as expensive. My 1995 Honda Civic DX is quick as a whip and cheap too boot. All you guys in your fancy domestics and supra's are just a bunch of idiots. All I can say is, eat my Apexi dust....

I have a 1988 cutlass that cost $600 and it will smoke any stock civic. your civics with their little 1.4 liter inline 4's do only put out 104 at the fly wheel. my cutlass puts out around 180 in a 2.8 liter v-6. civics can move when modified but then and only then so you meet me stock to stock and we will see the cheeper older and heavier car come out on top. peace
SandMan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #33
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan05
I have a 1988 cutlass that cost $600 and it will smoke any stock civic. your civics with their little 1.4 liter inline 4's do only put out 104 at the fly wheel. my cutlass puts out around 180 in a 2.8 liter v-6. civics can move when modified but then and only then so you meet me stock to stock and we will see the cheeper older and heavier car come out on top. peace

RWD Cutlass Supreme Classic, FWD Cutlass Supreme or FWD Cutlass Ciera? In either case...

Most were V6, FWD models, with 2.8 to 3.8 liter engines, and low output (120-150 crank hp) in a relatively heavy car (even the lightest was over a thousnad lbs heavier than a Civic...). the Cutlass was also available with the 4cyl, that only had 98 hp! In fact, even a Civic DX has a better power to weight ratio than the Cutlass, with better gear ratios. Any Civic EX or Si will outpower your Cutlass in stock form, easily!

Even the extremely rare RWD Cutlass Supreme Classic with the V8 had no more than 150 hp in stock form, and was only capable of a 17 second 1/4 mile (the FWD V6 versions ran 0-60 in 11 seconds and ran the quarter in 18 seconds, stock). A Ciciv Si of the same year was almost 3 seconds quicker to 60 and 2-3 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile than the STOCK Cutlass!

Please, read my earier posts and try to actually learn something, rather than sput off ill-informed and derogatory BS, and completely non-factual smack talk.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #34
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

Civics seem to be the number one riced out car...why do so many people hate civics...probably because many punk ass kids put fart can mufflers and huge rims on the back and stockers up front...so they have become stereotyped. I knew a kid that had an older civic that would go low 14's all motor and looked stock...it's really just about doing a build up right...and many people dont know how to do that...the fast and the furious really f*cked up a lot of possible would be tuners. Personally, I wouldn't feel safe driving a civic...too small for my liking.

As far as wings go...not all are created equal...some are created only for appearance and can actually hurt performance....2ft tall aluminum pick-nick tables bolted to the trunk of a stock vehicle.....well, needless to say, that doesn't make you look cool...it makes you the laughing stock of everyone within eyesight.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:21 AM   #35
CivicSi
CF Newbie

lemme start by saying one thing. in the world of imports there are two types of drivers: 1. Ricers and 2. Tuners
Definition:
Ricer (in my mind atleast)- A ricer is a low IQ driver with the ambitions of one day having a fast car. Therefore (in case of a honda D series engine) they will add mods such as full exhausts and high flow cats. However the D engines along with many other Honda powerplants produce power off back pressure so welding a coffee can to ur car will only make u slower. As for the looks of the cars the big wings are ridiculous save ur money and buy sumthing useful i.e. a turbo. However i am a fan of looks but i would never do more than a nicely designed body kit (and the myths are false u cannot add horsepower to a car by putting sponsor stickers, vinyls, body parts, or rims on ur car)
Tuner (again in my mind)- Is an import driver with knowledge and seeking more knowledge. A tuner knows there car and usually their entire companies line up. Most tuners can rattle off bolt ons to add minimial HP gains, but a true tuner knows that power doesnt come easy. And as for our musclecar fan that has posted, i have to give it to him "You can't displace displacement!!"
I consider myself a tuner only bc i have some knowledge but i am a far step away from being an experienced mechanic. Rice is not an attitude its a handicap, and hopefully one day the ricers of the world will grow up and become tuners
Old 04-20-2005, 04:25 AM   #36
CivicSi
CF Newbie

i agree but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan05
ur 100% rite a stock civic is running at the most 106hp at the flywheel. however A civic Si will run 165hp at the flywheel and isnt a 1.4 but a 1.6 the .2 doesnt add up to much but hey the bigger the better. not to start ne rivalries but not all civics suck, just like not all domestics are amazing :cough:cavalier, focus, sunfire:cough:
Old 04-20-2005, 04:32 AM   #37
twoloud4urears21
CF Newbie

sorry..but that v8 focus is badass....

Old 04-20-2005, 04:38 AM   #38
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSi
ur 100% rite a stock civic is running at the most 106hp at the flywheel. however A civic Si will run 165hp at the flywheel and isnt a 1.4 but a 1.6 the .2 doesnt add up to much but hey the bigger the better. not to start ne rivalries but not all civics suck, just like not all domestics are amazing :cough:cavalier, focus, sunfire:cough:

I believe ChrisV wil come back with more pics of those cars being amazing

Anyway....Why is it that hard-core muscle car lovers always think that the japan import world consists of civics alone? They completely overlook sports cars that revolutionized the automotive world, and that are amazing at what they do. The civic was created for economy, not as a sports car, that's why honda came out with the NSX (which is where variable exhaust/intake valve timing orgininated, I believe), the s2000, integra R, etc. etc. I remember another guy on this forum a while ago had a statement in his sig that read; "Fvcking imports!", and when I confronted him about it, he said he was talking about; "shtty little 4 bangers with 1.5 liter engines". Why the generalization? Dissing on other cars to make your seem superior?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:45 AM   #39
twoloud4urears21
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
I remember another guy on this forum a while ago had a statement in his sig that read; "Fvcking imports!", and when I confronted him about it, he said he was talking about; "shtty little 4 bangers with 1.5 liter engines". Why the generalization? Dissing on other cars to make your seem superior?

well then he was a noob that wasnt educated very much on imports..im not a import fan, i actually hate them..but WHEN..i said WHEN i see a nice import thats fast and not covered with stickers and whatnot, i give them respect for spending the money and making there car fast/nice, but when you get these stock civic/accords/etc.. kids trying to race you...those are the kids that give imports a bad name...so i think people just throw the finger at all imports and they shouldnt..not all are rice, not all have jackoff drivers, just cause they are from japan dont mean there bad cars
Old 04-20-2005, 05:33 AM   #40
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Around here the majority of the people (teens) just put on cheap body kits, wings and wheels and they do nothing to the engines at all and yet they think their fast cause of what the car looks like and not by how it runs. Oh ya, you cant forget the coffee can exhaust tips The majority of the cars people around here actually do up are Cavaliers, Neons, Sunfires and a few Civics. The cars are more funny then they are cool, i think so anyways. Sorry if this is kinda off topic.
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #41
griffinstud78
CF Newbie

dont forget that when they put that NOS sticker on the car it adds 15 hp
griffinstud78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:31 AM   #42
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffinstud78
dont forget that when they put that NOS sticker on the car it adds 15 hp

Type R badges adds 20hp.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #43
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoloud4urears21
well then he was a noob that wasnt educated very much on imports..im not a import fan, i actually hate them..but WHEN..i said WHEN i see a nice import thats fast and not covered with stickers and whatnot, i give them respect for spending the money and making there car fast/nice, but when you get these stock civic/accords/etc.. kids trying to race you...those are the kids that give imports a bad name...so i think people just throw the finger at all imports and they shouldnt..not all are rice, not all have jackoff drivers, just cause they are from japan dont mean there bad cars

then why "hate them" if you know that they aern't bad cars, themselves, and that it's only a particualr group of owners that are the problem? Not saying they have to be your favorites, but you can like most all the cars and STILL have your favorites. Hating them is a bit silly and immature.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #44
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Wink

Sadly I would probably consider myself a ricer since I race an Integra.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:31 AM   #45
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoloud4urears21

Similarly, the people who get on here and say my car's way faster stock than those poofy little imports, when they're talking about their American car that has had nothing done to it for 15 years. They assume that just because the engine has a bigger displacement that it must be way faster.

Quote:

Case in point.... so the civics get modded and can then beat you. THEY ARE NOW FASTER CARS!!! So what if yours is only stock and theirs isn't. If you want to beat them, you must out-mod them, not expect them to un-mod and race you stock. Their car is now modded and fast(er) ... and yours is un-modded and slow(er). So don't make big claims that yours is faster because it would be if they were both stock. That's like saying Japan would have beaten the US in WWII if the states didn't have the bomb. Seems stupid when I put it that way, doesn't it?