Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #46
91sentra7410
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar
Why do all you guys hate on "ricers?" So what if we have big wings on our cars and big mufflers, whats the big deal. The point is, our Civic's are faster than most cars and can smoke cars twice as expensive. My 1995 Honda Civic DX is quick as a whip and cheap too boot. All you guys in your fancy domestics and supra's are just a bunch of idiots. All I can say is, eat my Apexi dust....
Dude you dont know what you are talking about my friend has a 1994 honda civic dx and it is the slowest thing I have ever driven you want a good car buy a nissan!
91sentra7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #47
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91sentra7410
Dude you dont know what you are talking about my friend has a 1994 honda civic dx and it is the slowest thing I have ever driven you want a good car buy a nissan!

Dude you don't know what you are talking about my friend has a 1994 honda civic dx and it is the fastest thing I have ever driven you want a good car buy a honda!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:30 PM   #48
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

So use teh absolute lowest trim level of civic to make your comparison. Sheesh.

I could say all Nissans are dog slow becuse my wife used to have a four door automatic equipped Sentra that ran an 11 second 0-60... And it was rusted to hell, so all Nissans must be rusty POS, too...

OR, we could just say, there's good ones and bad ones, and you buy what you like and have fun with it.

This is a Civic DX owned by a guy with the handle of "cheesefrog." It puts down 430hp at the wheels (and he left the little DX muffler and exhaust tip on it to mess with people). It's actually a turbo car and runs 10 second quarter mile times in street trim...

http://www.cheesefrog.com/albums/album04/civic_02.jpg

http://www.cheesefrog.com/albums/album04/civic_01.jpg

http://www.cheesefrog.com/albums/album04/nx_01.jpg

This one's a DX with a 500+ hp turbo engine... Pretty subtle.

http://www.cheesefrog.com/albums/album20/aad.sized.jpg

520 hp Integra...

http://www.cheesefrog.com/albums/alb...6658.sized.jpg

http://www.cheesefrog.com/albums/alb...6668.sized.jpg

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:02 AM   #49
91sentra7410
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
So use teh absolute lowest trim level of civic to make your comparison. Sheesh.

I could say all Nissans are dog slow becuse my wife used to have a four door automatic equipped Sentra that ran an 11 second 0-60... And it was rusted to hell, so all Nissans must be rusty POS, too...

OR, we could just say, there's good ones and bad ones, and you buy what you like and have fun with it.

This is a Civic DX owned by a guy with the handle of "cheesefrog." It puts down 430hp at the wheels (and he left the little DX muffler and exhaust tip on it to mess with people). It's actually a turbo car and runs 10 second quarter mile times in street trim...

The reason why I used the lowest level civic is because of what that other person said about them and plus to get a civic to put out 430hp at the wheel you have to put thousands and thousands of dollars into and also that person was bagging on supras and other high end I hate to tell you I had a 1995 twin turbo supra I would like to see a stock civic beat that.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:08 AM   #50
91sentra7410
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Dude you don't know what you are talking about my friend has a 1994 honda civic dx and it is the fastest thing I have ever driven you want a good car buy a honda!
Let me ask you one question how much did it cost to do that also I was talking about a stock civic and if that what you are refering to you never driven over 115mph.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:12 AM   #51
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Why do all you guys hate on "ricers?" So what if we have big wings on our cars and big mufflers, whats the big deal. The point is, our Civic's are faster than most cars and can smoke cars twice as expensive. My 1995 Honda Civic DX is quick as a whip and cheap too boot. All you guys in your fancy domestics and supra's are just a bunch of idiots. All I can say is, eat my Apexi dust....

I like imports as well as domestics. Im even thinking of buying a Honda myself, theyre great little cars. However, I seriously doubt your little 4Cyl. can take on my 1984 Mustang Gt with a 351 Windsor that is making close to 600 HP AT THE WHEELS, and almost 585 Ft. Lbs. of Torque.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:43 AM   #52
91sentra7410
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
I like imports as well as domestics. Im even thinking of buying a Honda myself, theyre great little cars. However, I seriously doubt your little 4Cyl. can take on my 1984 Mustang Gt with a 351 Windsor that is making close to 600 HP AT THE WHEELS, and almost 585 Ft. Lbs. of Torque.
you got a pritty good point
Old 04-26-2005, 04:35 AM   #53
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Let me ask you one question how much did it cost to do that also I was talking about a stock civic and if that what you are refering to you never driven over 115mph.

As I can see, punctuation is not your specialty. Please run a spell check before you post again.

How much did it cost to do that? I'm guessing that you're refering to the 'modded civic' I was refering to. Well, guess what? I was mocking you.

My friend's stock civic EX hit 120 with RPMs left to go. Sorry, wrong statement again. Also, why are you bringing in the stock variable? I'm sure the thread poster wasn't talking about a stock B16.

Quote:
I would like to see a stock civic beat that.

Well, seeing as how the civic was never meant to compete with the supra, and no stock civic can beat it, but we're not talking stock, we're talking modified. ANY CAR CAN BEAT ANY CAR BASED UPON THE WORK THAT'S DONE TO IT. Write that down.
-------------------------------------------
Quote:
Let me ask you one question how much did it cost to do that also I was talking about a stock civic and if that what you are refering to you never driven over 115mph. What kind of car do you got there turbo
I like how you PMed me this, as if it shouldn't be shared. You were talking stock. Everyone else was talking modified. Looks like you're the one behind the game. And who cares if it's turbo? A 3 liter TT engine can take on a 8 liter NA one.
--------------------------------------------
Any other objections?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #54
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351

So what have you done to the 351 to make 600 at the wheels? I know what it took to get my Ford 460 to make 600 at the wheels...

Remember, when it comes to power to weight and gear ratios, it doesn't take as much for a modded Honda (or any light car) to be as fast as a more powerful Domestic. Those ones I posted look fairly stock, but pack a pretty powerful punch.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 04-26-2005, 02:02 PM   #55
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
The reason why I used the lowest level civic is because of what that other person said about them and plus to get a civic to put out 430hp at the wheel you have to put thousands and thousands of dollars into and also that person was bagging on supras and other high end I hate to tell you I had a 1995 twin turbo supra I would like to see a stock civic beat that.

For the cost of a stock twin turbo Supra, I could build a quicker Civic. Actually, I could builld a number of quicker Civics for the cost of a stock twin turbo Supra.

It's all in skill and budget.

Start with a '93-95 Civic Dx shell, for under a grand with a tired engine. Then drop in a LS hybrid with a big turbo... remember, I''m only trying to beat a stock TT Supra (BTW, what do a stock a 400 hp Supra, a 600 hp Supra and a 900 hp Supra have in common? they all run 12s...). Tune it and use Nitto drag radials, and it'll drive to the track and run faster than a stock Supra turbo for a third of the price. Seriously, where do you guys get the idea that it costs $20-30k to make a Civic go fast?

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 04-30-2005, 10:07 PM   #56
PUGMAN
CF Newbie

Wink

Hey guys, thought i'd tell you i've been working in Honda's UK site in Swindon England where both SR-V's and Civics are manufactured. The USA has the biggest market for export. Today I saw the new Civic on the test track and it looks something special. As for the SR-V theres hell of a lot being turned out mostly in white for export market. For some reason you cant get a white one in the UK , if you want one from Honda you have to import one. Production is currently running at a car every 2.5 mins. Thats hell of a lot of Civics for you boy racers to put wings on.
PUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:53 AM   #57
SubaruCorsi
CF Newbie

Quote:

*falls on the floor laughing
SubaruCorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #58
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
(BTW, what do a stock a 400 hp Supra, a 600 hp Supra and a 900 hp Supra have in common? they all run 12s...)

Is that really true? I've seen a number of dyno queen Supras that still had the stickers on their tires and could'nt blow dust off an ancient china cabinent. But surley there has to be some truth to the whole, 400-900HP Supras all run 12's.

Quote:
Seriously, where do you guys get the idea that it costs $20-30k to make a Civic go fast?

All the guys at the import shows. Spend $50,000 on a show car then people automaticly believe they need $50,000 to create the same performance that the owner probably paid someone else $10,000 to install. Forget Civics, I stand by the allmighty DSM. Give me 5K and a bone stock GSX. I'll beat just about 80% of any modified car ,with comparable money spent, to step to the staging lights.

Oh, and BTW. Did'nt you and I allready cover this whole wing controversy ChrisV?

READ HERE > Spoilers, What are they good for? < READ HERE

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #59
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
All the guys at the import shows. Spend $50,000 on a show car then people automaticly believe they need $50,000 to create the same performance that the owner probably paid someone else $10,000 to install. Forget Civics, I stand by the allmighty DSM. Give me 5K and a bone stock GSX. I'll beat just about 80% of any modified car ,with comparable money spent, to step to the staging lights.

If I had extra money lying around, I would most definitely buy you a GSX, ChrisV a RX-7 of his choice, and give you each 5 grand. It would be kinda fun to see whos car runs better times.

What mods would you put on your GSX, DSMer? Keeping it under the 5k limit, of course.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:45 AM   #60
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
If I had extra money lying around, I would most definitely buy you a GSX, ChrisV a RX-7 of his choice, and give you each 5 grand. It would be kinda fun to see whos car runs better times.

What mods would you put on your GSX, DSMer? Keeping it under the 5k limit, of course.

With 5K I would have to say it would be a pretty sizeable assumption that I could create a GSX that would beat a V8 powered RX-7. Afterall, I have taken quite a few SS's and GT's at the strip with under $4,000 worth of engine performance mods.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote