Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #61
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
With 5K I would have to say it would be a pretty sizeable assumption that I could create a GSX that would beat a V8 powered RX-7. Afterall, I have taken quite a few SS's and GT's at the strip with under $4,000 worth of engine performance mods.

Don't forget, the winner of this year's Grassroots Motorsports magazine $2005 challenge was a 5.0 powered FC RX7 built for under $2000 total that ran an 11.6 in the quarter,and was an autocross car... I can imagine what it would be like with an extra $3k able to be invested...

http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/v...ighlight=butts

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #62
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Don't forget, the winner of this year's Grassroots Motorsports magazine $2005 challenge was a 5.0 powered FC RX7 built for under $2000 total that ran an 11.6 in the quarter,and was an autocross car... I can imagine what it would be like with an extra $3k able to be invested...

http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/v...ighlight=butts

Eeek, thats one serious RX-7 on if I must say so myself. Lowest I've ever ran ran on a stock GSX would be 12.1's. Maybe 11.8's with total weight reduction. A V8 powered RX-7 would be a serious competitor to that of the DSM in the bracket racing arena.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:42 AM   #63
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Eeek, thats one serious RX-7 on if I must say so myself. Lowest I've ever ran ran on a stock GSX would be 12.1's. Maybe 11.8's with total weight reduction. A V8 powered RX-7 would be a serious competitor to that of the DSM in the bracket racing arena.
Hey DSM how are the transmission for an AWD like a GSX work and where do the axles come out of it?? Dont get mad its just a question.
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:23 AM   #64
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

^^yet again...

the one thing that bothered me about the GRM winner was that it was a 10AE. only like 700 or less left in the country....anyother 7 i say do whatever but its a collectors vechile deal.

sorry, car envy. better than it being junked though.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:14 AM   #65
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Hey DSM how are the transmission for an AWD like a GSX work and where do the axles come out of it?? Dont get mad its just a question.
howstuffworks have a good section on all wheel drive (... or at least 4 wheel drive, but you get the idea)
Old 05-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #66
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Impedance
^^yet again...

the one thing that bothered me about the GRM winner was that it was a 10AE. only like 700 or less left in the country....anyother 7 i say do whatever but its a collectors vechile deal.

sorry, car envy. better than it being junked though.

And even those, when they don't run, are considered worthless by rotards, who wouldn't pay more than $500 for a nice one with a dead engine. Hell, even a nice condition, running 10AE won't bring much money, as they are not considered valuable cars. That car could not have been built if rotards hadn't already considered it worthless enough to be aquired cheaply.

Yet again, what bugs me is that rotards think the engine is the only thing of value in the FC, and without it it's "no better" than any other car, and in fact, often consider it worse.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote