Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
Tyko
CF Newbie

small hp tweaks

I see a lot of people saying hah only a tiny hp more, worry about bigger things (said like that or similar)
Com'n now is it that bad to get your small done up also Theres a ton of small tweaks & parts you can get to give yourself 4-15 hp that could add up I undertand the whole worry about bigger things, but once you have those bigger things then tweaks it all & get your small trinkits to give you another 50 at least when added up
Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
Flame Roller
CF Enthusiast

A lot depends....

First off are you going to be racing your vehicle? Or do you just want to make it a little more powerful for fun? If you are going to race it then it would be assumed you are willing to spend a decent amount of money to upgrade the power of the vehicle. This in turn means you should probably get the bigger modifications, such as a supercharger, turbocharger, or whatever it is you are looking at. With that there is also the possiblity that if you have done many small mods some of them may actually be hindering you rather than helping you after you put other things onto it. There is a very fine line to tuning a vehicle, and each and every vehicle is different. You have to be careful not to weaken it rather than strengthining it. However if you are looking for slight gains just because you like to play with cars, then in general the smaller mods are a good bet, also they generally do not hurt, but still be careful. Also if you want to upgrade your car over time when you have the time the small mods are where to go, as the more expensive mods are sometimes too much of a chunk out of the bank account. This also is to say some mods are plain worthless. Don't waste money on something that is not going to do anything for your vehicle, better to save up for the more important mods. Also do not go overboard (especially in daily drivers) as you don't want something that is not going to be worth having. Most people don't want just a 'racing machine.' With that I am not sure what expensive for you means, I think of most mods as expensive, but some just plain worth it, get a good exhaust if your vehicle doesn't have it, which can cost around 1000 dollars for headers and a good cat-back but will show a noticeable improvement.
Flame Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:54 AM   #3
Oomba
Banned

One of my dads friends told me there was something you can do with a sparkplu g to gain a tiny bit of speed. Something to do with loosening something. I cant remember.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:20 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
One of my dads friends told me there was something you can do with a sparkplu g to gain a tiny bit of speed. Something to do with loosening something. I cant remember.
I think I speak for every member of this forum when I say thank you for that insightful post.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:54 AM   #5
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I think I speak for every member of this forum when I say thank you for that insightful post.

I think that was a great post. It helped me. maybe you should listen up more and not talk shit before i kick your lil 10 year old ass.
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:58 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
I think that was a great post. It helped me. maybe you should listen up more and not talk shit before i kick your lil 10 year old ass.
And that right there is a direct violation of forum rules...And a federal offense. Care to take it a step further.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-14-2005, 05:05 AM   #7
Oomba
Banned

I posted more so someone who possibly knew it could remind me, not so much to help anyone else. I dont know jack about cars, dont go asking me stuff.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:06 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I posted more so someone who possibly knew it could remind me, not so much to help anyone else. I dont know jack about cars, dont go asking me stuff.
Damn, and I was writing a list of car questions I wanted to ask you about. You seem to have alot of experience.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:12 AM   #9
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Damn, and I was writing a list of car questions I wanted to ask you about. You seem to have alot of experience.

I don't see what the hostility is for, I'm just making myself clear.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:19 AM   #10
CarEXPERT
Banned

hobo clearly you cant ask any question without getting a few laughs. He doesnt even know what a mustang engine looks like. he thinks its a honda. seriously yur not funny your jus being a stupid kid.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:22 AM   #11
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
hobo clearly you cant ask any question without getting a few laughs. He doesnt even know what a mustang engine looks like. he thinks its a honda. seriously yur not funny your jus being a stupid kid.

I wouldnt know what it looks like either unless it said MUSTANG on it. About the only engine i could tell different from any other is a Hemi.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:25 AM   #12
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
I wouldnt know what it looks like either unless it said MUSTANG on it. About the only engine i could tell different from any other is a Hemi.

damn kid. its alright i was like you once. you can ask me any questions and ill be happy to answer them.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:03 PM   #13
Oomba
Banned

Thanks man.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:47 AM   #14
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Im sorry, but I think you have no place whatsoever to insult Hobo. Especially when reffering to him as a dumb Kid. From what I've heard him talking about, he has a son, a wife, and 35 years of experience working on engines ranging from a VW beetle to aircraft. Of course I have only picked this up from him bashing me for making stupid statements.

So, if you for some reason think you know more than a person whose knowledge of cars is seemingly endless, with more experience in his pinky finger than in your whole body, then by all means try to tangle with the hobo.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:41 AM   #15
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Im sorry, but I think you have no place whatsoever to insult Hobo. Especially when reffering to him as a dumb Kid. From what I've heard him talking about, he has a son, a wife, and 35 years of experience working on engines ranging from a VW beetle to aircraft. Of course I have only picked this up from him bashing me for making stupid statements.

So, if you for some reason think you know more than a person whose knowledge of cars is seemingly endless, with more experience in his pinky finger than in your whole body, then by all means try to tangle with the hobo.

I thought he was just a little kid... but im wrong and im sorry hobo. I didnot mean to insult you.