Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #16
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You ARE the one who said pro-abortion. I disagree with people who are pro-choice, but the thought of being pro-abortion is beyond comprehension. Negative population growth and the eventual extinction of our species. I agree in as much as I wish some of the mothers of the children who post here were pro-abortion, but overall I think it's a bad idea.

"Here we go again," because

(a) We already know a good bit of my view on the subject, and the discussion can be quite exhaustive.

(b) You're splitting hairs:

The question was posed in a two-part format and most people know what each part was referring to. So I didn't correct him and say, "no, I'm pro-choice." Big deal. I think those kind of responses are a big, fat cop-out, anyway. Everyone knows what abortion is, you either believe people should have the right to it (under certain circumstances, maybe) or you don't. There's no need to sugar-coat it.

It's kind of like when people ask, "are you pro-choice?" and the person replies, "I'm pro-choice. I choose the life of an innocent child," or some shit like that. Or "are you pro-life?" "Yes, I'm pro the lives of already-born children who go neglected everyday." I think such responses totally dance around the issue.

We all know what abortion today is. If a question is asking are you for it or against it, we should be able to give a clear, concise answer and the reader or listener should know what we're referring to. And this has nothing to do with said listener or reader having a crystal ball, either Just plain ol' familiarity with the subject, as it is defined today.

Uh... abortion will lead to the end of the species? Isn't that a tad dramatic?
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:07 AM   #17
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
*sigh* let's get back to topic, shall we?

Is using a pill (morning after pill) considered abortion to you? Most die hard republicans I've talked to say that life starts at conception, but what about a pill that stops conception? naturally, since it denies conception, I would think that it would be considered blashemy (sp?), but I'm not completely sure, as you aren't really killing a baby. Opinions?
Although, I don't think abortions should be considered, except for rape,incest, and extreme medical reasons,I wish Godlaus's mom had taken a morning after pill back in 88. Jesus loves you, but, your'e going to hell anyway. Could this be considered (blashemy)? Nope, not even blasphemy, and why would you ask or even care?
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #18
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Although, I don't think abortions should be considered, except for rape,incest, and extreme medical reasons,I wish Godlaus's mom had taken a morning after pill back in 88. Jesus loves you, but, your'e going to hell anyway. Could this be considered (blashemy)? Nope, not even blasphemy, and why would you ask or even care?


Thereis a right way wong to diss someone by saying "I wish your mom had taken the pil". The right way was the way vwhobo said it. Yours was just redundant because it repeats what he already said, and you said it in a pretty shtty way. Jesus loves me (I never said that). But I'm going to hell anyway. true, but that's my choice. and by your logic, if hitler took jesus as his lord and savior, he'd be going to heaven. Same thing with Ghandi. according to you, he's going to hell, even though he never committed a sin.

I asked this question because I wanted to see both sides. If you can't answer the question sensibly, then don't answer at all.

I made a mistake in using the morning after pill for an example. ti should be one of those monthly pill things. That's denying conception before sex, as opposed to after.

I suppose the problem with making abortions legal for rape, is figuring out if a girl was raped. Couldn't she just say she was in an abusive relationship and her boyfriend raped her? She could be lying, or she could be telling the truth. It'll be a unique court case, but some cases take longer than 9 month. You run into multiple problems. Thoughts?
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:38 PM   #19
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Thereis a right way wong to diss someone by saying "I wish your mom had taken the pil". The right way was the way vwhobo said it. Yours was just redundant because it repeats what he already said, and you said it in a pretty shtty way. Jesus loves me (I never said that). But I'm going to hell anyway. true, but that's my choice. and by your logic, if hitler took jesus as his lord and savior, he'd be going to heaven. Same thing with Ghandi. according to you, he's going to hell, even though he never committed a sin.

I asked this question because I wanted to see both sides. If you can't answer the question sensibly, then don't answer at all.

I made a mistake in using the morning after pill for an example. ti should be one of those monthly pill things. That's denying conception before sex, as opposed to after.

I suppose the problem with making abortions legal for rape, is figuring out if a girl was raped. Couldn't she just say she was in an abusive relationship and her boyfriend raped her? She could be lying, or she could be telling the truth. It'll be a unique court case, but some cases take longer than 9 month. You run into multiple problems. Thoughts?

You are just about as funny as TWHAT. Where is the redundance? You want to grab the hobo to you side as a crutch. Hobo is not an atheist, you are. He believes in a supreme being,you don't. As far as the Mo#@%r Hitler, IF and I say if, he had accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his personel savior before he died, I think the piece of crap would go to heaven. BUT, if he took his own life, which I hope he did, he won't get past the gates. I said "Jesus loves you, but your'e going to hell anyway". I will say what I want,when I want and there is not one FREAKING thing you can do about it, YOU LITTLE STUPID PUNK!!!!!! Please write a rule for all of us. Tell us how to talk and be polite to you. Dipstick I'll guess mine is the "wong" way.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #20
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Lets get back to topic, shall we.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:22 AM   #21
shev
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 163
I like the abortion laws how they are. where after a certain point they can't abort the child. or they'd keep drawing the line farther back until masturbating was illegal, because it kills hundreds of millions of potential babies.
shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:36 AM   #22
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by shev
I like the abortion laws how they are. where after a certain point they can't abort the child. or they'd keep drawing the line farther back until masturbating was illegal, because it kills hundreds of millions of potential babies.
Point-score.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:56 AM   #23
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
I'll guess mine is the "wong" way.

LOL! You are so "wong," lectroid

Godlaus, take a chill pill
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:00 AM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
LOL! You are so "wong," lectroid

Godlaus, take a chill pill
I think (know) Godlaus is simply trying to stir the pot. He doesn't seem to realize that while we have differing viewpoints, especially on this issue, we can agree to disagree like big girls and boys.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:00 AM   #25
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
LOL! You are so "wong," lectroid

Godlaus, take a chill pill
SILLY GIRL
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:06 AM   #26
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
FOR ALL OF YOU OVERSEAS
1. Opinion of american citizens

The ones I've met have been very friendly and polite (sometimes insincerely polite in business dealings). The palate deflected accent is very distinctive and loud/harsh and can take some time getting used to (I know that there are regional accents, but they tend to sound the same to outsiders). As a general culture I perceive they are insular and have little comprehension of the world around them and treat other nations as a threat to the "American Way". I think most secretly subscribe to the Andy Warhol "In the future, everybody will be world famous for 15 minutes" and scout opportunities to fulfill that promise. I think there is a certain duplicity in individuals behaviour because of competition to outshine the other. I think there is a certain wanting for acceptance and accreditation that results in cavalier behaviour on the world stage. I also think none of us are perfect and very grateful for the americans entering the side of right during the major wars so our generations can enjoy satisfactory degrees of freedom, however I think the US captains of industry tarnished this by profiteering from the misery.

2. Opinion of iraq war

An aggressive way to stop the spread of nationalistic Islam and open Asian to European trade routes. Seen as a cynical exercise by many Australians.

3. Opinion of George W Bush

Must be clever to get where he has. Wants to be seen as a knockabout apple pie type bloke, but firm and disciplined. Couldn't lay straight in bed, B grade actor, sneeky, conniving, insincere, loud, self opinionated, misogynist, wealthy, etc = usual leadership credentials.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:20 AM   #27
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
FOR ALL OF YOU OVERSEAS
1. Opinion of american citizens

The ones I've met have been very friendly and polite (sometimes insincerely polite in business dealings). The palate deflected accent is very distinctive and loud/harsh and can take some time getting used to (I know that there are regional accents, but they tend to sound the same to outsiders). As a general culture I perceive they are insular and have little comprehension of the world around them and treat other nations as a threat to the "American Way". I think most secretly subscribe to the Andy Warhol "In the future, everybody will be world famous for 15 minutes" and scout opportunities to fulfill that promise. I think there is a certain duplicity in individuals behaviour because of competition to outshine the other. I think there is a certain wanting for acceptance and accreditation that results in cavalier behaviour on the world stage. I also think none of us are perfect and very grateful for the americans entering the side of right during the major wars so our generations can enjoy satisfactory degrees of freedom, however I think the US captains of industry tarnished this by profiteering from the misery.

2. Opinion of iraq war

An aggressive way to stop the spread of nationalistic Islam and open Asian to European trade routes. Seen as a cynical exercise by many Australians.

3. Opinion of George W Bush

Must be clever to get where he has. Wants to be seen as a knockabout apple pie type bloke, but firm and disciplined. Couldn't lay straight in bed, B grade actor, sneeky, conniving, insincere, loud, self opinionated, misogynist, wealthy, etc = usual leadership credentials.
Damn, you truly are in OZ,aren't you.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:23 AM   #28
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Damn, you truly are in OZ,aren't you.
The original post asked for opinions. It didn't say they need to be based on facts or have any thought behind them.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:33 AM   #29
shev
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
FOR ALL OF YOU OVERSEAS

3. Opinion of George W Bush

Must be clever to get where he has. Wants to be seen as a knockabout apple pie type bloke, but firm and disciplined. Couldn't lay straight in bed, B grade actor, sneeky, conniving, insincere, loud, self opinionated, misogynist, wealthy, etc = usual leadership credentials.

Hmmmm it's not that bush is so clever, it's that everyone else is so dumb(apparently). as for being a misogynist, i dont think he dislikes women. if thats what you meant. but I heard some really funny derogatory quotes about women from his cabinets. as for being disciplined, i don't think he is.too undisciplined, especially in his upbringing. a general rich kid. only wealthy because of his "daddy".
shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:11 AM   #30
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The original post asked for opinions. It didn't say they need to be based on facts or have any thought behind them.

Correct on both counts. Unless I lived in the US, I can only make observations based on the media and history. I could have made comments based on juvenile tv shows casted by 28 year old immature actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Damn, you truly are in OZ,aren't you.

Yes and we are a bunch of wankers, but Kiwis are worse.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.