Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #46
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Come on. Family guy says that Jesus and Moses used guns to kill the Romans. Lol.

I think that if God is omniscient and all powerful that he has a nudge or two into what happens. IE he made the founding fathers think up the Declaration etc.

hahaha i just saw that episode. Family Guy = amazingness.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #47
shev
CF Enthusiast

Jesus rises from the dead each christmas to feed on childrens brains.-family guy
shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #48
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

I fail to comprehend is to how politics has anything to do with automotive stats, specs, performance, etc. Perhaps another topic would be more appropriate for the forums other then the war in Iraq. You think?
Hepatitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:44 PM   #49
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatitus
I fail to comprehend is to how politics has anything to do with automotive stats, specs, performance, etc. Perhaps another topic would be more appropriate for the forums other then the war in Iraq. You think?

*sigh* you really are a n00b.

What sub section forum are we in?
oh yeah, off topic.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #50
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
*sigh* you really are a n00b.

What sub section forum are we in?
oh yeah, off topic.

Yo, lol What's a "n00b"....? You're right, we are in an "Off Topic" zone, but aren't we still on www.car-forums.com? haHA YEAH!

::sighs and shakes head:: I thought I've seen it all............
Old 01-18-2005, 12:04 AM   #51
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Yo, lol What's a "n00b"....? You're right, we are in an "Off Topic" zone, but aren't we still on www.car-forums.com?

::sighs and shakes head:: I thought I've seen it all............

What? because the forum is www.car-forums.com, we can only talk about cars and cars only? We have the off-topic forum so that we can talk about off-topic stuff. Whats the problem with it?
Old 01-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #52
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I've seen your name in two threads now and all you do is piss and moan. This IS the "Off Topic" section. It's real simple. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. That's your right as an American citizen unless someone is holding a gun to your head. If that's the case, PLEASE PULL THE TRIGGER.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:06 AM   #53
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

Quite an illaborate imagination. Watch me shoot myself. Watch me do it again, and again, and..........again........and finally, dude, you're pretty f**ked up.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:10 AM   #54
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Do you really not know what a noob or a n00b is?

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:12 AM   #55
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Do you really not know what a noob or a n00b is?

No man, I really don't. It must be a new slang term on the internet. I haven't been on the internet for almost a 8 months, and it's a new word for me. What is it?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:13 AM   #56
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
No man, I really don't. It must be a new slang term on the internet. I haven't been on the internet for almost a 8 months, and it's a new word for me. What is it?
First it isnt new, but it means Newbie and everything that entails. Being stupid, ignorant, etc.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:15 AM   #57
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Quote:

newbie, noob,n00b, all mean the same thing. A new person who doesn't know the way things happen.

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Coffin Type R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:45 PM   #58
Spitsign
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Isn't it ironic? If your mother was pro-abortion, you wouldn't be here to share your thoughts. You might want to re-think your stance... or at least your description thereof.

This is true.. but you can also look at it another way. Without abortion, there are numerous cases where the mother, instead of the child, might not be alive today to share her own thoughts

This is a very complex issue, and I don't think it is up to any of man to decide for another women what she can do with her own body (of course, depending on which stage of pregnancy the mother is in..)

Democrat/Independant. I don't want to label myself under any political party, but I am definitely more liberal than conservative, so if I had to choose, it would be democrat.

Anti Iraq war. As far as i'm concerned, we've been lied to about why we're in Iraq, and the fatalities of our own people as well as innocent Iraqi people are far too high to justify staying there much longer.

Agnostic

Pro choice
(In my opinion, not many anti abortion people are actually supporting their belifs. They are anti abortion, but not pro life. What happens to the child after he or she is born? They can be put up for adoption, yes.. But what happens to them if they are not adopted? )

Pro gun control
Certain people should definitely not be permitted to own a deadly weapon such as a gun
Spitsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:22 AM   #59
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsign
This is true.. but you can also look at it another way. Without abortion, there are numerous cases where the mother, instead of the child, might not be alive today to share her own thoughts
You don't get it do you. She said PRO-ABORTION. That means she believes that pregnant women should have abortions. If all pregnant women had abortions the human race would become extinct. Words mean things and she never said anything about choice.

Quote:
This is a very complex issue, and I don't think it is up to any of man to decide for another women what she can do with her own body (of course, depending on which stage of pregnancy the mother is in..)
Really? Then you haven't given it much thought. The last time I checked not many women get pregnant by themselves, there is also a man involved. Being as that is a fairly accurate and truthful statement the man should also be involved in the decision concerning the termination of the pregnancy. The other side of the coin is that if women are the only ones who can legally make that decision, that means that the man is relieved of all responsibility for said pregnancy. As such, if the woman decides to have the baby then the man cannot be held liable for child support, etc. Liberals want to have it both ways. Be realistic and at least pick one or the other.

Quote:
Democrat/Independant. I don't want to label myself under any political party, but I am definitely more liberal than conservative, so if I had to choose, it would be democrat.
Sorry to hear that, but that's your choice.

Quote:
Anti Iraq war. As far as i'm concerned, we've been lied to about why we're in Iraq, and the fatalities of our own people as well as innocent Iraqi people are far too high to justify staying there much longer.
Lied too? By who? The United Nations and the European Union had the same information as we did. The only difference is that we acted on it. Was the information faulty, most assuredly, but it's what we had to work with. And saying anti-war is a bit ignorant. How many people are actually pro-war. Probably the same number who are pro-abortion.

Quote:
Agnostic
You see, we do have a common ground.

Quote:
Pro choice
(In my opinion, not many anti abortion people are actually supporting their belifs. They are anti abortion, but not pro life. What happens to the child after he or she is born? They can be put up for adoption, yes.. But what happens to them if they are not adopted? )
There's that word again, choice. How can you say being anti-abortion is not being pro-life? Please explain, in detail, exactly how that works. As you're typing keep in mind I'm pro-life.

Quote:
Pro gun control
Certain people should definitely not be permitted to own a deadly weapon such as a gun
Another ignorant statement. There are plenty of people who aren't legally allowed to own a firearm. Maybe if we simply enforced the laws already on the books this discussion wouldn't be taking place. While we're at it, what other deadly weapons should we "control" or make illegal? Butcher knives? Nail guns? Automobiles? Aircraft? Care for me to go on?

Bottom line is this. I support your right to have your opinion... but I certainly don't have to agree with it, especially when facts don't back it up. My guess is that your still young and haven't reaaly seen the world for what it is yet. When you do you'll change your mind.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:34 AM   #60
Spitsign
CF Newbie

"You don't get it do you. She said PRO-ABORTION. That means she believes that pregnant women should have abortions. If all pregnant women had abortions the human race would become extinct. Words mean things and she never said anything about choice."

If you take it for the literal meaning of the phrase "pro abortion
" then yes, it is sadistic and wrong. However, the way we as a society view the phrase is not in the literal sense. Pro abortion simply means that, if a woman wishes to undergo the operation, then she should be allowed to. It doesn't imply that every pregnant woman must have one.

My point was, without abortion, in many cases the mother may not live after giving life to her child. This is why abortion is definitely beneficial in many cases. Of course, many times the mothers life is not at risk. But, like I said, I believe it is her choice on what to do with her own body. It is a very complex issue, I don't believe we should just illegalize it and forget it.

"Really? Then you haven't given it much thought. The last time I checked not many women get pregnant by themselves, there is also a man involved. Being as that is a fairly accurate and truthful statement the man should also be involved in the decision concerning the termination of the pregnancy. The other side of the coin is that if women are the only ones who can legally make that decision, that means that the man is relieved of all responsibility for said pregnancy. As such, if the woman decides to have the baby then the man cannot be held liable for child support, etc. Liberals want to have it both ways. Be realistic and at least pick one or the other. "

I have given it much thought, and believe me, I do not view this issue as black and white. I can see why you are anti abortion, and I respect your opinion. However, my own morals and beliefs do not permit me to tell another person what to do with his or her own body.

And yes, of course you need two people for pregnancy. But who really suffers the consequences? In many cases, the man can go off and live his life, when the woman has to suffer. No, this is not always the case, but frequently is.

On a side note, I do agree with you that if abortion were made legal in the supreme court, it would appear that man should not always be responsible for the child. One instance: IF the man wants an abortion, and the woman declines, decides to have the baby, but does not have the money.. it should be her problem. The man offered his solution to the problem, and she did not listen to the advice.
Like I said, I am not affiliated with one party and i am not narrow minded. I try my best to view issues from all sides.
Trust me, I am not simply a liberal who wants it both ways

"Sorry to hear that, but that's your choice."

"Lied too? By who? The United Nations and the European Union had the same information as we did. The only difference is that we acted on it. Was the information faulty, most assuredly, but it's what we had to work with. And saying anti-war is a bit ignorant. How many people are actually pro-war. Probably the same number who are pro-abortion."

It may have been misinformation. It may not have been. You are no higher authority on the matter than any other on this forum, we are all entitled to our opinions. The way I see it is this: Bush and his team have their own agenda, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed in their goals. They are willing to lie to the americans. Most large scale politicians will do the same, and that is why I do not like many of them.

"You see, we do have a common ground."

"There's that word again, choice. How can you say being anti-abortion is not being pro-life? Please explain, in detail, exactly how that works. As you're typing keep in mind I'm pro-life."

I did explain it.
Being born is one thing. Living is another. Orphans often feel as if they are worthless, and live their lives suffering from depression; many times depression causes suicide. This is obviously not life.
Often, the mother does not put the child up for adoption. She keeps him. For many young mothers, this is not a wise financial decision (obviously) and can lead the mother and the child into a very unhealthy life.

"Another ignorant statement. There are plenty of people who aren't legally allowed to own a firearm. Maybe if we simply enforced the laws already on the books this discussion wouldn't be taking place. While we're at it, what other deadly weapons should we "control" or make illegal? Butcher knives? Nail guns? Automobiles? Aircraft? Care for me to go on?"

Of course there are plenty of people who aren;t legally allowed to own a fire arm. When did I say there weren't? Without a form of gun control in place, this wouldn't be so..
Pointing out that there are other weapons, and that it is impossible to remove the threat that humans place on one another, really doesn't shift the gun control argument one way or another.

Bottom line is this. I support your right to have your opinion... but I certainly don't have to agree with it, especially when facts don't back it up. My guess is that your still young and haven't reaaly seen the world for what it is yet. When you do you'll change your mind.

You don't have to agree with it. And I don't have to agree with yours. Of course, there are facts to look up my argument. If you really are interested in what i'm saying, you can find the time to investigate in the matter. If not, it isn't worth my time arguing, is it?

Last edited by Spitsign : 01-24-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Spitsign is offline   Reply With Quote