Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
flavor4real
CF Newbie

Unhappy remote starter/alarm on tempo 92

hello, this is my first post and i have a big problem.
i bought me a alarm system and tried to put it it but somehow it's not working. the manual says this:

6-pin primary starter harness (ingition switch interface)
>pin1 starter outout (+) connect to the vehicle's starter wire
>pin2 accessory output (+) connect to the accessory wire coming from the ignition switch that supplies power to the heater/ac
>pin3 main power input ( i got that)
>pin4 ignition wire#1 ( i got that)
>pin5 ignition wire#2 ( i got that)
>pin6 Main power input b ( i got that)

first question:
starter wire (pin1) where is this wire on the ford tempo 92. I found one wire which shows 12V when u crack the car. Is it that wire?

6-pin secondary starter harness
>Tachometer wire
>voltage sensing input

Question: Where is this located? where do i need to connet on my car???

10-pin primary harness
>negative door input(-) connect to the door switch wire that showes ground when the door is open.
>dome light output (-)500mA connect to the wire that activetes the dome light

Question:
>negative door input>>> the driver door switch on the ford tempo 92 has 2 wires. 2 show all the time 12V. the 3rd one will show 12V when the door is open and close/ connect the 2 wires with the one who only shows 12V when door is open. so how do i connect that? where is the ground??

>dome light>>> is this the wire, the one that shows 12V when the door is open? the 3rd wire on the door switch? mentioned in above question.

thanks if someone can help. or maybe some one got a blur print or so...
dennis flavor4real@hotmail.com
flavor4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavor4real
hello, this is my first post and i have a big problem.
i bought me a alarm system and tried to put it it but somehow it's not working. the manual says this:

6-pin primary starter harness (ingition switch interface)
>pin1 starter outout (+) connect to the vehicle's starter wire
>pin2 accessory output (+) connect to the accessory wire coming from the ignition switch that supplies power to the heater/ac
>pin3 main power input ( i got that)
>pin4 ignition wire#1 ( i got that)
>pin5 ignition wire#2 ( i got that)
>pin6 Main power input b ( i got that)

first question:
starter wire (pin1) where is this wire on the ford tempo 92. I found one wire which shows 12V when u crack the car. Is it that wire?

6-pin secondary starter harness
>Tachometer wire
>voltage sensing input

Question: Where is this located? where do i need to connet on my car???

10-pin primary harness
>negative door input(-) connect to the door switch wire that showes ground when the door is open.
>dome light output (-)500mA connect to the wire that activetes the dome light

Question:
>negative door input>>> the driver door switch on the ford tempo 92 has 2 wires. 2 show all the time 12V. the 3rd one will show 12V when the door is open and close/ connect the 2 wires with the one who only shows 12V when door is open. so how do i connect that? where is the ground??

>dome light>>> is this the wire, the one that shows 12V when the door is open? the 3rd wire on the door switch? mentioned in above question.

thanks if someone can help. or maybe some one got a blur print or so...
dennis flavor4real@hotmail.com
Has it occurred to you that you should invest in a manual with wiring diagram for your car... before you start working on it?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
Tyko
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Has it occurred to you that you should invest in a manual with wiring diagram for your car... before you start working on it?

Hey flavor4real try getting a manual with the wiring diagram for your car, cuz I don't think I can help bro.

Thats the nicer version
Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:53 AM   #4
flavor4real
CF Newbie

well, i bought this repair manual with wiring manual from autozone but nothing much in it ... i mean a few plans but not what u need for it....
Old 01-16-2005, 04:37 AM   #5
Tyko
CF Newbie

I like doing mods myself as Im guessing you do, or you just wanna save a few bucks, I'd say if ya can't figure it out, autozone will install it.
Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko
I like doing mods myself as Im guessing you do, or you just wanna save a few bucks, I'd say if ya can't figure it out, autozone will install it.
Where did you come up with that brilliant tidbit of info? Autozone installs batteries... but not alarm systems. Think, type, submit.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
flavor4real
CF Newbie

yup autoone just install batteries. well i got a few wiring diagrams for that car. but like it says in the installation,

>>connect green wire (negative door switch) to groundwire on a door switch, which shows ground when door is open...well, 2 wires always showing power, the 3rd one will show power when the door is open. so where in the hell is the groundwire one this door switch then? <<

see thsi kinda stuff is troughing me out ....