Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2005, 11:05 AM   #1
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Unhappy Now gather round, I got something to say

Now where did I place my soapbox? Oh yeah, there it is.

(Stepping up to the soapbox)

I just got a few things to say. I want to say my peace and I’ll let the crowd take from there.

This is for everyone to hear, but pertaining to only a few.
Now I don’t have anything against you, at all.

First, to JaneiR36 and DSMer: Can you have discussion with out attacking each other? Jeez, its like I am listening to two children fighting over the last cookie.

Second, to the newbies out there, mainly CarEXPERT: I gather you are here to learn. One way to learn is to listen to whole topic before asking questions. Then the question shouldn’t one that can be covered by reading the previous statements. To use a common adage, given to us by vwhobo: “Think, type, submit”. However there should be one more in front of think and that is read. And that means the whole thread.

Finally, again to the newbies: There are a few people in this message board that have a great amount of knowledge in the space between their ears. If they call you on something, don’t flame them. Instead show some respect.

Now this is the last thing, I want to say. I am not stating in anyway that I know more than everyone out there, I am here to learn. I am just calling them as I see them.

This is just my
(Stepping down from the soapbox) “I am not a crook. Four more years, Four more years”

Back into the closet you go. Peace.

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Last edited by Coffin Type R : 01-17-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Coffin Type R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #2
2002_EVO_VII
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffin Type R
To use a common adage, given to us by vwhobo: “Think, type, submit”. However there should be one more in front of think and that is read. And that means the whole thread.

Hear hear..

Ahhh, the good old days...

2002_EVO_VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
First, to JaneiR36 and DSMer: Can you have discussion with out attacking each other? Jeez, its like I am listening to two children fighting over the last cookie.

And now I'll attack you: Bite me!

If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. Either that, or take your own advice: READ what it is we are attacking each other about, say your peace, and move the f*** on.

Thank you.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
And now I'll attack you: Bite me!

If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. Either that, or take your own advice: READ what it is we are attacking each other about, say your peace, and move the f*** on.

Thank you.

Fine, fine attack me if you want but i was calling them as i saw them

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Old 01-17-2005, 11:21 PM   #5
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

High School Drama

I see a lot of Drama here. I haven't been a member very long, but it appears to be a lot of Pre-High School verbal bashing going on amungst the forums that appears childesh and unnecessary. Now I wonder is to how kids come out like this...........Is it the parents?..........How old are we again?.........
Hepatitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatitus
I see a lot of Drama here. I haven't been a member very long, but it appears to be a lot of Pre-High School verbal bashing going on amungst the forums that appears childesh and unnecessary. Now I wonder is to how kids come out like this...........Is it the parents?..........How old are we again?.........

if you don't like it, then leave, nobody's making you stay.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:29 PM   #7
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
if you don't like it, then leave, nobody's making you stay.

Hey, that's not a very warm welcome, coming from somebody up in Washington state. Tell me, are you Canadian?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:37 PM   #8
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Hey, that's not a very warm welcome, coming from somebody up in Washington state. Tell me, are you Canadian?

Nope, 50 jap, 25 irish, 25 scottish. you? But the thing was, you said;
Quote:

Which has no meaning any whatsoever. If would have been a valid point if you gave a way to fix all of this, but all you did was complain, which doesn't make you any better than the flamers. So, that's why i said take it or leave.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:55 PM   #9
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

Woa...Wait a minute, We're going on the wrong foot here...

hey man, I put my 2 cents in to make a point. Which apparently appears like I'm "Captain Obvious" over here, stating that there is immature behavior taking place in the forums. Sorry for being the new guy on the block and JUST NOW learning how things flow here. You know, I too am Irish and Scottish. Not Japanese but I've lived in Japan for 2 years. Now I'm just thinking, If I'm Irish and Scottish and I'm a good guy, and all the Japanese I've met when I lived in Japan were nice, are all Washington State people as rude as you? Talk about improper welcoming, man, I feel just as welcome as the straight guy at a lesbian convention.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:01 AM   #10
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
hey man, I put my 2 cents in to make a point. Which apparently appears like I'm "Captain Obvious" over here, stating that there is immature behavior taking place in the forums. Sorry for being the new guy on the block and JUST NOW learning how things flow here. You know, I too am Irish and Scottish. Not Japanese but I've lived in Japan for 2 years. Now I'm just thinking, If I'm Irish and Scottish and I'm a good guy, and all the Japanese I've met when I lived in Japan were nice, are all Washington State people as rude as you? Talk about improper welcoming, man, I feel just as welcome as the straight guy at a lesbian convention.

yeah, I guess we started off on the wrong foot. Anyway, welcome to the forums, watch out for carexpert, and try to think before you type, or VWhobo will rip you a new one.

Do you seriously think that I represent all Washingtonians?

Yes, we spend half our time bashing on people, but that's us, take it or leave it.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Not to say that you don't have some valid points, but... Why did you join the forum then? Just to have someplace to whine? Wait a minute, let me get you some cheese to go with that.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:05 AM   #12
Hepatitus
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Not to say that you don't have some valid points, but... Why did you join the forum then? Just to have someplace to whine? Wait a minute, let me get you some cheese to go with that.

No, No cheese, I'm leaving right now to get Subway, the Chicken Teriyaki, it's my favorite. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:16 AM   #13
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
No, No cheese, I'm leaving right now to get Subway, the Chicken Teriyaki, it's my favorite. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I used to like the Teriyaki, but now I must go with the Chipotle Southwest Steak, good stuff.

Drama is a very pivital part of this forum. Always has, always will be I suppose.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:19 AM   #14
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I used to like the Teriyaki, but now I must go with the Chipotle Southwest Steak, good stuff.

Drama is a very pivital part of this forum. Always has, always will be I suppose.

Chipotle is good, but I like the local delies better. Got one around here that has a sandwich with 1/2 pound of meat and everyone a different type

Yeah, I guess you are right, but I just had to get it out and off my chest.

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Old 01-18-2005, 12:21 AM   #15
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Yeah, I guess you are right, but I just had to get it out and off my chest.

No prob.

How can you guys like subway? Quiznos is way better!!