Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 AM   #1
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Hey heres my muscle...

I just introduced myself so i figured i would post my car. If you havnt read my post about wut i got under the hood its a 307 V8 2 berrel small block with a newly rebuilt tranny. Its a good little hotrod. defenetly a head turner....but im not sure if its for the right reasons .http://img330.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mycar5ex.jpg
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Not bad !
corbett_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #3
72firebird
Banned

looks like a 69-73 nova. not the best looking car, and not the strongest power plant. but it is a nice car anyways, and it has tons of potential there. looks like a pretty easy project to make it a ground pounder. good job. keep working on it and keep us posted
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:26 PM   #4
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Thanks. The only mods we have done is add a new bumper and grill and take out the air conditioner and plug up the smog pump system.And for the fact that we only payed 400$ for it and where muscle cars are going i thought it was a good buy seeing that the prices are sky high.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
72firebird
Banned

Yea that is a good buy. I got my car for pretty cheap too. not as cheap as yours but 1300 is still cheap for a firebird like mine and it did run when i bought it before i started swapping things in and out
Old 08-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Yeh and plus i know firebirds are worth alot more than a Nova. When we got it the car ran good but the trans was in need of rebuilding because it couldnt shift into high gear. And after a few test drives reverse went out so we got a new tranny and a bumper and grill from our local slavage yard. Its my first car and ive always dreamed of owning a 70s muscle car. The only detail i dont like to share is that it has.......4.........doors.... .
Old 08-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
72firebird
Banned

lol 4 door novas. deffinatly not the best looking car. but either way its a nova. and would be alot easier to shuttle your friends around then having to let a seat forward for them to get in.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #8
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Could always take a cheap way out and shave the handles and weld the doors closed (the back ones) so there no seems lol.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:21 PM   #9
72firebird
Banned

id look cleaner but still have the ugly 4 door look. but shove a 454 in that thing and start taking people out with it. theyll cry in there hondas and whine out "i got beat by a 4 door beater!"
Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #10
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

I think your the 50th person thats told me i should dukes of hazzard my back doors. I would do that if i could get bucket seats for it. Ha i hate import cars. Rice burners must die!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #11
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
I think your the 50th person thats told me i should dukes of hazzard my back doors. I would do that if i could get bucket seats for it. Ha i hate import cars. Rice burners must die!

I was going to respect you for working with a unique classic muscle car until this post.

Just another closed minded redneck. Like we need more closed minded, ignorant fools on this board.

I own classic American cars. I've built serious domestic musclecars. I've put domestic engines into imported cars (from both Japan and Europe). I've built 500-600 hp daily driver big block cars, and plan on building more.

And at the same time I'm an SCCA member, and have owned and raced in road race and autocross many fun Japanese and European cars. Hating on imports shows you to be small minded and unable to see the bigger picture. probably have opinions formed by listening to other ignorant gearheads and by thinking all Import owners are like the FnF ricer clowns.

Why does every teenager find it so important to hate on things that aren't their current favorites? Is it really that hard as an automotive enthusiast to actually appreciate all cars, even if you have favorites that you prefer?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #12
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I was going to respect you for working with a unique classic muscle car until this post.

Just another closed minded redneck. Like we need more closed minded, ignorant fools on this board.

I own classic American cars. I've built serious domestic musclecars. I've put domestic engines into imported cars (from both Japan and Europe). I've built 500-600 hp daily driver big block cars, and plan on building more.

And at the same time I'm an SCCA member, and have owned and raced in road race and autocross many fun Japanese and European cars. Hating on imports shows you to be small minded and unable to see the bigger picture. probably have opinions formed by listening to other ignorant gearheads and by thinking all Import owners are like the FnF ricer clowns.

Why does every teenager find it so important to hate on things that aren't their current favorites? Is it really that hard as an automotive enthusiast to actually appreciate all cars, even if you have favorites that you prefer?

hes only 17. we need to remember kids and young adults arent the most open minded people. there stubborn and well just kids. lets just say they dont know any better and save our breathe and leave it at that.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #13
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
hes only 17. we need to remember kids and young adults arent the most open minded people. there stubborn and well just kids. lets just say they dont know any better and save our breathe and leave it at that.

Saving our breath reinforces that behavior. When I was 17, I had been racing cars in the SCCA for a year, and had already experienced domestic muscle, European sports cars, street rods, and Japanese sport coupes.

He's got a fun car he can work on, but he needs to keep an open mind. And maybe if we catch him now, he can become a well rounded enthusiast and a valuable, knowledgeable member of the automotive community.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #14
72firebird
Banned

yea thats true. itd be nice to save him before c4 drags him all the way into the dark side
Old 08-10-2005, 04:14 AM   #15
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Most of the reasons why i got my opinion on those cars is the fact that they are so over used and i see them EVERYWHERE. I like to be unique and yeh i know that japanese imports are probobly the best cars for uniqueness from the body kits and graphics you can add but i meen cmon all i see today is honda civics that have cheap ass walmart spinners and exhaust attachments that look like $**t. Im not saying my car doesnt, it is a beater. I also dont like them for the induced horse power. Nitro and all that. I like pure muscle. Having a motor thta doesnt need all those Nos systems. I understand that its the new age way to up the power in your cars. But between FnF and FnF2 and all these wannabes on the street, Im frankly sick of it. I only watch FnF for the charger at the end. Its almost like people dont think muscle cars exist and that theyre obsolite. I could take alot of those import cars out there. I could prolly lose to alot of them too. I grew up around asphalt stock car racing and watched my stepdad race in his chevy malibu for around 3 years. He was my influence in becoming a mechanic. I dont hate all import cars. I like the BMWs and the shelby mustangs such as the one from gone in 60 seconds. Im sorry if i offended anyone. There are some acceptions on some import cars. But its like thats all there is. NFSU is a awsome game but all u can get is imports. Like as if there isnt any muscle in the world these days. I understand theyre old but i meen cmon. I accually wanted to go out and buy a decent looking honda or mitsubishi so i could learn all feilds of wut a mechanic needs to know. Sorry for offending anyone. I wont be so cocky anymore. P.S. I might live in a redneck state (oklahoma) but i was born with the yankees (minnesota).

Last edited by sandlercd_22 : 08-10-2005 at 04:17 AM.