Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
~SK~
CF Newbie

question

I have a 2000 Neon...stop laughing for some god forsaken reason I have a hardon for this bitch decked out

Anywho it is a 2.0 SOHC is it worth trying to beef it up, or should I just slap in a CAI, exhaust, and a re-programmer then wait till it dies then slap in the DOHC engine?...now I know you all would say ditch it and get a lighter car, but I like this body style and besides I do not see too many tricked out Neons....but that could be for a reason
Old 01-19-2005, 12:32 AM   #2
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SK~
I have a 2000 Neon...stop laughing for some god forsaken reason I have a hardon for this bitch decked out

Anywho it is a 2.0 SOHC is it worth trying to beef it up, or should I just slap in a CAI, exhaust, and a re-programmer then wait till it dies then slap in the DOHC engine?...now I know you all would say ditch it and get a lighter car, but I like this body style and besides I do not see too many tricked out Neons....but that could be for a reason

I know this guy around my neighborhood in California that has that same car and he has a turbo in it. It sounds hella nice when he give me a ride because he hav a blow off valve on it.
I wouldnt turbo it or do anything to it though because its not worth the money.
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SK~

Haha, Neons are cheap and easy to afford. How many times have you been to an import event and not seen a newer body style trick out? Neons are nice cars, especially the SRT-4.. It depends on the level of tuning you're willing to commit to your car.

If you want to spend a few grand and are expecting to have some sort of dominant american rice rocket. Spare yourself the heartache, either save up for a new SRT-4 or just get another base car.

However if you're a diehard Neon guy, like a few people I know whom have over $15,000 invested in thier neon and run 11-10 second quartermiles. If you're really serious as you say you are skip the fancy bodkit shit. Put an SRT-4 motor in it or the DOHC. Instant powerboost for a few grand. You'll have alot more to work from with a stock turbo motor than your N/A Sohc..

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:44 AM   #4
~SK~
CF Newbie

Right on...some advise I can live with...thanks
Old 01-19-2005, 06:27 AM   #5
chloroform
CF Newbie

i agree with the SRT-4 comment. they make great track cars too. so much more stable than the old neons.
chloroform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:43 AM   #6
~SK~
CF Newbie

Hmmm...I was just looking at the new SRT...and it is sweet, however what I am looking to do is since this car is paid off already is looking to drop a few grand into this one. That way I will have no car payment all this year and nor next year and in the end of 2006 grab me a new Chrysler 300. So for me this would not be a choice to get a new SRT.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #7
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Motor swap
Old 01-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
Motor swap

That's good umm....more info.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #9
Ground Rat
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
skip the fancy bodkit shit

Yeah, don't waste any money on that shit.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #10
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Rat
Yeah, don't waste any money on that shit.

relatavist opinion. Jst cuz you think that it's sht, doesn't mean that he does. Can you give us a reason to believe you? What makes them bad? Honestly, if you get the right one, I think it will make the car look a lot better.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #11
~SK~
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
relatavist opinion. Jst cuz you think that it's sht, doesn't mean that he does. Can you give us a reason to believe you? What makes them bad? Honestly, if you get the right one, I think it will make the car look a lot better.

thank you...my point exactly...regardless if I do a motor swap (which likely I will with a 2.0 DOHC since that sounds more possible and cheapest to get a few more HP) but the body kit and shit is what makes the car standout. But yea it is a preferred choice of the driver, some like the fancy shit others think it looks like shit. Some like blonds some like brunnetts, I like redheads see my point
Old 01-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #12
Martian
CF Newbie

The problem with body kits is that they add a lot of unecessary weight for no real gain. That's fine if you're building the car for looks, but if you're looking for performance it's not really worth it. On top of that, I don't like the look myself but whatever turns your crank.
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote