Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2005, 03:41 AM   #1
wellerj
CF Newbie

93 cavalier power steerin

my 93 cavalier z24 has a leak on the discharge line of the power steering pump. i would like to replace it, but i don't know the wrench sizes to remove the nuts. i have tried metric and us and neither fit correctly. any ideas?
wellerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:56 AM   #2
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
maybe it's that new special size that chevy invented? naw ....it's either metric or standard and it's probably either rusty or stripped already, get a flare nut wrench of the proper size and try that, or b4 it's completly round, cut the old line off close to the nut and put a 6 point socket on it or.... when it's completly round get a good set of "VISE GRIPS" and i say vise grips cuz no one makes vise grips like...VISE GRIPS, not craftsmen shit either, and just rip that baby outa there...righty tighty lefty loosey
Old 03-31-2005, 04:00 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
maybe it's that new special size that chevy invented? naw ....it's either metric or standard and it's probably either rusty or stripped already, get a flare nut wrench of the proper size and try that, or b4 it's completly round, cut the old line off close to the nut and put a 6 point socket on it or.... when it's completly round get a good set of "VISE GRIPS" and i say vise grips cuz no one makes vise grips like...VISE GRIPS, not craftsmen shit either, and just rip that baby outa there...righty tighty lefty loosey
Or... take the new line you're going to install and see what size wrench fits IT. 99% of the time they're going to be the same.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:08 AM   #4
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellerj
my 93 cavalier z24 has a leak on the discharge line of the power steering pump. i would like to replace it, but i don't know the wrench sizes to remove the nuts. i have tried metric and us and neither fit correctly. any ideas?
do you have a complete set of metric 15 16 18 20 included lots of cheaper set's don't

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
rangeviper
CF Newbie

I'm sure I'm too late with this post, but you may be able to get it done right, and for free.
My 96 cavalier had a voluntary recall done on it for an issue with the power steering, but I can't seem to find the letter that showed which years were included. It may have been when they went to the new body in 95, but you might want to check with GM.
I think the recall campaign is 02008. (that's the right number, just don't remember if it's for the power steering or the ignitions switch recall)
rangeviper is offline   Reply With Quote