Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #31
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Nope...I don't agree. Just the Jettas. and a close second is the new Beetle...as somone already mentioned a few posts up from this. LOL.

But in no way is this to stand as a blanket statement...it's just my POV.

IOW...don't quote me on this as gospel truth.
Yep, the Jetta and New Beetle are the only two chick cars from VW. I mean, how many guys want a fake flower in the cupholder of their Beetle? The Beetle was cool a long time ago, but ever since 1998, it has been for gals.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #32
Dethgear
CF Newbie

Thumbs down

I totally agree that both the VW New Beetle and Jetta are chick cars. Almost as much as an Eclipse or and Elantra. Even the Tiburon. Well. When I see one drive by me I have to look to see who is driving. Of course I live in the five college area of New England so 80% of the time it's a cute girl driving. Now judging by this I have no idea how the car performs or if they have any idea how to tune. But it's a big nasty assumption for us to take the liberty to describe these cars as chick cars. For me you'd probably never catch me dead in one. Just for the fact I don't want strange guys driving 69 camaro's and 73 mustangs to check me out only to find out I'm not what they expected. Kinda like picking up a tranny in a bar.

P.S. Lay on heavy sarcasm throughout post.
Dethgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #33
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethgear
I totally agree that both the VW New Beetle and Jetta are chick cars. Almost as much as an Eclipse or and Elantra. Even the Tiburon. Well. When I see one drive by me I have to look to see who is driving. Of course I live in the five college area of New England so 80% of the time it's a cute girl driving. Now judging by this I have no idea how the car performs or if they have any idea how to tune. But it's a big nasty assumption for us to take the liberty to describe these cars as chick cars. For me you'd probably never catch me dead in one. Just for the fact I don't want strange guys driving 69 camaro's and 73 mustangs to check me out only to find out I'm not what they expected. Kinda like picking up a tranny in a bar.

P.S. Lay on heavy sarcasm throughout post.

I hope you're talking about the kind of "tranny" that has gears. Don't know what you New England boys are up to but where I live that type of thing rarley happens.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:26 AM   #34
buzzardsbrew
CF Newbie

Quote:
Here are some that I think...I will rate how bad it is on the side...the chick factor:
Camaro V6 (severe)
Mustang V6 (severe)
Beetle New...non turbo (severe)
Prelude New (moderate)
240SX (mild/moderate)
Jeep Wrangler(moderate)
Subaru Outback (moderate)
Jetta (moderate)
Sebring (moderate)
Cabrio (severe)
Saab 900 (moderate/severe)
Miata...hit or miss b/c it's a great autoX car (mild/severe)

Some chick car.
buzzardsbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:56 AM   #35
Scionguy
CF Newbie

Lightbulb

what about the cavilier and the sunfire the eclipse?
Scionguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:07 AM   #36
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
i could have been fed a load of BS , but from what i heard(take it with a grain of salt) that Saturn(and maybe not the new stuff) actually directs its marketing toward young single mothers on low budget incomes, so i would say Saturns are chick cars, just cuz of affordability and payment plans, other than that, my opinion doesn't matter
Old 02-24-2005, 05:48 AM   #37
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

I actually read an article in the wheels section of my local newspaper that said the PT cruiser and New Beetle are actually made for, and marketted towards women.

So they count as chick cars.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #38
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Roller
Also all I gave was an opinion. Finally I am always willing to learn new things, but don't think there is a need for ridicule each and every step of the way.

There is if what you're doing is being insulting. Apparently you feel there's a need to be insulting about people's cars (incluing mine) but you are above being called out on being insulting. i.e it's ok if you do the insulting and belittling to others, but if they do it back to you in return, you turn into a whiny bitch about merely expressing an opinion.

The moment you chose to open your mouth and be insulting, you lost the right to say no one can ridicule you in return.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:10 PM   #39
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
I actually read an article in the wheels section of my local newspaper that said the PT cruiser and New Beetle are actually made for, and marketted towards women.

So they count as chick cars.

Wel, teh new Beetle was designed by J Mays and Freeman Thomas as a modern interpretation of teh Cal Look Bugs runing around their design shop in California, and was presented to teh world as show car to get opinion. Millions of VW enthusiasts like myself wrote in and told them to build it, and tens of thousands of custom versions have been built. They were not "made" for women. And ALL mass produced cars are marketed towards both mena nd women (wmen make up nearly 50% of the buying public, you'd be stupid NOT to market toward womein regardless of car). So yes, you will see ads in women's publications marketing all sorts of castrs, fromBeetles to BMWs, and even Porsches.

Does that mean ALL cars are chick cars?

Please. Cars are cars. "Chick cars" are individual cars actually owned by women, not whole lines in which some are owned by women.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 02-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #40
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Wasn't the PT cruiser deseigned by a woman, I remember reading that somewhere (perhaps the same article). But hell I don't know that much about who desiegned what so I could be wrong.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:44 AM   #41
vortec
CF Newbie

Here's my thought..observation

Now this is a post worthy of a response.

Last Saturday I spotted an Amish buggy on it's way to the farm market...with a box of, well..............baby chicks.
vortec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:05 AM   #42
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

aha...very punny.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #43
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortec

Last Saturday I spotted an Amish buggy on it's way to the farm market...with a box of, well..............baby chicks.

are you sure they werent going to like, an Amish McDonalds? Might have had to bring there own chickens for the nuggets.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #44
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Wasn't the PT cruiser deseigned by a woman, I remember reading that somewhere (perhaps the same article). But hell I don't know that much about who desiegned what so I could be wrong.

The PT was designed by Brian Nesbitt, under the guidance of Tom Gale (head of Chrysler design at the time). Tom Gale was a street rodder, and gave some direction to those under him about the design (just like the Prowler, which was a stylized version of Tom's own '34 Ford street rod)

But you could have found the designer's name with 20 seconds of typing into Google...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...uiser+designer

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #45
Import-tuner
CF Enthusiast

the new convertible MR2 is a chick car, atleast i think it is.
Import-tuner is offline   Reply With Quote