Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #46
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

I think that girls would really like Cobras, but they probably cant afford them.
(sorry girls)
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:33 AM   #47
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Wel, teh new Beetle was designed by J Mays and Freeman Thomas as a modern interpretation of teh Cal Look Bugs runing around their design shop in California, and was presented to teh world as show car to get opinion. Millions of VW enthusiasts like myself wrote in and told them to build it, and tens of thousands of custom versions have been built. They were not "made" for women. And ALL mass produced cars are marketed towards both mena nd women (wmen make up nearly 50% of the buying public, you'd be stupid NOT to market toward womein regardless of car). So yes, you will see ads in women's publications marketing all sorts of castrs, fromBeetles to BMWs, and even Porsches.

Does that mean ALL cars are chick cars?

Please. Cars are cars. "Chick cars" are individual cars actually owned by women, not whole lines in which some are owned by women.

Don't you just hate old men that think they know everything... yes you may have "25+ years" of experience, so what... learn to listen to the new generation...

lastly, from the looks of it, your the only one in this forum bitching about how their are no "chick cars"... you've said your point more than once, people don't seem to be agreeing with you, so just give it a break and go give your opinions on some other post... please

Last edited by mirot : 03-10-2005 at 01:49 AM.
mirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:37 AM   #48
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
Don't you just hate old men that think they know everything... yes you may have "25+ years" of experience, so what... learn to lesson to the new generation...

Learn to Lesson?

Age appropriate!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:40 AM   #49
DodgeRida67
Banned

Chick cars are cars that are dominately liked by "chicks."
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:28 AM   #50
boothe
CF Addict

Quote:
Yep, the Jetta and New Beetle are the only two chick cars from VW. I mean, how many guys want a fake flower in the cupholder of their Beetle? The Beetle was cool a long time ago, but ever since 1998, it has been for gals.

That fake flower was the first thing that popped into my head. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it and then I knew that the Beetle was a goner. Enjoy em gals.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:03 AM   #51
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

wait...ChrisV is just trying to make us a little more openminded about driving cars that are usually thought of as chick cars, Not put us in our place as young idiots.

And ChrisV, we are not saying that ONLY chicks can drive or like these cars, we are just saying that certain cars are liked by women more than men, And that sometimes, its rare to see a man that actually does like these cars, but not unheard of.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #52
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
wait...ChrisV is just trying to make us a little more openminded about driving cars that are usually thought of as chick cars, Not put us in our place as young idiots.

And ChrisV, we are not saying that ONLY chicks can drive or like these cars, we are just saying that certain cars are liked by women more than men, And that sometimes, its rare to see a man that actually does like these cars, but not unheard of.

Old 03-10-2005, 11:11 PM   #53
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

Yeah, riiight. That's what people mean.

Sorry, NEVER saw anyone mean that when discussing them. Look at the guy talking about the flower vase and the Beetle being a "goner" because of it. he doesn't even ahve a clue as to why it's there, but he wants to insult the car because of it. And I'll bet he want's to have the right to insult the car, but won't let anyoine have the right to insult him in return.

Sorry, that people hate actually having to open their minds and not be narrowminded, insulting, and/or bigoted haters! Sorry that I'm trying to get people to actually think about something before opening their mouths rather than be immature litlle assclowns. Why is it so much more important to be allowed to make retarded comments about cars and their owners than actually open your minds and learn something? Why can YOU guys say anything retarded that comes into your heads about cars and their owners, but you can't deal with someone commenting on you in return???? You hate having someone with experience tell you you're wrong, Mirot? Then f*cking LEARN something and you won't be TOLD you're f*cking wrong!

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #54
GirlieGurl
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya
I think that girls would really like Cobras, but they probably cant afford them.
(sorry girls)

Not yet anyway...

'95 Contour GL
-- SVT dual exhaust, SVT rims,
-- Coming soon CTA intake w/no mufflers.
-- She's not fast, but my next car will be.
GirlieGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #55
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, riiight. That's what people mean.

Sorry, NEVER saw anyone mean that when discussing them. Look at the guy talking about the flower vase and the Beetle being a "goner" because of it. he doesn't even ahve a clue as to why it's there, but he wants to insult the car because of it. And I'll bet he want's to have the right to insult the car, but won't let anyoine have the right to insult him in return.

Sorry, that people hate actually having to open their minds and not be narrowminded, insulting, and/or bigoted haters! Sorry that I'm trying to get people to actually think about something before opening their mouths rather than be immature litlle assclowns. Why is it so much more important to be allowed to make retarded comments about cars and their owners than actually open your minds and learn something? Why can YOU guys say anything retarded that comes into your heads about cars and their owners, but you can't deal with someone commenting on you in return???? You hate having someone with experience tell you you're wrong, Mirot? Then f*cking LEARN something and you won't be TOLD you're f*cking wrong!

Two questions...

1: I was I ever corrected by you in this forum... (no)
2: Aren't you a little old and *wise* to be swearing at and hating people that don't necessarily agree with you? (yes)

All I'm saying is relax. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions, and yes you can try to try to dispute them, and try to teach them, but swearing, and getting all heated up will definetly not help.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:16 AM   #56
boothe
CF Addict

Quote:

Well, that was kind of an insult, I took it, and I don't mind that you said that. I was speaking from an ascetic sense. I do not like the look of the new beetles. My friends mother has one, she loves it. I have driven in it and was somewhat impressed by its ingenuity. But I believe that the aesthetics of the car, per my example, has been turned towards a more female audience. Didn't mean to insult.

I am curious to what you mean by "Doesn't understand why its there"?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:10 AM   #57
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

I think the vase is a throwbak/allusion to the flower power generation of the first beetle, not something made to attract women.

ChrisV, I agree with you, and I definitely don't want to piss off one of the last remaining intelligent members into quitting the board. But your just taking it a little too far by saying all cars are designed for men and women, We know that. What we are saying is that some cars are more attractive to women. Thats all.

But I agree with you that men should give these cars a chance, not just shun them because they are "only" for chicks.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #58
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Whats so bad about a "chick car" in the first place? Are we such sexist pigs that cars marketed towards women automaticly have to be dainty and feminen? Can't some women be just as hardcore car entuisiast as some men and cars marketed towards them be just as powerful, handle just as well, and accelerate just as fast as any other normal car?

I'd really hate to break it to you guys but the female gender makes up over 50% of all car sales. So car companys market their cars towards the majority of the people that buy them.... women. So in essense most cars are "chick cars" for the simple fact they are marketed to appeal to most women. That includes your sports cars as well. My mother bought a 98 Corvette and shes not really an automotive woman. She liked the sexy sleek styling, the leather interior, and performance of the car.

I'd hate to tell you but those same Mazda RX-7/8's, Toyota Supras/Celicas, Ford Mustangs/Thunderbird, Chevy Camaros/Corvettes, Mercedes's SL's/SLK's/E's/S's, BMW M3's/M5's, Pontiac GTO's/G6's, VW Jettas/GTi's, Audi RS6's/S4's, Acura RSX's/TSX's/NSX's/Integra's, Honda Civics Si's/Accord's, Nissan 350z's/Maximas'/240SX's/Altima's/Sentra's, Mitsubishi Eclipse's/Evo's, Subauru WRX's/Legacy's, Lamborghini's, Jaguar's, Aston Martin's, Maserati's, Lotus', Bently's, and Ferrari's are all bought by women and marketed towards them. All those cars you consider manly and that you think make you masculine are driven by women all over the world. ESPECIALLY SUV's.

ChrisV is merely trying to open some of you guys eyes. Look arround, alot of things are marketed towards women. In essence they're all girl cars; so why discriminate with meaningless bullshit labels? Labeling something a girl car is just as idiotic as saying all people of a certain race like Ford cars so all Ford cars are that particular races cars... Grow up, looks arround, and open those eyes.... cuz some of you boys have been hiding behind mothers teet a tad bit too long. Its time for a dose of reality....

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #59
boothe
CF Addict

Quote:
I think the vase is a throwbak/allusion to the flower power generation of the first beetle, not something made to attract women.

Ahh I see what you mean. Well, I am young and dumb at times. So I appreciate the clarification.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #60
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlieGurl
Not yet anyway...

Hopefully never. Fast cars should be left up to the guys!

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote