Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
ChrisD_115
CF Newbie

Question HELP! Malibu or Camry:

Iím about to purchase my first new car in many years. Iíve driven all the sedans and Iíve narrowed it down to the Chevrolet Malibu or the Toyota Camry. I donít want to make a bad choice, so I thought the best thing to do would be to ask here because everyone seems to provide good advice. Both cars seem to have everything Iím looking for. Therefore, I just want to get the best car of the two Ė Iím not that concerned if one of them costs a little more than the other. I need to make a decision soon, so I look forward to hearing everyoneís opinion about these two models. Thank youÖ
ChrisD_115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
Diomedes
CF Newbie

If you're looking for a car that will not faill you, will start in the cold will not kill you on gas mileage and is known to be one of the most reliable yet fun cars to drive. (Do I sound like a toyota commercial?)

Go with the camry.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:43 AM   #3
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Agreed. The Camry will most likely serve you longer and with lower maitenance costs. The Toyota Camry and Honda Accord have both been known for their few problems and amazing reliability, where as the Malibu's tend not to last as long. However, to me the Camry is a little bland, I'd go with an Accord, but since it's not on the menu, the Camry should be your choice.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:30 AM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD_115
Iím about to purchase my first new car in many years. Iíve driven all the sedans and Iíve narrowed it down to the Chevrolet Malibu or the Toyota Camry. I donít want to make a bad choice, so I thought the best thing to do would be to ask here because everyone seems to provide good advice. Both cars seem to have everything Iím looking for. Therefore, I just want to get the best car of the two Ė Iím not that concerned if one of them costs a little more than the other. I need to make a decision soon, so I look forward to hearing everyoneís opinion about these two models. Thank youÖ

Camry is better in just about every dimension I can imagine. But I'd still get an Accord over it, as moostang suggested.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:55 AM   #5
ChrisD_115
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Camry is better in just about every dimension I can imagine. But I'd still get an Accord over it, as moostang suggested.

LOL. Here I finally get it narrowed down to 2 and you guys throw a 3rd into the mix. No Malibu recommendations? Hmmm..
ChrisD_115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:40 AM   #6
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
LOL. Here I finally get it narrowed down to 2 and you guys throw a 3rd into the mix. No Malibu recommendations? Hmmm..
Go with a 1970-71 Malibu. You just can't beat a camry, they have earned their reputation. KEEPS my brother employed too. BUY CAMRY.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:05 PM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

That's because msot of us are big car enthusists..and frankly, the Camry is just boring.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:33 PM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Camry for sure. I have one it is great! Just cant compete with it in my opinion for all around family car goodness!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 PM   #9
JaneiR36
CF Freak

OMG!! Camry, of course.

I drive a Camry and almost got run over the last time I rented a Malibu. I tried to change lanes with little clearance like I frenquently do with the Camry. The Camry of course has enough power to pull you through to safety almost immediately but the next thing I know a big ass truck is honking it's horn behind me!! OMG. Too bad I'm probably about to rent a Chevy (Aveo) again, there's a reason they tend to be the cheapest in the rental agencies

I wouldn't get an Accord over a Camry. The steering is too stiff and my Camry has endured much more abuse than my Mother's Accord when it comes to functionality. However, little thingies here and there like radio antenna, CD player, and a couple non-essential mechanical parts might tend to break down more easily on the Camry.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote