Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #46
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebro6510
Hey Short. So far you have the right idea. Go to as many forums as you can. The more non-idiots you talk to the better. Since money is not an object you need to decide what kind of system you want. To me it sounds like you're looking for a system that will not only sound bad a$$, but will turn some heads and piss off the neighbors. There are alot of car audio companys out there. I would suggest Eclipse (by Fujitsu Ten) or you could go with JL, Kicker, Alpine, Audiobahn.... DO NOT get sony, pioneer, or kenwood For what you want to do it would just be a waste of money. You want to make sure your amps have class "D" circuitry.... gosh, if you're serious about this e-mail me, otherwise id be here all night. Put some thought into it.

OR

I have an even better idea. He could enlist the help of audio professionals at a professional audio shop INSTEAD of listening to said idiot on an internet forum such as yourself. I think that solution works alot better than taking you're advice about what to get and what not to. For all you know, he could have no idea was a class D amp is. For all I know, you could have no clue either... Either way it goes, if he was serious about spending that much money (Wich I can assure you he is'nt) he'd allready be on his way to "X" audio shop to get the help his thousands of dollars are warrented...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:03 AM   #47
Accord_Man
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
NO!!!!! Audiopawn makes shitty stuff. They arent called chrome turds in the audio world for nothing. What's your budget for subs and i'll point you in the right direction.

Are we talkin about the same stuff. I said audiobahn, you said audiopawn.

just wondering
Accord_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:25 AM   #48
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_Man
Are we talkin about the same stuff. I said audiobahn, you said audiopawn.

just wondering

Yes, same junk from the same company. They've earned that name, cheap shit they slap chrome on, overrate it doubly and then charge triple what it's actually worth.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:33 PM   #49
RedEclipse
CF Newbie

Im new at the whole car audio thing, but a friend of mine gave me a 12" infinity, and i wanted to know if it was worth trying to get it fixed somewhere. And if so where should i go to get it fixed? My friend said he has no idea why it doesnt work.
RedEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:16 AM   #50
Accord_Man
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebro6510
you better be ready to lay down some serious cash if you want to push two 2,000 watt speakers. If you want cheap go to Ebay (of course).

yeah, I knew the amps would cost a lot, but I've changed my mind.

I'm getting the 15 in. Digital Designs 3500s that thunderbird helped me out with.

The Hifonics amps aren't that bad when it comes to price.
Accord_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:37 AM   #51
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

Hey thundurbird you told me to get a Volfenhag 12 aluminum. After consulting my dads brothers co-worker (owns a chain of car audio stores) he said Volfenhag was excenllent, i just got mine in yesterday. SO thats where i begin... I only have thatn 1 12 and im gonna get my obcon enclosure soon (any specific model u recommend). Now the amp, you said get a HiFonics, so if i only have that 1 12 and my replaced stock speakers in the front door and rear deck which amp should i get, if possible any model you recommend, (in total there are 4 replaced speakers plus the sub)
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:39 PM   #52
DTMBaller
CF Newbie

Go Alpine Hu, Jl subs and amps, and mb quards mid range. monster cable for your wireing.

and do the research for yourself. dont go to a shop and ask for their help and expect them to be honest. i have worked in audio retail (i was in home audio) the best to them is what pays the best commission. do the research. then go around to the different retailers. talk to them. after you do your research you will know who is fulll of shit. find out any more info you can. then decide on your purchase. if you have a friend that knows car audio then have them help. the worst thing you could do though is flash a wad of cash at a retailer and expect them to "hook u up" cause all they are going to do is hook u up with "their" most expensive shit. dont go to fry's. all their stuff is mid range. good guys caries mb, jl and alpine. alpine is arguably the best hu manufacturer. as far as sound is concerned. speakers i havnt found a company yet that get as solid reviews. every seems to have a different opinion.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever"

Last edited by DTMBaller : 03-23-2005 at 06:46 PM.
DTMBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #53
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
Hey thundurbird you told me to get a Volfenhag 12 aluminum. After consulting my dads brothers co-worker (owns a chain of car audio stores) he said Volfenhag was excenllent, i just got mine in yesterday. SO thats where i begin... I only have thatn 1 12 and im gonna get my obcon enclosure soon (any specific model u recommend). Now the amp, you said get a HiFonics, so if i only have that 1 12 and my replaced stock speakers in the front door and rear deck which amp should i get, if possible any model you recommend, (in total there are 4 replaced speakers plus the sub)

Box - http://www.cardomain.com/item/OBCGZ31812 Would work good with it. High quality box (3/4" MDF) and it's on sale right now ($69).

Amp - Hifonics BX1000D would work perfect with a single 12" DVC Volfenhag (wire it to a 2-ohm load from the Dual 4-ohm VC's to get 500rms).
www.onlinecarstereo.com has it for $239
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=13120

Have fun.

~Blow your mind~

Old 03-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #54
RobbieC
CF Newbie

Question Installing New Components

I know you take the two wire leads from the HU and wire them to the input part of your x-over then wire one set of wires to your tweeter and one set to your woofer from the ouput side of your x-over. I have a 98 accord with 6 factory speakers. I was wondering whether the factory sytem has a crossover (so it would be two wire leads), or whether the wiring harness has additional speaker wires for the tweeters, or if the wires double some were to accomidate the tweets. Any help would be much appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by RobbieC : 03-25-2005 at 11:21 AM.
RobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #55
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Box - http://www.cardomain.com/item/OBCGZ31812 Would work good with it. High quality box (3/4" MDF) and it's on sale right now ($69).

Amp - Hifonics BX1000D would work perfect with a single 12" DVC Volfenhag (wire it to a 2-ohm load from the Dual 4-ohm VC's to get 500rms).
www.onlinecarstereo.com has it for $239
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=13120

Have fun.

You can get better deals on eBay for amps/subs than from any company. You can get the Hifonics BX1205D for about $225, that's where I'd suggest buying your stuff.

thunderbird1100, I'm interested in Volfenhag stuff, I'm bored of my Kickers, right about now, I wanna jab a fork through them right about now. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money at the moment, for I'm painting my car by the end of this month. I know I can get two 12'' Volfs for about $80 + shipping (gives you an idea of what I'm willing to spend right at the moment), I just don't know anything about the company. Could you lead me in the direction of which of their subs are the best quality, bass isn't an issue to me, I'd rather quality over bass anyday. Or a different company even? Quality > Bass
Old 03-28-2005, 04:14 AM   #56
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GrandPrixSE
You can get better deals on eBay for amps/subs than from any company. You can get the Hifonics BX1205D for about $225, that's where I'd suggest buying your stuff.

thunderbird1100, I'm interested in Volfenhag stuff, I'm bored of my Kickers, right about now, I wanna jab a fork through them right about now. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money at the moment, for I'm painting my car by the end of this month. I know I can get two 12'' Volfs for about $80 + shipping (gives you an idea of what I'm willing to spend right at the moment), I just don't know anything about the company. Could you lead me in the direction of which of their subs are the best quality, bass isn't an issue to me, I'd rather quality over bass anyday. Or a different company even? Quality > Bass

I never liked Ebay and you can find audio stuff at onlinecarstereo.com or ikesound.com for just as cheap. Plus you know you WILL get great customer service and have at least a 1 year warrenty buying from those places (on top of knowing you wont get scamed).

Volfenhag is a VERY known company in Europe (German brand, known as 'The German Concept'). They arent very known here in the states which is kind of cool to me since that makes them sort of 'sleeper' subwoofers. An interesting fact is that a company called Performance Tekniques makes the same exact woofer as the Volfenhag DVC red aluminum. These are more SQ woofers than SPL which is just up your alley. The woofers in particular I'm speaking of are these...

http://www.volfenhagaudio.com/subwoofer_hp.html

You can get the 12" at ikesound.com for only $49. I recommend running a Hifonics BX1000D or that newer BX1205D to them (1ohm load).

~Blow your mind~

Old 05-24-2005, 01:11 AM   #57
johnk2k
CF Newbie

wow

u all are so stupid. you think that you have the best but you dont. Wait till you start getting the big stuff like me. I have 4 solo x12 with 8 amps.2000w appeice. The system all together is 16,000 watts. None of you no anything. you all think you have 150. db but you dont because all your stuff is shit. and its all probably bought from best buy.
you all are so stupid.
johnk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:02 AM   #58
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk2k
u all are so stupid. you think that you have the best but you dont. Wait till you start getting the big stuff like me. I have 4 solo x12 with 8 amps.2000w appeice. The system all together is 16,000 watts. None of you no anything. you all think you have 150. db but you dont because all your stuff is shit. and its all probably bought from best buy.
you all are so stupid.

Yes, they sell Orion, Digital Designs and Diamond Audio at Best Buy....HAH

Metered the DD's at 151-153dB's on the dash several times.

Although I'm pretty sure you're lying...

A. Because you cant spell worth a 3rd grader
&
B. Because you put general stuff down like '2000 watt amp' when any self respecting audio nut who owns a supposed $4k worth of Subs alone would say WHICH amp and list it as RMS.

But if you made the plunge in buying those worthless subs have fun replacing the cones every 3-6 months.

~Blow your mind~

Old 05-24-2005, 03:20 PM   #59
johnk2k
CF Newbie

i hit 250 db and i is true u ****en idiots. i will kill u all with my subs
johnk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:22 PM   #60
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk2k
i hit 250 db and i is true u ****en idiots. i will kill u all with my subs
And now is when you leave these forums since now you have zero credibility.

~Blow your mind~