Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2003, 05:09 AM   #1
Infiniti
CF Newbie

"Tinting" and other light questions

Recently there have been a lot of cars with dark lights (the cover I mean) which look like the lights were tinted. I was wondering, do you buy the lights already specially colored like that or do you have your current ones tinted?

I want lights like that for my Infiniti G20 but I doubt there are custom lights for it. I also wanted to know, because I've seen a Yukon with Escalade tail lights (or something like that), if there are people that could do custom lights on my car as well? I dont want them to look like another car's lights, I just want something like the Altezza's (sorry if spelling is off).
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 11:15 PM   #2
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Proper light conversions i.e. having genuine Lexus IS 200 (What's with the "Toyota Altezza" on "GT3"?) rear cluster lights built into the back of an Infiniti G20 cost shit loads of cash! The mechanics don't have their work cut out for them like they would if someone were lazy enough to pay them to swap the original rear cluster lights for ‘Altezza style’ rear cluster lights. I don’t think there’d be much in it though as far as the cost of the lights themselves. You can buy replacement, tinted lights but it makes a lot more sense and saves a lot more money if you just buy some tinting spray. That is unless you do a bad job at tinting the originals yourself.

Foot note Lights without reflectors are probably illegal in America just like in England.

EDIT I typed "they'd" instead of "there'd" roll
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:01 AM   #3
Infiniti
CF Newbie

I've seen a lot of the tinting spray stuff but that stuff doesn't always look that good. I don't think there are any Altezza lights for the 92 G20.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:23 AM   #4
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Do you mean like light blackouts? (Little covers that fit over the lights that make them appear black?)

Sorry, I forget what they are actually called.
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:49 AM   #5
fujipix

I believe widowmaker2k is on the right track. They're plastic covers that simply go over your lights to black them out or tint them. Pretty cheap and easy solution to your problem, if that is what you're looking for.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:56 AM   #6
Infiniti
CF Newbie

Yeah that would be cool, I would need to find one that fits my car though. As a great alternative however, I've found a place that "smokes" your lights.