Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which one would you rather have ?
2005 Honda Accord EX v-6 7 46.67%
2005 Subaru WRX Sedan 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2005, 05:18 AM   #1
shr0olvl
CF Newbie

05' Honda Accord EX V-6 or 05' Subaru WRX Sedan

I've asked many people this question and it seems to be 50/50 so i decided to ask what you guys think.

They both have about the same performance wise stock such as 0-60 and 1/4 miles times and cost about the same.

Things to consider, insurance which is outrageous on the wrx, interior which is really nice and comfortable in the honda, the navigation system the accord comes with, how the car looks, the realiability, and the aftermarket parts of each car. There are probably other things to consider but i cant think of them right now.

oh yea, and you might want to consider that the accord is FWD while the WRX is AWD, but you might not need the AWD in some states, so consider that too !

When choosing, post why you chose what you did.

Last edited by shr0olvl : 02-01-2005 at 05:22 AM.
shr0olvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
mirot
CF Enthusiast

i also am having a debate between these two cars and some others... the wrx is somewhat faster, i think the 0-60 of the wrx is somehting like in the mid 5 second range while the accord is 6.1 seconds? what the accord offers is great comfort, excellent reliability, and leather seats and nav system.. incomparable to the wrx.. but the young "wild" side in me says i wanna have fun on the road, so right now im thinking on the wrx...
mirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:56 PM   #3
RusMan
CF Enthusiast

It all depends what you want, like you said Accord will be more comfortable and luxurious ride, and it's not a great car to modify since it's big heavy and its just not a sports sedan. WRX is a sports sedan with a stock turbocharged engine, which is easy to modify, and AWD + good suspension give the car very good handling, so get WRX if you want to modify it and be fast, if you want luxury get an Accord.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

WRX baby. It is much sportier, quicker, better roadholding (awd), etc.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #5
D4NDO
Banned

both of them are fairly rubush. my dad undertook a new v6 accord in his M3 and the dude in the accord thought he could do the same 2 my dad but he was very wrong and he tried to keep up but the M3 absolutly wasted the accord. but the M3 isnt on the voting so i will hav to go for the accord because it looks the nicest
D4NDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4NDO
both of them are fairly rubush. my dad undertook a new v6 accord in his M3 and the dude in the accord thought he could do the same 2 my dad but he was very wrong and he tried to keep up but the M3 absolutly wasted the accord. but the M3 isnt on the voting so i will hav to go for the accord because it looks the nicest
You are a dumbshit. The M3 is a 50k sport coupe, what are these cars? 25-30K FAMILY CARS!

Old 02-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
D4NDO
Banned

that wasnt the point of the story, the point was that the accord was crap
Old 02-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #8
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Once again the Honda was out of the league of the M3. The M3 is for insanely quick and fast driving, the Honda is for a slightly faster family car feel. THINK. TYPE. SUBMIT.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #9
D4NDO
Banned

also what about the impreza WRX STi thats a fast 'family' car which would probably give the M3 an run for its money
Old 02-01-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4NDO
also what about the impreza WRX STi thats a fast 'family' car which would probably give the M3 an run for its money

wrong. the WRX is a rally-oriented car. M3 is a GT. doesn't look like they're in the same league.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:31 PM   #11
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Yes, but it isnt being offered, is it? No. The STi is based at 30k, usually like 33k, and the WRX is like 25k, so this is probly about prices. The STi would give the M3 a run for its money. But they are still in different league. The M3 has 2 doors, and the STi has 4.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #12
D4NDO
Banned

if you'd looked at the 0-62 times then you would find that the scooby would waste the M3, so it is a better car for less money, but i would rather be driving around in a M3 than a crappy little Impreza
Old 02-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #13
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

We the STi would beat it, but we arent talking about the STi are we? No.
What do you mean by crappy? It has 33 fewer hp and still beats an M3. How is that crappy? I think you just dont know shit about cars.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #14
D4NDO
Banned

if you say so but it is a far nicer car than any scooby plus it only real reason why it can beat the M3 in 0-60 time is because of its huge turbo and its a great achivement that the M3 can beat it even though most of its power comes from a turbo. what i mean by a crappy is it has uncomfortable bucket seats, its centre of gravity is to high, it rolls to much, the interior of the car is somthing out of a toy shop with all the plastic on the dashboard.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:31 PM   #15
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Let us think about this:
STi has better reliability, better 0-60, has 4 doors, AWD, is a family car (on some levels), is 20k cheaper and you still say that it is a crappy car? Are you nuts?!! The BMW does have a better interior, but who cares? It has leather, that comes with the price. You say that the STi is crappy because it has plastic on the inside. ALL CARS HAVE PLASTIC IN THE INTERIOR! How can I get this into your pea-sized brain: stop trying to spread crap about the STi being crappy! It isnt! If a person could buy a car that out does a M3 and is 20k cheaper and is much more versital, which would he buy?

THINK. TYPE. SUBMIT.

StiMan