Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which one would you rather have ?
2005 Honda Accord EX v-6 7 46.67%
2005 Subaru WRX Sedan 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #16
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4NDO
if you say so but it is a far nicer car than any scooby plus it only real reason why it can beat the M3 in 0-60 time is because of its huge turbo and its a great achivement that the M3 can beat it even though most of its power comes from a turbo. what i mean by a crappy is it has uncomfortable bucket seats, its centre of gravity is to high, it rolls to much, the interior of the car is somthing out of a toy shop with all the plastic on the dashboard.

Wow, you're a tard

The reason why the WRX STi smokes the M3 in 0-60 is because it's AWD!!! AWD cars have extremely fast 0-60's because they can launch at nearly any rpm and get traction. A regular WRX (only 227hp) might even leave a Mustang Cobra (390+hp) in the dust in 0-60 because of AWD...not because of it's 'massive' turbo...(which btw is really just a tiny turbo).

The STi is a Rally derived car that Subaru purposely set soft shock rates for, for the public... It's center of gravity is high? Yet...It outhandles most every car on the market, less some top top top sports cars (like the C5/C6 and EVO) and still does it with a soft shock rate and 225mm width tires. All cars have plastic on the inside, some companies just dress it up more than others (BMW/MB/Audi/Acura).

How did we even get to comparing a STi to an M3?
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~


Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 02-02-2005 at 09:33 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #17
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by shr0olvl
I've asked many people this question and it seems to be 50/50 so i decided to ask what you guys think.

They both have about the same performance wise stock such as 0-60 and 1/4 miles times and cost about the same.

Things to consider, insurance which is outrageous on the wrx, interior which is really nice and comfortable in the honda, the navigation system the accord comes with, how the car looks, the realiability, and the aftermarket parts of each car. There are probably other things to consider but i cant think of them right now.

oh yea, and you might want to consider that the accord is FWD while the WRX is AWD, but you might not need the AWD in some states, so consider that too !

When choosing, post why you chose what you did.

It's what you want, both cars are top notch in their respective categories. The Accord handles very well and has tons of power (for a family car), but the WRX has that too. The Accord will be a lot more refined and have better quality all around, but if you like the feel of feedback from the road then go with the WRX. Both cars actually have very very similar handling and 1/4 mile numbers (The Accord V6 6spd coupe will do the 1/4 in the mid 14s as does the WRX...the automatic sedan v6 will do it in high 14s).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 AM   #18
tbardsle
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
This sounds like pointless conversation but I'll join in.

Dunno what its like in the US now but in the UK M3's are driven by footballers and city boys, badly and arrogantly, (What does your dad do D4NDO?) I could never drive one as I would automatically look an idiot.

Imprezas, (there are about 40 different types since they started coming over 10 years or so ago) are driven by all sorts, its shocking for fuel though. It is one of the best performance cars ever made although beaten by a mitsubishi evo VIII if you can take ride. Both of these are "Peoples" cars not "Poseurs" cars, especially used.

Because of this I would choose an impreza (WRX STI PPP or SPEC-C please) over the M3 and the Accord but I have to deal with more corners over here.
tbardsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:51 AM   #19
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Wow, you're a tard

The reason why the WRX STi smokes the M3 in 0-60 is because it's AWD!!! AWD cars have extremely fast 0-60's because they can launch at nearly any rpm and get traction. A regular WRX (only 227hp) might even leave a Mustang Cobra (390+hp) in the dust in 0-60 because of AWD...not because of it's 'massive' turbo...(which btw is really just a tiny turbo).

The STi is a Rally derived car that Subaru purposely set soft shock rates for, for the public... It's center of gravity is high? Yet...It outhandles most every car on the market, less some top top top sports cars (like the C5/C6 and EVO) and still does it with a soft shock rate and 225mm width tires. All cars have plastic on the inside, some companies just dress it up more than others (BMW/MB/Audi/Acura).

How did we even get to comparing a STi to an M3?
Thanks Thunderbird. He started it cuz he said that both cars are crappy (Accord and WRX) and wanted the origonal poster to get a M3, and I started arguing with him about that, and it escaleted... Thanks again!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:08 AM   #20
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Thanks Thunderbird. He started it cuz he said that both cars are crappy (Accord and WRX) and wanted the origonal poster to get a M3, and I started arguing with him about that, and it escaleted... Thanks again!

You just could of used the : ' The Accord is the #1 car in its segment ' and ' The WRX has been the most popular turbo four door over in the States since sliced bread '. At least, that's what im saying now
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:15 AM   #21
Nichol Bolas
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 83
I didn't know bread was a 4-door turbocharged car! I think I'm going to start driving some whitewheat to school.
Nichol Bolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #22
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol Bolas
I didn't know bread was a 4-door turbocharged car! I think I'm going to start driving some whitewheat to school.

You should try rye too.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #23
D4NDO
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Appleton, Warrington, England
Posts: 46
i wasn't trying to say the sti was crap anyway it was the accord, plus they are very common in england so i dont think much of them, to be honest i like the rally version of the car i think it's a fantastic car for rallying with. i wasn't trying to make enemies i was just stating a story about the accord but got side-tracked from the point.
D4NDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #24
D4NDO
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Appleton, Warrington, England
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbardsle
This sounds like pointless conversation but I'll join in.

Dunno what its like in the US now but in the UK M3's are driven by footballers and city boys, badly and arrogantly, (What does your dad do D4NDO?) I could never drive one as I would automatically look an idiot.

Imprezas, (there are about 40 different types since they started coming over 10 years or so ago) are driven by all sorts, its shocking for fuel though. It is one of the best performance cars ever made although beaten by a mitsubishi evo VIII if you can take ride. Both of these are "Peoples" cars not "Poseurs" cars, especially used.

Because of this I would choose an impreza (WRX STI PPP or SPEC-C please) over the M3 and the Accord but I have to deal with more corners over here.
my dad is what you would call a rich kid, he got left with some money from his grandad in a trust fund and set up a finacial advisory company and thats what he does.
D4NDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #25
durangoman
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentuky, I ware schoos two
Posts: 41
no contest, wrx hands down, 3 grand cheaper almost 1 sec faster o-60, bad ass styling, ( how u gonna pass up that hood scoop), street credability between an wrx and boring ass honda is uncomparable, plus any up grades to the accord and youre atomaticly a ricer, awd handling superior even on dry pavement, the accord is a granny car, my friend has a wrx and it is amazing, can u do off pavement dougnuts in an accord?, for me def the wrx cause its just awesome
__________________
Chevy El Camino, the mullet of cars, buisness in the front, party in the back
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:02 AM   #26
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Let us think about this:
STi has better reliability, better 0-60, has 4 doors, AWD, is a family car (on some levels), is 20k cheaper and you still say that it is a crappy car? Are you nuts?!! The BMW does have a better interior, but who cares? It has leather, that comes with the price. You say that the STi is crappy because it has plastic on the inside. ALL CARS HAVE PLASTIC IN THE INTERIOR! How can I get this into your pea-sized brain: stop trying to spread crap about the STi being crappy! It isnt! If a person could buy a car that out does a M3 and is 20k cheaper and is much more versital, which would he buy?

THINK. TYPE. SUBMIT.

StiMan

you should think type subit because sti is better than m3 and m5 and the sti is horizontal and fr and can be mr at the same time and someof them hav vtech system and the m3 only have vvti system so the wrx will be better in terms of price but the m3 will have more power stock because it is v8 and more litres but if i were you i would get a 73' civic because it has 50 horsepower and you can put a quad turbo in it and will beat both m3 and wrx togeter combined in power but if you have to pick between both of this pick the wrx because i think it has awd and can be fr and mr and the m3 only fr so stiman who is the peabrain now? THINK.THYPE.SUMIT
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:16 AM   #27
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
anyone object?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:32 AM   #28
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
you should think type subit because sti is better than m3 and m5 and the sti is horizontal and fr and can be mr at the same time and someof them hav vtech system and the m3 only have vvti system so the wrx will be better in terms of price but the m3 will have more power stock because it is v8 and more litres but if i were you i would get a 73' civic because it has 50 horsepower and you can put a quad turbo in it and will beat both m3 and wrx togeter combined in power but if you have to pick between both of this pick the wrx because i think it has awd and can be fr and mr and the m3 only fr so stiman who is the peabrain now? THINK.THYPE.SUMIT
I am really confused. Are you trying to fight me about something? Yes the M3 does have 33 more HP, but it is still beaten by the STi. I am sorry, but I cant figure out what the hell you are saying. I wasnt even arguing with you, so what is going on?
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:35 AM   #29
CarEXPERT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I am really confused. Are you trying to fight me about something? Yes the M3 does have 33 more HP, but it is still beaten by the STi. I am sorry, but I cant figure out what the hell you are saying. I wasnt even arguing with you, so what is going on?

I was just being like this guy on the forum who said hella bullshit in one sentence like this.
smoke weed EVERYDAY..
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:37 AM   #30
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
I was just being like this guy on the forum who said hella bullshit in one sentence like this.
smoke weed EVERYDAY..
What the hell? Just tell me what you were saying so I can understand you.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.