Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
cougdude67
CF Newbie

Need some advice on floor pans!

I am currently restoring a 1967 Cougar and the floor pans need to be replaced. i have new ones but I am not sure how to replace them. I think the way is to put the new ones in, trace around onto the old ones, cut out the old ones using a angle cutter, and then weld in the new ones with a little bit of a overlap. If there is another technique that i dont know of please tell me. And if any of you guys just wanna talk about mustangs or cougars that would be sweet to.
cougdude67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougdude67
I am currently restoring a 1967 Cougar and the floor pans need to be replaced. i have new ones but I am not sure how to replace them. I think the way is to put the new ones in, trace around onto the old ones, cut out the old ones using a angle cutter, and then weld in the new ones with a little bit of a overlap. If there is another technique that i dont know of please tell me. And if any of you guys just wanna talk about mustangs or cougars that would be sweet to.

Actually, that's basically how you do it. You have to be careful however as the "frame" riles go under the center of those pans, and you don't want to cut them...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote