Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2002, 01:10 AM   #1

Considering Altima

Hey guys I went looking for cars today, and am considering an Altima (1990's) What kind of reliablity are there on these cars? Do they need alot of repairs? And if so, at what mileage do the tend to go? I want a I4 or v6 w/ a 5 speed. I know they have pretty good reliablity, but I am looking way ahead, and seing how many miles I can get on it without worrying. Any comments on these? Thanks for your help!
Old 11-04-2002, 02:36 AM   #2

I say go with an 1st gen(1993-97) Altima, they're VERY RELIABLE. PERIOD. Good on gas, easy on the eyes and good road manners. The only con i can think of is a little too much road noise.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:56 AM   #3

I personally like the 2nd gens best even thought I have a 1st gen. I think they are just classier looking cars, even with body kits on them and stuff done, well as long as it's done up nicely.

I really like 1st gens with some of the available options, like HUD, digi climatre control, power antenna, etc.

But my fav trim level is SE's since they are the sportiest and can have almost all of the options
Old 11-04-2002, 03:35 AM   #4

Cool I like the looks of the 2nd gen, but what about the engines? How is the 6 vs the 4? Can I get a 6 with a 5 speed? And how about repairs? How long will an Altima run before I need to start putting money in to keep it running? Thanks!

PS I wouldnt mind a 1st gen, but we are looking for low miles, and most 1st gens probably have over 100 thou on them already.