Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
'89Camry
CF Newbie

Insurance Help

Hey,

Last week my friend got in a collision inside of the school parking lot. He was backing out and hit the front bumper of a parked car behind him. The bump was relatively minor but it was an old Ford F-150 vs. a piece of shit Tempo. (90-91 roughly.) Anyway, the guy is being a jackass and suing for the ‘whiplash’ he received as a result. Can anyone provide me with some information to help deal with this cocksucker?

Ps: This is taking place in Alberta, Canada.
'89Camry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Get a damn lawyer and find out just how bad the whiplash was. Then sue him for wasting your god damn time with some bullshit whiplash senario.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #3
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Get a damn lawyer and find out just how bad the whiplash was. Then sue him for wasting your god damn time with some bullshit whiplash senario.

sorry, you're stuck. This happened on school property, so it's government property, and it'll be cheaper to pay off the guy to make him shut up, than to hire a lawyer and take it to court. Legal systems suck like that. So, unless you want to teach him a lesson, and put your money toward a lawyer, just pay the guy for his "pain and suffering".
Old 02-08-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
sorry, you're stuck. This happened on school property, so it's government property, and it'll be cheaper to pay off the guy to make him shut up, than to hire a lawyer and take it to court. Legal systems suck like that. So, unless you want to teach him a lesson, and put your money toward a lawyer, just pay the guy for his "pain and suffering".

The man has a point

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #5
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
The man has a point

he can sue back, but they'll end up with maybe their money back, and even then, they have to pay lawyer fees. (-100/hour)