Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2003, 03:20 PM   #16
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

That's good news VWManiac, VW is gonna make the MK5 R32! and with 270 bhp!!! Cool If the Mk4 R32 has 240 bhp, top speed 250 KM/h which is 155mph, and does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, then if the MK5 R32 has a 270 bhp engine, it's top speed in theory should be at least over 165 depending on the mass, 0-60 i guess should be around 6 seconds or maybe below depending on the mass again and of cause the engine's torque. So if that's true then what a car the MK5 R32 is going to be!!! I'll try to find out the official specs ASAP.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin.TDi
That's good news VWManiac, VW is gonna make the MK5 R32! and with 270 bhp!!! Cool If the Mk4 R32 has 240 bhp, top speed 250 KM/h which is 155mph, and does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, then if the MK5 R32 has a 270 bhp engine, it's top speed in theory should be at least over 165 depending on the mass, 0-60 i guess should be around 6 seconds or maybe below depending on the mass again and of cause the engine's torque. So if that's true then what a car the MK5 R32 is going to be!!! I'll try to find out the official specs ASAP.

I have no information on the A5 R32 but would like to clarify something for you. The top speed will not be limited by "mass" but by aerodynamics. Acceleration is limited by weight.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #18
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

Oh yeah, thanks VWhobo, I got the two mixed up
Old 11-02-2003, 06:58 PM   #19
vwmaniac
CF Addict

I have the info about the MK5 R32 in a Polish magazine.It has a large section of previews of the MK5.Though vwhobo isn't sometimes mass that makes a car's top speed lower???Like for example a 2002 Skoda Fabia has a 1.4l 16v engine that is made by vw,the 2002 vw polo has the exact same engine.The Skoda's top speed is 164km/h and an accelaration of 12.4sec.As for the Polo, it's top speed is 174km/h and it's accelaration is 11.2secs.I don't think that aerodynamics could make such a difference in top speed?If I'm wrong, then please tell me why.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:22 PM   #20
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
I have the info about the MK5 R32 in a Polish magazine.It has a large section of previews of the MK5.Though vwhobo isn't sometimes mass that makes a car's top speed lower???Like for example a 2002 Skoda Fabia has a 1.4l 16v engine that is made by vw,the 2002 vw polo has the exact same engine.The Skoda's top speed is 164km/h and an accelaration of 12.4sec.As for the Polo, it's top speed is 174km/h and it's accelaration is 11.2secs.I don't think that aerodynamics could make such a difference in top speed?If I'm wrong, then please tell me why.

But the VW has different gearing allowing to be deeper into the powerband before becoming aero limited. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

And let's get your terminology straight. You are talking about weight. Mass is defined as "the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field". Mass effects weight but weighs nothing in and of itself.

Here goes some of my free association again. This post made me think of it and don't anybody bother getting pissed, I'm 75% Polack.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #21
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Hey.hobo thx for telling me.But that pic of yours really pissed me off!By the way how can you be a POLAK if you wrote polak like this,POLACK??????!!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Hey.hobo thx for telling me.But that pic of yours really pissed me off!By the way how can you be a POLAK if you wrote polak like this,POLACK??????!!!!!

Because that's how it's spelled? Sorry to confuse you.

And you don't need to PM me to tell me to read your replies. I've got the system figured out.

Here's another one. Damn I'm funny.

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a Polack joke?"

The guy next to him replies, "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs. and I'm Polish. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2" tall, weighs 225, and he's Polish. The fella next to him is 6'5" tall, weighs 250, and he's Polish. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?"

The first guy says, "Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times."

Old 11-03-2003, 03:45 AM   #23
vwmaniac
CF Addict

ha ha ha(yawns)
Old 11-03-2003, 04:10 AM   #24
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Can we please get back to talking about Vw's.
So vwhobo(or anybody out there), what is your favorite Volkswagen?????
Old 11-03-2003, 04:15 AM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Can we please get back to talking about Vw's.
So vwhobo(or anybody out there), what is your favorite Volkswagen?????

Well I think I've answered that question enough times here. Have you tried my profile?

Q: Did you hear that the Polish government bought a thousand septic tanks?
A: As soon as they learn to drive them, they're going to invade Russia.

Old 11-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #26
SuperJew
I like pie.

Brand new GTI VR6

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #27
vwmaniac
CF Addict

And why would they ivade Russia?????
I love Poland and I know that they have a pretty weak army right now.So if they invaded Russia they'de die real quick.Polan knows how powerful Russia is.THough I agree with you the Polish government is really stupid.But to come to thnk of it, whose government isn't stupid in some way???
Old 11-03-2003, 04:20 AM   #28
vwmaniac
CF Addict

sorry for the wrong spelling.INVADE*LOL
Old 11-03-2003, 04:20 AM   #29
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
I love Poland and I know that they have a pretty weak army right now.So if they invaded Russia they'de die real quick.Polan knows how powerful Russia is.THough I agree with you the Polish government is really stupid.But to come to thnk of it, whose government isn't stupid in some way???

Monaco's- still no income tax!!! :P :P

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:21 AM   #30
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

Hint... IT'S A JOKE!