Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 03:20 PM   #16
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 29
That's good news VWManiac, VW is gonna make the MK5 R32! and with 270 bhp!!! Cool If the Mk4 R32 has 240 bhp, top speed 250 KM/h which is 155mph, and does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, then if the MK5 R32 has a 270 bhp engine, it's top speed in theory should be at least over 165 depending on the mass, 0-60 i guess should be around 6 seconds or maybe below depending on the mass again and of cause the engine's torque. So if that's true then what a car the MK5 R32 is going to be!!! I'll try to find out the official specs ASAP.
__________________
Cheers, Gavin
Gavin.TDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #17
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin.TDi
That's good news VWManiac, VW is gonna make the MK5 R32! and with 270 bhp!!! Cool If the Mk4 R32 has 240 bhp, top speed 250 KM/h which is 155mph, and does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, then if the MK5 R32 has a 270 bhp engine, it's top speed in theory should be at least over 165 depending on the mass, 0-60 i guess should be around 6 seconds or maybe below depending on the mass again and of cause the engine's torque. So if that's true then what a car the MK5 R32 is going to be!!! I'll try to find out the official specs ASAP.

I have no information on the A5 R32 but would like to clarify something for you. The top speed will not be limited by "mass" but by aerodynamics. Acceleration is limited by weight.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #18
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 29
Oh yeah, thanks VWhobo, I got the two mixed up
__________________
Cheers, Gavin
Gavin.TDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 06:58 PM   #19
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
I have the info about the MK5 R32 in a Polish magazine.It has a large section of previews of the MK5.Though vwhobo isn't sometimes mass that makes a car's top speed lower???Like for example a 2002 Skoda Fabia has a 1.4l 16v engine that is made by vw,the 2002 vw polo has the exact same engine.The Skoda's top speed is 164km/h and an accelaration of 12.4sec.As for the Polo, it's top speed is 174km/h and it's accelaration is 11.2secs.I don't think that aerodynamics could make such a difference in top speed?If I'm wrong, then please tell me why.
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:22 PM   #20
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
I have the info about the MK5 R32 in a Polish magazine.It has a large section of previews of the MK5.Though vwhobo isn't sometimes mass that makes a car's top speed lower???Like for example a 2002 Skoda Fabia has a 1.4l 16v engine that is made by vw,the 2002 vw polo has the exact same engine.The Skoda's top speed is 164km/h and an accelaration of 12.4sec.As for the Polo, it's top speed is 174km/h and it's accelaration is 11.2secs.I don't think that aerodynamics could make such a difference in top speed?If I'm wrong, then please tell me why.

But the VW has different gearing allowing to be deeper into the powerband before becoming aero limited. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

And let's get your terminology straight. You are talking about weight. Mass is defined as "the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field". Mass effects weight but weighs nothing in and of itself.

Here goes some of my free association again. This post made me think of it and don't anybody bother getting pissed, I'm 75% Polack.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #21
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
Hey.hobo thx for telling me.But that pic of yours really pissed me off!By the way how can you be a POLAK if you wrote polak like this,POLACK??????!!!!!
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
Hey.hobo thx for telling me.But that pic of yours really pissed me off!By the way how can you be a POLAK if you wrote polak like this,POLACK??????!!!!!

Because that's how it's spelled? Sorry to confuse you.

And you don't need to PM me to tell me to read your replies. I've got the system figured out.

Here's another one. Damn I'm funny.

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a Polack joke?"

The guy next to him replies, "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs. and I'm Polish. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2" tall, weighs 225, and he's Polish. The fella next to him is 6'5" tall, weighs 250, and he's Polish. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?"

The first guy says, "Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times."
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 03:45 AM   #23
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
ha ha ha(yawns)
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:10 AM   #24
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
Can we please get back to talking about Vw's.
So vwhobo(or anybody out there), what is your favorite Volkswagen?????
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:15 AM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
Can we please get back to talking about Vw's.
So vwhobo(or anybody out there), what is your favorite Volkswagen?????

Well I think I've answered that question enough times here. Have you tried my profile?

Q: Did you hear that the Polish government bought a thousand septic tanks?
A: As soon as they learn to drive them, they're going to invade Russia.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #26
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Brand new GTI VR6
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:19 AM   #27
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
And why would they ivade Russia?????
I love Poland and I know that they have a pretty weak army right now.So if they invaded Russia they'de die real quick.Polan knows how powerful Russia is.THough I agree with you the Polish government is really stupid.But to come to thnk of it, whose government isn't stupid in some way???
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:20 AM   #28
vwmaniac
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 263
sorry for the wrong spelling.INVADE*LOL
__________________
PROUD TO BE A POLAK!
vwmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:20 AM   #29
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
And why would they ivade Russia?????
I love Poland and I know that they have a pretty weak army right now.So if they invaded Russia they'de die real quick.Polan knows how powerful Russia is.THough I agree with you the Polish government is really stupid.But to come to thnk of it, whose government isn't stupid in some way???

Monaco's- still no income tax!!! :P :P
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:21 AM   #30
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
And why would they ivade Russia?????
I love Poland and I know that they have a pretty weak army right now.So if they invaded Russia they'de die real quick.Polan knows how powerful Russia is.THough I agree with you the Polish government is really stupid.But to come to thnk of it, whose government isn't stupid in some way???

Hint... IT'S A JOKE!
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.