Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2003, 01:18 AM   #46
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
Hey, Gavin_TDI here's a pic of a Polo GTI.ENJOY!

You're welcome for the link for the Phaeton.

By the way, the last year of production for that Polo GTI was 2002 so the correct answer is no, they don't make them but they used to.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #47
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniac
Hey, Gavin_TDI here's a pic of a Polo GTI.ENJOY!

You're welcome for the link for the Phaeton.

By the way, the last year of production for that Polo GTI was 2002 so the correct answer is no, they don't make them but they used to.

Sorry vwhobo, that I didn't say thanks.So thanks.
I know that they stopped producing the GTI Polo now, but I thought that Gavin just wanted to know if there are polo GTI"s.
And again thanks for the phaeton link.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:17 PM   #48
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not posting recently, I've been busy with my school course work :? Always a pain in the neck!
Anyway, thanks VWMANIAC for the polo pics, I like it. And sorry for not making it clear, I did mean if there are any VW Polo GTIs around.

My uncle is thinking about buying a new car, so he asked me, from what he was telling me, I think he wanted a executive saloon and priced around 20,000 thats about $32,000. SO first thing on my mind was a brand new VW Passat V6 4Motion 2.8L 5speed manual, it has a V6 190 BHP engine, and recomended retail price is 21,650 which is perfect. Or a V6 TDI 2.5L 160 BHP 6speed manual, that is only 21,875 RRP. Does anyone know which one is the better choice?
Audi A4s are another option, so is a Honda Accord 2.4 i-VTEC Executive. Any better options???
Old 11-09-2003, 06:43 PM   #49
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin.TDi
SO first thing on my mind was a brand new VW Passat V6 4Motion 2.8L 5speed manual, it has a V6 190 BHP engine, and recomended retail price is 21,650 which is perfect. Or a V6 TDI 2.5L 160 BHP 6speed manual, that is only 21,875 RRP. Does anyone know which one is the better choice?

Wouldn't that depend substantially on if he wants a gas or diesel powered car?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:54 PM   #50
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

yeah, i c your point, but he doesn't care about fuels. I know it's pretty expensive in the UK, but he's rich man, so what do u reckon which one?
Old 11-11-2003, 12:40 AM   #51
vwmaniac
CF Addict

I care about fuels, so that means that I would chose the V6 2.5 TDI engine.THough you said that your uncle doesn't really care about fuels, I recommend the V6 2.8l 4motion Passat.An Audi A4 would be a great choice also.I like it almost as much as the Passat.
You can go with the Accord if you want, but I don't really like Japanese cars,though it really is your decision.
Finally I would chose one of the Passat's.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:39 PM   #52
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

Thanks VWMANIAC, my uncle decided he's going to buy the passat, V6 2.8l 4motion, we found out a dealer who sells that for only 20,599, cause it's the end of the year clearance or something. We're going this weekend. Hope it'll be good
Old 11-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #53
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Sweet!!
If you could, would you be able to post a pic once your uncle gets it??
Old 11-13-2003, 06:35 PM   #54
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

Yeah I would love to, but the problem is I haven't got a Digital Camera or a scanner. If I get a digital cam or borrow one, I'll post the pics on here.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:13 AM   #55
vwmaniac
CF Addict

So,GAVIN_TDI did your uncle get the passat yet??If he did what does he think of it and what do you think of it?
Old 11-19-2003, 07:02 PM   #56
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

Well...NOPE VWMANIAC, the car is good, bodywork is great so is the interia and everything, air con working fine, SAT NAV, ESP, PAS, EDL and all the high tec stuff...NICE but the engine doesn't feel it has very much power when accelerating and it made a funny noise, the manual gear shift is bit dodgy as well (same with loads of VWs), and I found out one of the side doors won't shut properly, not very obvious but it is a tiny bit bent. It has done 13,000 miles on the clock not 9000 the dealer told us. Me uncle told the dealer to reduce the price and the dealer refused. So me and me Uncle thought it's not worth taking the risk, so we left, EMPTY HANDED But still got all that money Just have to wait for another one!
Old 12-03-2003, 04:36 PM   #57
Gavin.TDi
CF Newbie

Hey VWMANIAC, my uncle has found another nice Passat, same as the one we looked at few weeks ago, V6 2.8l 4motion, but silver. Going this weekend, this has to be the one
Old 12-03-2003, 06:51 PM   #58
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin.TDi
Hey VWMANIAC, my uncle has found another nice Passat, same as the one we looked at few weeks ago, V6 2.8l 4motion, but silver. Going this weekend, this has to be the one

I hope it is!Good luck.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:47 PM   #59
stringer001
CF Enthusiast

they look stupid
drive slow
cost billions

and worst of all most of them look like suzuki ignis!
stringer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 11:51 PM   #60
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer001
they look stupid
drive slow
cost billions

and worst of all most of them look like suzuki ignis!

Well,that is your opinion,and if you would have read the name of the topic correctly you would have seen it is VW ENTHUSIASTS COME IN!!Not ANTI-VW PEOPLE COME IN!!See you don't fall under the topic.