Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2003, 04:37 AM   #1
Cerebrex

Car Value Depreciation

Hey everyone, new to the forums, but had a quick question that hopefully someone could help me answer. I'm in the market for a '98 Camaro Z28 and have about 8-10k dollars to spend. I bought a '97 Jetta GLX VR6 back in February/March and the book value on it hten was around 10-11k. Now that I am selling it not even a year later, the book value is down to about 8-9k. I talked to a friend about this and he said that a car depreciates in value mainly by its age in years. Well I'm in the military and I'm deploying overseas in November for about 4 months. My question is, in March/April of 04, will there be a noticeable amount of drop in the price? Thanks a lot for the help!

-Cerebrex
Old 10-28-2003, 04:18 AM   #2
Cerebrex

Isn't there anyone that can help or at least point in the directon of help?
Old 10-28-2003, 04:28 AM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

hey, welcom to the forums... sorry, this is kinda a slow forum. but yeh, to your question. i myself dont think there should be that much of a huge drop in the price, maybe a few hundred, plus or minus... of course you can always remember this, you can still mostlikly manage to seel for a higher price, because in my noticing, theres always SOMEONE who is willing to pay for something. i hope ive helped out, somone here might know better than i do
mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 06:51 AM   #4
Cerebrex

Hey thanks a lot man! I really appreciate the reply. Yeah I just don't understand why there was that big of a price drop in my Jetta, but then again, I suppose it goes hand-in-hand with new model releases. Thanks again!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:51 AM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

You will also find that German vehicles in general hold their value very well however, the most significant drop in value is when the car first leaves the showroom! after that things are more steady.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote