Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #16
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

<---avatar. look at it. the truth hurts.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:26 PM   #17
BMWGuru
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEcarexpert
ok you are a ****ing assjole just like the rest of them. cut the we shit you nor anyone else confermed how many cylinders there engines have so i dont know where your getting that shit form and it dose take a shitload of hp to get something that big down the track that damn quick. a damn four banger shore as hell couldnt get the job done. no one said that they use four bangers in them thats just the way i talk SO GET USE TO IT and imports are shit you have to do a crap load of work on them to get the same amount of power out of them as you could out of a stock mucle care
**** IMPORST

Put an M3 up against a Corvette, with similar-skilled drivers, and the M3 will spank the Corvette. Not to mention, an M3 is much classier than a Corvette.
BMWGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:09 PM   #18
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

ok the rx7 with a v-8 thats pretty cool but on the other hand i disagree with the fact that the m3 can beat the corvette. the corvette has 400 hp and the m3 has 290......................... ummm............. let me get some of that shit youre smoking it must be good
THEcarexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:41 PM   #19
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Quote:
ok the rx7 with a v-8 thats pretty cool but on the other hand i disagree with the fact that the m3 can beat the corvette. the corvette has 400 hp and the m3 has 290......................... ummm............. let me get some of that shit youre smoking it must be good
actually the M3 has 333 horsepower, but anyway, that still can't make up for the 400 horsepower the corvette has. A C6 Corvette can run 0-60 in about 4.3 seconds and the M3 around 4.8, not to mention, the new corvette handles with the same amount of precision as the BMW. So a theoretical race would result in the Corvette winning.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:36 AM   #20
BMWGuru
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostang104314
actually the M3 has 333 horsepower, but anyway, that still can't make up for the 400 horsepower the corvette has. A C6 Corvette can run 0-60 in about 4.3 seconds and the M3 around 4.8, not to mention, the new corvette handles with the same amount of precision as the BMW. So a theoretical race would result in the Corvette winning.

okay, i meant the C5 because the M3 and C5 were engineered closer by year to each other. to compare an engine engineered 5 years ago to one that just came out doesn't make much sense. compare the M5 to the C6 and the M5 will win. but the M3 could still keep up to the C6, if not surpass it.

"...we took the M3 to the test track and measured a 0-to-60 time of 4.5 seconds and a standing quarter-mile of 13.1 seconds at 107 mph...managing 0.87 g on the skidpad and stopping from 70 mph in 161 feet..." -Car and Driver

0-60 time won't make much difference on the track, especially not when it's a difference of .02 seconds. both pulled around .9 g, but the M3 braked a lot better than the Corvette, which would come in handy in a track like Laguna Seca with those tricky turns towards the end.

so anyway, at the point that the C6 and M3 are, i suppose the biggest decider would be the track.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:26 AM   #21
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

and didnt mean the rx7 w/ a v8 though i know many a person who have done it and yes, they be quick. turbo rotary gets from here to there damn quick.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #22
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Impedance
and didnt mean the rx7 w/ a v8 though i know many a person who have done it and yes, they be quick. turbo rotary gets from here to there damn quick.
what size v-8 dose it have
Old 02-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #23
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

one person with a 1st gen has a Olds (350?) SB, another with a Chevy 350 2nd gen, and someone figuring out how to fit a 455 into a 1st gen.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:14 PM   #24
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
ok you are a ****ing assjole just like the rest of them. cut the we shit you nor anyone else confermed how many cylinders there engines have so i dont know where your getting that shit form and it dose take a shitload of hp to get something that big down the track that damn quick. a damn four banger shore as hell couldnt get the job done. no one said that they use four bangers in them thats just the way i talk SO GET USE TO IT and imports are shit you have to do a crap load of work on them to get the same amount of power out of them as you could out of a stock mucle care

Quote:
cut the we shit you nor anyone else confermed how many cylinders there engines have

remember this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moostang104314
I'm pretty sure they use 8-cylinder engines

----------------------------
Quote:
thats just the way i talk

Congratulations, why must we all adapt to your way? Does the world revolve around you?

Quote:
imports are shit you have to do a crap load of work on them to get the same amount of power out of them as you could out of a stock mucle car

mitsubishi 3000gt. Stock is faster than a 454. Oh yeah, the 3000 has a tiny engine, also. or how about sheppard's DSM? Runs a 8 second quarter for less than 80 grand.

By imports, I suppose you mean all imports, so how about the enzo? is it shit? No? Well, it destroys anything of yours on the track.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #25
Low Impedance
CF Enthusiast

umm damn! 80 grand! DSM = loaded! well was loaded but now poor after 80 grand.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #26
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
remember this?

Congratulations, why must we all adapt to your way? Does the world revolve around you?

mitsubishi 3000gt. Stock is faster than a 454. Oh yeah, the 3000 has a tiny engine, also. or how about sheppard's DSM? Runs a 8 second quarter for less than 80 grand.

By imports, I suppose you mean all imports, so how about the enzo? is it shit? No? Well, it destroys anything of yours on the track.

ok for starters i never said that you had to adapt to my way all i said is get used to it no one else seamed to have a problem with it other than you but im sure as hell not going to change my ways for you. second of all when i sya tha imports are shit i mean all those little cars that are front wheel drive with shity four bangers. and what is your idea of not putting much into a car cause the last time i checkt 80 grand was a shitload of money to put in a care. i never said anything about cars like the enzo i just happen to like some of those cars but in a race wich do you think would win an enzo or an me 412? and last but not least you need to quit assuming. you assumed that when i said imports i was talking about any and all imports out there and thats not what i ment. but you know what they say...... assuming makes an ass out of you and me.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #27
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
remember this?

um ya about the 3000 gt and the 454 it may be faster than the 454 but thats only one what about the 528 or the 510 or the 521 could it beat those answer me that one
Old 02-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #28
BMWGuru
CF Newbie

Quote:
ok for starters i never said that you had to adapt to my way all i said is get used to it no one else seamed to have a problem with it other than you but im sure as hell not going to change my ways for you. second of all when i sya tha imports are shit i mean all those little cars that are front wheel drive with shity four bangers. and what is your idea of not putting much into a car cause the last time i checkt 80 grand was a shitload of money to put in a care. i never said anything about cars like the enzo i just happen to like some of those cars but in a race wich do you think would win an enzo or an me 412? and last but not least you need to quit assuming. you assumed that when i said imports i was talking about any and all imports out there and thats not what i ment. but you know what they say...... assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

when you one says 'imports', one is using a general term used to classify any car that is imported. learn to properly use the english language.

an Enzo and an ME412 would be pretty close, but in the end, one driver is driving a Chrysler while the other is driving a Ferrari.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:26 PM   #29
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
ok for starters i never said that you had to adapt to my way all i said is get used to it no one else seamed to have a problem with it other than you but im sure as hell not going to change my ways for you.

Let me assure you, others here dislike you as much as myself, and you seem to think that others need to adapt to you. for the last time, the world does not revolve around you. Everyone else didn't seem like they had a problem with it? You think nobody had a problem with you self-proclaiming yourself king of car-forums? *sigh* you 've got to be joking me.

Quote:
econd of all when i sya tha imports are shit i mean all those little cars that are front wheel drive with shity four bangers.

Then, apparently, you don't know anything about imports of any kind. a honda s2000 is rear wheel drive and puts out 190 horsepower from an inline 4, and still matches a 454 quickness-wise. other fourbangers? how about the lotus elise, or the honda civic? they can all be incredibly fast, and are fast. FWD? how about the nsx, skyline, mr2, 240sx, 350Z. Quit generalizing off civics.

Quote:
i never said anything about cars like the enzo i just happen to like some of those cars but in a race wich do you think would win an enzo or an me 412

you stated the words "Sht Imports", which means all cars except ones from your birth country. Which happens to be the USA, which means all imports, european/asian/african are imports.

hmmm... the me-4-12 was scrapped as a production car, so it's not even a fair comparison. but, my money would be on the enzo.

Quote:
and last but not least you need to quit assuming. you assumed that when i said imports i was talking about any and all imports out there and thats not what i ment. but you know what they say...... assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

You clearly said "sht imports" which means all cars not from your nationality are sht. there is no assumptions here, you stated that and now you're backing away from it. there is no assumptions here. just you and your ignorance.

Quote:
um ya about the 3000 gt and the 454 it may be faster than the 454 but thats only one what about the 528 or the 510 or the 521 could it beat those answer me that one

even if the 521 does beat a 3000gt, my respect for the 3000 is infinitly higher, as the 3000 has a 3 liter engine, as opposed to those 6 liter ones you're talking about. Or how about the s2000? it's a 2 liter engine also. I also garantee you that a f430 IMPORT can destroy any classic stock muscle car.

Now quit talking smack
Old 02-28-2005, 10:27 PM   #30
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
remember this?

ok never mind about what i said that the 3000 gt mabey being faster than a 454 i looked at a 3000 gt and with a turbo upgrade and a few other things it only had 222 hp and 200 some ft lbs of torque and then i looked at the 454 it had 500 hp and 525 ft lbs of torque now you me tell how a 3000 is going to beat it. oh i know how you put a 3 yr old behind the wheel of the camaro with the 454 in it. that would be real damn easy cause he dont even know how to drive..................... ok let me get some of that shit your smokeing cause it has to be real f*cking good