Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2005, 02:43 AM   #106
choke
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEcarexpert
get off the weed man

hehehe...HEY! no man. Reggae on the River! by the way, that not a wuote from the bible, only the last line is. its from pulp fiction man, maybe you should go out and watch some movies. Ezekiel 25:17 so roll that up in your bible and smoke it.

Last edited by choke : 03-04-2005 at 02:46 AM.
choke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #107
shulle3
CF Newbie

everyone needs to learn

I have a feeling that everyone that posted on this thread is fairly clueless about hp, torque, gearing, and engines in general. Horespower is the rate at which work is being done, torque is the amount of work being done. You guys will probably not understand that. And both horsepower and torque have an effect on acceleration and speed. As far as the title of the thread, the reason I read all this BS, top fuel dragsters run V-8's on nitromethane not methane at around 8000 horsepower they put the power to the differential through a series of clutches that are engaged in different stages to regulate the ammount of power going through the drivetrain and to keep the rear tires from breaking loose they use completely custom engines that use solid blocks they are supercharged running up to 60 pounds of manifold pressure , which you guys will probably understand as "boost", and they dont run at full power during burnouts they only get full fuel right before launching they run fuel injection by way of massive elecric pumps and giant fuel injectors. And by the way yes there are such things as 10 liter motors. if there is anything I missed just ask me
shulle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #108
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shulle3
I have a feeling that everyone that posted on this thread is fairly clueless about hp, torque, gearing, and engines in general.

You might want to rethink that.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:13 PM   #109
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

the first thing that i have to sasy is Godlaus you must be pretty stuoid to have believed that little "confesion" that i made up......it was so pathetic and the problem is you reacted just the way iexpected you to.........you bit that bait like a big old stupid bass gose after an artificul lure.......to tell you the truth i laphed my ass off when i saw your reply....and if you knew anything about muscle cars and american made engines you would know that the 528 is the best out of the three engines that i gave to choose from.....dose hemi ring a bell cause thats what it is, a 528 ci hemi, besides you told me that i should take it to the muscle car section of this forum......so this is the conclusion that i have come to.....you guys dont know much about american muscle or how to tune them to intimidate just about any import at the light, all you guys really mess with is imports and thats all you can really talk about so im going to leave you guys to argue among yourselves and im going to go back to talck with my brothers from the dodge world........so peace out yall
THEcarexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:27 PM   #110
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shulle3
I have a feeling that everyone that posted on this thread is fairly clueless about hp, torque, gearing, and engines in general. Horespower is the rate at which work is being done, torque is the amount of work being done. You guys will probably not understand that. And both horsepower and torque have an effect on acceleration and speed. As far as the title of the thread, the reason I read all this BS, top fuel dragsters run V-8's on nitromethane not methane at around 8000 horsepower they put the power to the differential through a series of clutches that are engaged in different stages to regulate the ammount of power going through the drivetrain and to keep the rear tires from breaking loose they use completely custom engines that use solid blocks they are supercharged running up to 60 pounds of manifold pressure , which you guys will probably understand as "boost", and they dont run at full power during burnouts they only get full fuel right before launching they run fuel injection by way of massive elecric pumps and giant fuel injectors. And by the way yes there are such things as 10 liter motors. if there is anything I missed just ask me

ok i said i was going leave but i saw this and had to respond.....the first thing i want to say is finnaly theres someone out there that speaks my language.....i havent found anything wrong with this post except for were you said that there are 10 liter engines.....so if there are acculy 10 liter engines could you give me a refrence online where i can acculy see proof that there are 10 liter engines, if you know what i mean.........the second thing i want to say is every thing that you just said is was i wanted to say but im not that good at explaining things in righting so thanks for clearing up the whole issue with the horse power thing......i knew that they use nitormethane but i couldnt think of the correct name for it so i just said methane so yeah i was wrong there.......now dont mean to say this in a retarded way but, thanks man your a life saver you said everthing i was trying to say but in a lot clearer way so, thanks (you probably wont hear this from anyone else)
Old 03-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #111
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
the first thing that i have to sasy is Godlaus you must be pretty stuoid to have believed that little "confesion" that i made up......it was so pathetic and the problem is you reacted just the way iexpected you to.........you bit that bait like a big old stupid bass gose after an artificul lure.......

the problem is that you thought it was appropriate at all to make things up. Or to act the way you did. That's not the behavior of someone who deserves respect, or respectful responses. Whyis it so important to you to look like an immature jackass? Seriously?

Quote:
and if you knew anything about muscle cars and american made engines you would know that the 528 is the best out of the three engines that i gave to choose from.....dose hemi ring a bell cause thats what it is, a 528 ci hemi,

Yeah, a new Mopar crate engine. But you/your neigbor doesn't have one, your'e just spouting off about it because you read about it somewhere. It's a $16,000 engine from Chrysler. It had BETTER be powerful.

Quote:
so this is the conclusion that i have come to.....you guys dont know much about american muscle or how to tune them to intimidate just about any import at the light, all you guys really mess with is imports and thats all you can really talk about

Sorry, but again, you're wrong. I've owned and built old Mopars, including cars with early Hemis (I had a built up DeSoto 331 Hemi in my '56 Dodge Coronet, and I built up a '71 Charger drag car). I've had numerous classic Mustangs, both street cars and race cars. My second race car wasa '71 Torino with a built 429CJ. I've built 460 powered Fox Mustangs. I had a built small block powered '71 Pontiac Ventura drag car and put a 454 crate engine in a '66 Chevelle, and built a pro street Chevy Luv with a crate 502. My Pontiac Grand lemas had the 350 swapped out for a 455. I've also put domestic V8s in imports, like my 400 hp 5 liter powered RX7. yes, I've ALSO playes with a lot of classic imports from Japan and Europe. I'm not a blind, single marque loving retard like some.

I suggest you take your assumptions and GTFO, as we don't need your immaturity here.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #112
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
the problem is that you thought it was appropriate at all to make things up. Or to act the way you did. That's not the behavior of someone who deserves respect, or respectful responses. Whyis it so important to you to look like an immature jackass? Seriously?

Yeah, a new Mopar crate engine. But you/your neigbor doesn't have one, your'e just spouting off about it because you read about it somewhere. It's a $16,000 engine from Chrysler. It had BETTER be powerful.

Sorry, but again, you're wrong. I've owned and built old Mopars, including cars with early Hemis (I had a built up DeSoto 331 Hemi in my '56 Dodge Coronet, and I built up a '71 Charger drag car). I've had numerous classic Mustangs, both street cars and race cars. My second race car wasa '71 Torino with a built 429CJ. I've built 460 powered Fox Mustangs. I had a built small block powered '71 Pontiac Ventura drag car and put a 454 crate engine in a '66 Chevelle, and built a pro street Chevy Luv with a crate 502. My Pontiac Grand lemas had the 350 swapped out for a 455. I've also put domestic V8s in imports, like my 400 hp 5 liter powered RX7. yes, I've ALSO playes with a lot of classic imports from Japan and Europe. I'm not a blind, single marque loving retard like some.

I suggest you take your assumptions and GTFO, as we don't need your immaturity here.

**** you bitch
Old 03-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #113
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
the first thing that i have to sasy is Godlaus you must be pretty stuoid to have believed that little "confesion" that i made up......it was so pathetic and the problem is you reacted just the way iexpected you to.........you bit that bait like a big old stupid bass gose after an artificul lure.......to tell you the truth i laphed my ass off when i saw your reply....and if you knew anything about muscle cars and american made engines you would know that the 528 is the best out of the three engines that i gave to choose from.....dose hemi ring a bell cause thats what it is, a 528 ci hemi, besides you told me that i should take it to the muscle car section of this forum......so this is the conclusion that i have come to.....you guys dont know much about american muscle or how to tune them to intimidate just about any import at the light, all you guys really mess with is imports and thats all you can really talk about so im going to leave you guys to argue among yourselves and im going to go back to talck with my brothers from the dodge world........so peace out yall

I'm pretty stupid to take up your apology? I gave you a chance, and I had no reason to believe otherwise that you were lying. You stupid DumbF*ck. I figured you were at least smart enough to know when to drop it, and stop being a smartass, but apparently I was wrong. Figuring out stupidity like yours is beyond anyhting of our comprehension.

Quote:
dose hemi ring a bell cause thats what it is, a 528 ci hemi,

Congratulations, my dad's toyota camry has a hemi in it.

Quote:
besides you told me that i should take it to the muscle car section of this forum......so this is the conclusion that i have come to.....you guys dont know much about american muscle

Do you seriously think I speak for everyone on these boards? Dumbass.

Quote:
so im going to leave you guys to argue among yourselves and im going to go back to talck with my brothers from the dodge world........so peace out yall

Buh-Bye, and oh yeah, when you come back and post again, I'm going to throw this back into your face.

Quote:
**** you bitch

Is that all you have to say when you're confronted by the facts that you're wrong?
Old 03-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #114
THEcarexpert
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
I'm pretty stupid to take up your apology? I gave you a chance, and I had no reason to believe otherwise that you were lying. You stupid DumbF*ck. I figured you were at least smart enough to know when to drop it, and stop being a smartass, but apparently I was wrong. Figuring out stupidity like yours is beyond anyhting of our comprehension.

Congratulations, my dad's toyota camry has a hemi in it.

Do you seriously think I speak for everyone on these boards? Dumbass.

Buh-Bye, and oh yeah, when you come back and post again, I'm going to throw this back into your face.

Is that all you have to say when you're confronted by the facts that you're wrong?

no thats all i have to say to bullshit
i think racecardriver is right yall need to pull your heads out of your asses (and no i am not him cause i know your going to say that)
Old 03-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #115
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
**** you bitch

And this was meant to make you look, what.. more intelligent? More threatening? Have you not yet figured out that you can't BE threatening on a message board? You only look stupid. Apparently you like looking stupid. Why?

Why do you think it's appropriate to behave the way you do? What has made this a valuable goal in your life?

Why can't you respond even SLIGHTLY intelligently or mature?

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #116
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
no thats all i have to say to bullshit
i think racecardriver is right yall need to pull your heads out of your asses (and no i am not him cause i know your going to say that)

Is this all you have to say? rememeber this?

Quote:
so im going to leave you guys to argue among yourselves and im going to go back to talck with my brothers from the dodge world........so peace out yall

Now leave, you have zero respect from anybody on this forum.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:14 AM   #117
CarEXPERT
Banned

torque is the twisting force produced by the engine and hp is a measure of work done by the engine, I know what torque does but what does horsepower do? Does hp make the RPMs go faster when the RPMs already fast? Torque moves the crank but horsepower does what??
Isnt torque everything and the most important to go faster cuz the more torque you have, the horspower function would be more. Hp=torque x rpm/ 5250. So Horsepower is really noting it seems! A higher torque at a given RPM would make the horsepower more right?
Is hp measured in a minute of operating and torque is measured instantly with no time?
Someone(ChrisV) please explain this to me..
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #118
Inygknok
El del Supra

sigh........ horsepower could even be referred to as the energy the engine produces.... since in other countries horsepower is actually measured in electrical terms (i believe kW is the correct one....) while Torque is simply the Force the engine produces (twisting force to be exact).

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:47 AM   #119
CarEXPERT
Banned

Does the more horsepower and torque you have, the more you lose through the drivetrain or axles? Like a RSX S would have 200hp at crank and 180 at wheel so thats 10% lost. So would a 1000 hp car have 900 to the wheels?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #120
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Does the more horsepower and torque you have, the more you lose through the drivetrain or axles? Like a RSX S would have 200hp at crank and 180 at wheel so thats 10% lost. So would a 1000 hp car have 900 to the wheels?

its not really that the more power u have, the more power u lose to the wheels..... its that the percentage loss really doesnt change much.... i believe sometimes a car's lost power percentage can increase or decrease depending on how u set it and such.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote