Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2003, 12:34 AM   #16
vwmaniac
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewecow
vwhobo I don't know if you refuse to read what I am writing or if you have a serious problem understanding simple concepts, but the fact that I made a statement saying its easy for someone who OWNS a CAR with this instantaneous gas mileage meter to make this chart does not mean that I HAVE the CHART or that I OWN the CAR. I have, very politely, tried to explain this to you about two times now because I understand that you are trying to help me out... but each time you come back with, probably what you consider a witty response, that shows you took no time to even re-read my statement and understand what I am saying.

theman352001 I appreciate the link.

Lol.Do you know that you wrote all of your last reply in only 2 SENTENCES!!!
You should have had around 5 in there.LOL
So before you start being a smart@## to vwhobo, make sure that you know how to punctuate.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:19 PM   #17
bugmenot
Banned

Lightbulb Formula

I realize the need might already have passed for this, but the formula that might help you has been published at Howstuffworks.com.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question477.htm

And yes, there are all sorts of forumlas that can be used to calculate mileage for various road conditions. Consumer's Reports, Car and Driver and JDPower all have their own formulas as well.

To everyone on this board who decided making a point about the "impossibility" of answering this question was more important than actually researching a response, you need something else to do.
bugmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #18
bugmenot
Banned

Additionally

http://library.thinkquest.org/4116/T...ning/speed.htm

Model 40 MPH 50 MPH 60 MPH

Sub-Compact 35 36 29

Compact 28 30 27

Midsize 21 22 20

Van 15 17 13

Luxury 13 14 12
bugmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:31 AM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot
I realize the need might already have passed for this, but the formula that might help you has been published at Howstuffworks.com.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question477.htm

And yes, there are all sorts of forumlas that can be used to calculate mileage for various road conditions. Consumer's Reports, Car and Driver and JDPower all have their own formulas as well.

To everyone on this board who decided making a point about the "impossibility" of answering this question was more important than actually researching a response, you need something else to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot
http://library.thinkquest.org/4116/...nning/speed.htm

Model 40 MPH 50 MPH 60 MPH

Sub-Compact 35 36 29

Compact 28 30 27

Midsize 21 22 20

Van 15 17 13

Luxury 13 14 12

Moron. Moron, moron, moron. I realize the need might already have passed for this, but let me say it again... Moron.

If you took the time to actually READ the original question you would see just how far off base you are on this. I don't know, maybe it's hard to concentrate when you're busy patting yourself on the back for how smart you think you are. The poster wanted to know how to figure INSTANTANEOUD F*CKING GAS MILEAGE. As for the person who "needs something else to do", why don't you go research a response that answers the question?

Moron.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:42 AM   #20
carls47807
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewecow
I am looking for a formula to calculate a car's instantaneous gas mileage with variables such as friction, weight, air resistance... if someone knows it by heart or could lead me in the right direction to find it, it would be much appreciated.

so lets say i actually do a google search and give you a formula incorporating "variables such as friction, weight, air resistance..."

how exactly do you think you are going to get your own numbers to plug into this formula (like the amount of friction exerted on your vehicle when you make a turn, or how much your car weighs when going over a bump? and air resistance---do you have those rainguards or bug deflector on?).

especially since it will probably be an equation you simply will not know how to solve? sorry to bust your bubble, but it WILL be impossible.
carls47807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:48 AM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls47807
so lets say i actually do a google search and give you a formula incorporating "variables such as friction, weight, air resistance..."

how exactly do you think you are going to get your own numbers to plug into this formula (like the amount of friction exerted on your vehicle when you make a turn, or how much your car weighs when going over a bump? and air resistance---do you have those rainguards or bug deflector on?).

especially since it will probably be an equation you simply will not know how to solve? sorry to bust your bubble, but it WILL be impossible.
Uh, hate to burst your bubble but I already told him essentially the same thing well over a year ago when this thread was current. I don't think he really cares. More to the point, what about the boob whe replied today with his form of "help"? How about giving HIM a piece of the action.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-15-2005, 02:52 AM   #22
carls47807
CF Freak

actually, i think my post was better than yours. but point taken, i didn't bother even reading the original date on this one.

sorry i'm lost what boob and what help?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:54 AM   #23
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
actually, i think my post was better than yours. but point taken, i didn't bother even reading the original date on this one.

sorry i'm lost what boob and what help?
Better than mine but only a year and a half late. Retract boob, think moron.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:57 AM   #24
carls47807
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Better than mine but only a year and a half late. Retract boob, think moron.

haha, i thought you were referring to the black lady boob thread, and i didn't see the connection. man carexpert really sucks.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:01 AM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
haha, i thought you were referring to the black lady boob thread, and i didn't see the connection. man carexpert really sucks.
HUH? Can you send me some of the shit you're smoking? Look at posts 17 and 18 in this thread.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:08 AM   #26
carls47807
CF Freak

well you weren't making any sense with that "whe" type, so i ran a search and found:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...6766#post66766

that, so i thought maybe you were in some may referring to that.

but i get it skippy, so it's cool.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:58 PM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
well you weren't making any sense with that "whe" type, so i ran a search and found:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...6766#post66766

that, so i thought maybe you were in some may referring to that.

but i get it skippy, so it's cool.
"The 'whe' type"? WTF are you on about?

Old 08-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #28
II Nova 661
CF Newbie

Hey Hobo

He's referring to your typo 'whe' instead of 'who' on page 2 post 21
II Nova 661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:10 PM   #29
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote: