FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:01 AM   #46
Blue_Frog
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GrandPrixSE
How about your room

Lookit my avatar...gotta have a user name and password.

My user list is very selective too

Now you two boys play nice
Old 02-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #47
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Frog
Lookit my avatar...gotta have a user name and password.

My user list is very selective too

Now you two boys play nice

awww, you suck can I join

Last edited by 88GrandPrixSE : 02-22-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #48
Blue_Frog
CF Newbie

Quote:
awww, you suck

No actually I dont...so you'd just be disappointed. Ask Carlos though...he seems like he likes to play wiff you quite a bit.

Nuff of that though. Who thinks Dale got ripped off at Daytona???
Old 02-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #49
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
No actually I dont...so you'd just be disappointed. Ask Carlos though...he seems like he likes to play wiff you quite a bit.

Nuff of that though. Who thinks Dale got ripped off at Daytona???

awww, you blow

I missed the race cause I had to work on my car had to have it done for today to get to work, was working on it from noon 'till 2AM last night
Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 AM   #50
Blue_Frog
CF Newbie

You didnt miss much til the end but Dale did his thing goin up from 13th to 1st in the last 25 laps like he always seems to. Lays back there and charges at the end...I kinda like that.

But hell right as he got it Gordon shot up too...not even a quater of a lap in. And the whole time someone was losing it in the backfield for almost a lap (cant remember who lost it). If they had just called yellow sooner Dale would have had the race.

Not knocking Gordon for winning...hes a good driver and all but hes the kind that if he wins a race he deserves he leads it for a good 50 miles or so. It was Dales race and he lost it on a bad yellow call. I was pissed and I bet he was too.

Know what you mean about bein tied up with the car though. I'm giving mine one more solid 4 days of troubleshooting then I'm gonna give it up assuming computer or relay chit I cant diagnose.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #51
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
You didnt miss much til the end but Dale did his thing goin up from 13th to 1st in the last 25 laps like he always seems to. Lays back there and charges at the end...I kinda like that.

But hell right as he got it Gordon shot up too...not even a quater of a lap in. And the whole time someone was losing it in the backfield for almost a lap (cant remember who lost it). If they had just called yellow sooner Dale would have had the race.

Not knocking Gordon for winning...hes a good driver and all but hes the kind that if he wins a race he deserves he leads it for a good 50 miles or so. It was Dales race and he lost it on a bad yellow call. I was pissed and I bet he was too.

Know what you mean about bein tied up with the car though. I'm giving mine one more solid 4 days of troubleshooting then I'm gonna give it up assuming computer or relay chit I cant diagnose.

Haha good, I like gordon more than Dale but all 'n' all, Stewart all the way, i love how he's a kunt.

Brings back good memories of last year My dad and I won a trip to the Indianpolis 400 from Delphi, it was awesome, box seats, all you can eat, and if you got hot, you could go inside the air-conditioned booth to cool down. (I'm canadian, and i wasn't quite used to the 40+ weather down there). was great though, we got to go see the practice, qualifying and the race, all in box seats, everything paid for, didn't spend a dime down there.. that was a once in a life-time event. Nothing like 43 cars goin' by at 200+mph.

Yah, cars are a pain, but when you're done the big jobs ( had to do the power steering rack on the floor.. Jacked with a leaking jack and no jack-stands ( had the tire resting on an old wheel haha)) it leaves you feelin' like the king of the world for the rest of the day
Old 02-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #52
Blue_Frog
CF Newbie

Quote:
Haha good, I like gordon more than Dale but all 'n' all, Stewart all the way, i love how he's a kunt.

Brings back good memories of last year My dad and I won a trip to the Indianpolis 400 from Delphi, it was awesome, box seats, all you can eat, and if you got hot, you could go inside the air-conditioned booth to cool down. (I'm canadian, and i wasn't quite used to the 40+ weather down there). was great though, we got to go see the practice, qualifying and the race, all in box seats, everything paid for, didn't spend a dime down there.. that was a once in a life-time event. Nothing like 43 cars goin' by at 200+mph.

Yah, cars are a pain, but when you're done the big jobs ( had to do the power steering rack on the floor.. Jacked with a leaking jack and no jack-stands ( had the tire resting on an old wheel haha)) it leaves you feelin' like the king of the world for the rest of the day

I come from a racing family though by the time around and about I got to where I was close to them they were more into cycles and enduros than they were what they raced when they were younger while my grandfather was still in the game.

One of my uncles still follows the NASCAR season as best he can between his own cycle races and I went around with him a few years ago. Still love the local tracks. Nothing like it like you said...they always follow it in style...nice RV and good site / seating.

I'll feel on top of the world when I get this tempo that I KNOW has a solid engine that I got for $500 doing more than grandma trips......yeah been under the car like that. Places that YOU SHOULD at least have it jacked on a tire or something but had it jacked on nothing at all (dropping the tranny oilpan). But yet...still something that AINT mechanical is making it screw up.................
Old 02-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #53
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
I come from a racing family though by the time around and about I got to where I was close to them they were more into cycles and enduros than they were what they raced when they were younger while my grandfather was still in the game.

One of my uncles still follows the NASCAR season as best he can between his own cycle races and I went around with him a few years ago. Still love the local tracks. Nothing like it like you said...they always follow it in style...nice RV and good site / seating.

I'll feel on top of the world when I get this tempo that I KNOW has a solid engine that I got for $500 doing more than grandma trips......yeah been under the car like that. Places that YOU SHOULD at least have it jacked on a tire or something but had it jacked on nothing at all (dropping the tranny oilpan). But yet...still something that AINT mechanical is making it screw up.................

Man I wanna take a nascar for a rip around a big track, that'd be fun.

good luck with ya car though, I gotta be up for school in 4 hours.. Im goin' to bed. 'Night
Old 02-22-2005, 10:10 AM   #54
carlos
CF Addict

[quote=88GrandPrixSE]That is all it's called......... just look it up on google or something, im not even gonna argue with you on that.

I was a little bored so I actually googled(PRNDL)it and guess what..........
Old 02-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #55
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

[quote=carlos]
Quote:
That is all it's called......... just look it up on google or something, im not even gonna argue with you on that.

I was a little bored so I actually googled(PRNDL)it and guess what..........

hahahahahahaha, you discovered that they two are two completely different things? Man, you shoulda stopped why you were ahead. Now you've gone and made a fool of yourself.

You're a fun one to prove wrong over and over and over and over again because you're so stubburn

Last edited by 88GrandPrixSE : 02-22-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #56
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
The reason its called the PRNDL switch is that all these all these positions are housed in one unit it doesn't just have the nuetral position how do you think your reverse lights come on through the same switch, how do you think it knows your in park its not just a neutral switch

Listen carefully...breaking news here (if you have been hiding under a rock and apparently you have been_) it's called a Neutral Saftey Switch. Say it with me. Good.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:12 PM   #57
DodgeRida67
Banned

OK. You are speaking of two different things obviously because you don't even know the difference.

In general terms, this switch in the transmission you are speaking of (Let's call it a... gear selector switch... GSS) is not the switch that prevents your starter from getting power when you try to start the engine. It plays a part in this, but it's not what does it. This GSS gives a ground to the Starter Relay which enables it to be energized. It gives ground to the Starter Relay's coil in Neutral and Park.

Obviously, for the starter relay to close, the coil needs a ground and a positive charge. The positive comes from the turn of the ignition switch to the start position. The ground comes from the Gear Selector Switch which only gives ground in Neutral and Park.

That, that is the story in your average vehicle.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:03 PM   #58
carlos
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Listen carefully...breaking news here (if you have been hiding under a rock and apparently you have been_) it's called a Neutral Saftey Switch. Say it with me. Good.
this coming from a guy who said there was no release fork in a hydradic clutch system
its clear that it's not wired directly to the starter it would require a lower gauge wire to be able to handle the amperage
as far as hiding under a rock my instructers called it a prendel switch as well as a neutral safety switch
your explanation on how it works is to general on MOST vehicles the solenoid itself provides the ground the switch is wired in series ,so when in any other position other than P and N no voltage reaches the solenoid not the other way around

Last edited by carlos : 02-22-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #59
Blue_Frog
CF Newbie

You boys still fighting?????

I'm outta the argument because I'll admit you guys are talking over my head BUT you both (or all) ought to admit to what I said earlier about computers n cars being machines that have MULTIPLE ways of troubleshooting and looking at problems. I hate it when I see other techies going at pissing contests over problems n tech issues when in the end they all could be somewhat right. You guys oughta share knowledge instead of crossing swords.

Like I said...play nice ya smart car bastids.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:42 PM   #60
chud298
CF Newbie

You're very lucky that nothing broke. I'm surprised that you're engine didnt fall out
Closed Thread