I missed this one

Why does the word sprag spring to mind?

Cars go so well with compression braking at speed don't they
Old 02-23-2005, 02:57 AM   #62
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
this coming from a guy who said there was no release fork in a hydradic clutch system

That's because there isn't.

Quote:
its clear that it's not wired directly to the starter it would require a lower gauge wire to be able to handle the amperage

No one ever mentioned anything about this so... WHAT?

Quote:
as far as hiding under a rock my instructers called it a prendel switch as well as a neutral safety switch

Your "instructers" must be a crystal ball. Listen, it's broken.

Quote:
your explanation on how it works is to general on MOST vehicles the solenoid itself provides the ground the switch is wired in series ,so when in any other position other than P and N no voltage reaches the solenoid not the other way around

Yikes. Listen. The Gear Selector Switch gives ground to the Neutral Safety Switch.

Drop it. It's getting pathetic. Who gives a damn, I've told it like it is so plug it up. Another word of advice, learn how to spell.

Last edited by DodgeRida67 : 02-23-2005 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:14 AM   #63
carlos
CF Addict

you're just are retarded as the guy i was arguing with before
if you don't know what you're talking about read a book first then talk shit or at least look at a wiring diagram, and i never claimed to know how to spell
Old 02-23-2005, 03:18 AM   #64
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
you're just are retarded as the guy i was arguing with before
if you don't know what you're talking about read a book first then talk shit or at least look at a wiring diagram, and i never claimed to know how to spell

Don't tell me to read a book. I build cars and you argue over what you havnt a clue about.

Listen to what I'm saying because it's the basics. Good place to get started. You can choose to turn your nose up simply because you are to insecure to be proved wrong and remain in ignorance. Your choice.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:25 AM   #65
carlos
CF Addict

i never doubted what you do. my question is, how have you proved me wrong, have you showed me any facts to prove your points?
Old 02-23-2005, 03:29 AM   #66
carlos
CF Addict

When the clutch pedal is pressed, a cable or hydraulic piston pushes on the release fork, which presses the throw-out bearing against the middle of the diaphragm spring. As the middle of the diaphragm spring is pushed in, a series of pins near the outside of the spring causes the spring to pull the pressure plate away from the clutch disc (see below). This releases the clutch from the spinning engine.

Photo courtesy Carolina Mustang
Clutch plate

Note the springs in the clutch plate. These springs help to isolate the transmission from the shock of the clutch engaging.

here you go guy I copied this from auto.howstuffworks.com/clutch3.htm read it then tell me if hydraulic clutch systems have a release fork or not
Old 02-23-2005, 03:31 AM   #67
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
i never doubted what you do.

Sure you did. You said I was retarded and I needed to read a book.

Quote:
my question is, how have you proved me wrong, have you showed me any facts to prove your points?[/

http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/tqf-sw.htm
Old 02-23-2005, 03:38 AM   #68
carlos
CF Addict

if you would have read the post carefully it said MOST cars not all cars, not only that this wiring diagram is for a car thats older than me, chances are, just maybe, that nothing is wired like this anymore
Old 02-23-2005, 03:41 AM   #69
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
When the clutch pedal is pressed, a cable or hydraulic piston pushes on the release fork, which presses the throw-out bearing against the middle of the diaphragm spring. As the middle of the diaphragm spring is pushed in, a series of pins near the outside of the spring causes the spring to pull the pressure plate away from the clutch disc (see below). This releases the clutch from the spinning engine.

Photo courtesy Carolina Mustang
Clutch plate

Note the springs in the clutch plate. These springs help to isolate the transmission from the shock of the clutch engaging.

here you go guy I copied this from auto.howstuffworks.com/clutch3.htm read it then tell me if hydraulic clutch systems have a release fork or not

Yikes a misunderstanding. What are you thinking of is not a hydraulic actuator system. It's machanical and hydraulic.

What I speak of is a full-blown hydro clutch actuator.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:42 AM   #70
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
if you would have read the post carefully it said MOST cars not all cars, not only that this wiring diagram is for a car thats older than me, chances are, just maybe, that nothing is wired like this anymore

Now you are just trying to be a pain in the ass. You asked for proof, I gave you proof. Let it go, OK?
Old 02-23-2005, 03:48 AM   #71
carlos
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Now you are just trying to be a pain in the ass. You asked for proof, I gave you proof. Let it go, OK?
i'm admiting that you were right, but I wasn't wrong, i never said that all vehicles were wired the way i said. Did I?
Old 02-23-2005, 03:50 AM   #72
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
i'm admiting that you were right, but I wasn't wrong, i never said that all vehicles were wired the way i said. Did I?

That's right. There are alot of variations. Most of the time that is how it works though. Gear Selector Switch giving ground to the Starter Relay.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:03 AM   #73
Wally
I Know More Than You

I reckon I can help all of you save face, while implicitly displaying my large penis:

if I take just one mass produced jap car I can tell you that each selected shift position is fed as a negative signal into the ECU. The signals from the park and neutral switches are also fed into a diode matrix for low signal select, the output signal making the coil of an inhibitor relay.

If you throw the car into reverse while travelling at speed you can expect clutch plates to be damaged, a possible sheared drive shaft and an engine that is getting a good hiding. Sprag clutches are designed for one way operation. But you biggest problem is going to be negotiating the trees and obstacles on the side of the road.

Last edited by Wally : 02-23-2005 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:00 AM   #74
Blue_Frog
CF Newbie

Well Wally at least you arent throwing insults, and still yeah talking over my head.

While I'll agree all that could POSSIBLY happen it doesnt always. I've thrown auto transmissions into bad gear and reverse before and usually the result was just as the poster stated....killed the engine fast but no obvious damage. If he screwed up once and didnt instantly see bad results otherwise (like a tore the hell up transmission) then he just got lucky and shouldnt worry about it.

Wut these other guys are fighting over is just plain to me. Just a pissing contest of some sort I guess.

But as I have heard said many times:

BOYZ ARE STOOPID!!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 06:05 AM   #75
Wally
I Know More Than You

I never insult. Stick with me kid and you will learn things you never thought humanly possible. I'm the real McCoy