Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2005, 05:29 AM   #46
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothicaleigh
Lay off him guys. He was asking our opinion on what to buy, no where did I see him throwing it in your face.
Also not all millionaires live in "Cribs" style homes. Especially if you're in the lower millions. His father is going to provide for him, I see no reason he needs to be ashamed about that (though if he turns into an elitist prick because of 'daddy's money', I sponsor your beating his arse). All he has done thus far is ask our opinion on cars, so cool the jealousy a bit, okay?
actually, If I remember correctly, he said he wanted to get a car to drive his frineds around in until he got his bentley GT. Any car he gets now is going to be a throwaway car in 1/2 years. THAT'S why I was pissed at him. he was flaunting his money around. Woulda been better if he said he wanted to spend 100k on a car, said he was 21 years old, and didn't even mention the continental GT.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:36 AM   #47
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Who Cares?

Why the hell is this thread still alive?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:20 AM   #48
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Because people keep bumping it.

*BUMP*

He he.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:24 AM   #49
jdubya
CF Enthusiast

@#$%^&*!@#$^&&!@#$%^&*_*!#%&*#$$@&*(&#$%^&**&^$!#$ ^&**&^@#$^&*((((((&*&**&&!@#$#@@#^&!!

HEHE

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:34 PM   #50
millzmoneymaker
CF Newbie

i didnt come in here trying to make anyone feel poor or embarased about their income..i just simply came in here to ask a bunch of people who are good at car stuff a question about cars?? IS THAT ODD??? NO..so can you all just stop scrutinizing me and just help me out....when does the 750li come out and when does the new s class come out? also....the new range rovers that are coming out...are they made by ford?? hopefully not look what ford did to jaguar
millzmoneymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:38 PM   #51
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzmoneymaker
i didnt come in here trying to make anyone feel poor or embarased about their income..i just simply came in here to ask a bunch of people who are good at car stuff a question about cars?? IS THAT ODD??? NO..so can you all just stop scrutinizing me and just help me out....when does the 750li come out and when does the new s class come out? also....the new range rovers that are coming out...are they made by ford?? hopefully not look what ford did to jaguar

http://www.edmunds.com/future/mercedesbenz/
http://www.edmunds.com/future/bmw/index.html
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...=Range%20Rover

it's a thing called google
Old 03-30-2005, 01:34 AM   #52
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by millzmoneymaker
Ya they are made by Ford. Jaguar has definately gotten better lately I must say. Ford can made OK products.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:08 AM   #53
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Ya they are made by Ford. Jaguar has definately gotten better lately I must say. Ford can made OK products.

ford also owns Aston Martin...

I wouldnt mind a DB9 would you?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:19 AM   #54
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
ford also owns Aston Martin...

I wouldnt mind a DB9 would you?
Ya, actually. I wouldnt die if I had to, you wouldnt have to force me, but I would not like it as much as having a BMW 6-Series or something comparable. I dont like Ford products all that much. Thus I dont like Mazda's that much either, but, hey, thats just me. Ford can make some good products, I just dont seem to care for the company.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:26 AM   #55
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Ya, actually. I wouldnt die if I had to, you wouldnt have to force me, but I would not like it as much as having a BMW 6-Series or something comparable. I dont like Ford products all that much. Thus I dont like Mazda's that much either, but, hey, thats just me. Ford can make some good products, I just dont seem to care for the company.

ouch... your comparing a db9 with a 6 series bmw...

i was thinking more along the line of exotics... you know... "ferrari" and such

a 6-series is nice though... but only the m6 will have a performance thats comparable to the db9
Old 03-31-2005, 04:08 PM   #56
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

Disliking the products offhand due to disliking the company? Finding out who they are made by changes teh opinion of the car? Not liking Mazdas because Ford owns part of the compmnay????

Man, start liking things on their own merits, not on nameplates.

other than who OWNS Aston, what makes it inferior to the 6 series?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #57
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Just another one of my opinions. I must say the new Mazda MX-5 is quite nice! As is the RX-8. The DB9 is a cool car, and I like the DB7 and the Vantage, but I just think when it comes to that kind of money I would rather have a M6.

You are right, I shouldnt judge on nameplate, but on the actual vehicle, and I am working on changing my ways (one year ago I wouldnt even take your SVT Contour seriously), but that takes time.

Old 04-03-2005, 02:13 AM   #58
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Just another one of my opinions. I must say the new Mazda MX-5 is quite nice! As is the RX-8. The DB9 is a cool car, and I like the DB7 and the Vantage, but I just think when it comes to that kind of money I would rather have a M6.

You are right, I shouldnt judge on nameplate, but on the actual vehicle, and I am working on changing my ways (one year ago I wouldnt even take your SVT Contour seriously), but that takes time.

and with the money you'd save buying the m6, you can purchase a whole other nice car.. say a range rover to go offroading..
Old 04-04-2005, 01:53 AM   #59
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
and with the money you'd save buying the m6, you can purchase a whole other nice car.. say a range rover to go offroading..
I dont think many people take Range Rovers off roading. Maybe a Land Rover Freelander, but not something as upscale as a Range Rover.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 AM   #60
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

I'd just like to tell everyone, that there WILL be a 750iL coming in either 2006 or 2007 as a mid-life refresher. There are minor changes to the headlamps and tailamps as well as new bumpers. I actually think it looks pretty good. The 750 will only come in iL trim and is powered by a 4.8 liter V8 with 360 horsepower. Here are some pictures: