Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2005, 06:42 AM   #151
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
so then how can you claim to be able to put yourself in our shoes? if you've never been anything but high class, you cannot UNDERSTAND anything but a high class life.

just like i may look at someone with that much money and wonder at why they spend it so "mindlessly", as you would expect me to put it.

it actually is not mindless if you think about it. Everything is relative. Your parents may make 30k a year and you drive a 10 thousand dollar car. I make 200k year and drive a 55 thousand dollar car, actually, if you figure out the ratios, you are spending money more "mindlessly" than i am.
Jay-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:43 AM   #152
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

Gay J dude no 1 cares bout how much u make because u have no life u douche bag

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:43 AM   #153
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
this may be correct, but the 200k will be a plateau for you, whereas it is a starting point for me, you see the difference?

actually, thats when I first start, right after I become a journeymen. And that's only working 40 hour weeks. Special contracts and jobs = more money, or overtime, so probably closer to 300k to start.

and who says that i am going to be just an electrician for the rest of my life? maybe i'll learn a few other skills.

i would rather be doing something physical and actually challenging, then sitting at a desk and plugging numbers into a machine.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #154
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
which he ignores, because he cannot counter it...

actually, go check out the latest post by me on Danica Patrick in Motorsports - thats ignoring a big call.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #155
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
actually, thats when I first start, right after I become a journeymen. And that's only working 40 hour weeks. Special contracts and jobs = more money, or overtime, so probably closer to 300k to start.

and who says that i am going to be just an electrician for the rest of my life? maybe i'll learn a few other skills.

i would rather be doing something physical and actually challenging, then sitting at a desk and plugging numbers into a machine.

My job is mentally challenging- i do not mindlessly use my body, as animals do. I use my BRAIN and THINK for a living. I do not plug numbers into a machine. By machine, do you mean computer?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:46 AM   #156
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
this may be correct, but the 200k will be a plateau for you, whereas it is a starting point for me, you see the difference?
maybe you didn't listen to me ... i said i know sparkies who earn "well more than your "salary"". More means greater.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:47 AM   #157
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

yes... "if" my parents were making 30k a year. big if there.

my father is the vice president of pacific of a software company that is partners with IBM, Dell, Microsoft. he makes WELL into 6 digits. maybe even 7. it's a topic i've never discussed with him before.

my stepfather is breaking the 6-digit barrier this year. my mom is making about half that.

point being... i'm not getting a 10k car from 60k worth of income a year, as you so assumed.

whose the mindless one now?
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:47 AM   #158
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
My job is mentally challenging- i do not mindlessly use my body, as animals do. I use my BRAIN and THINK for a living. I do not plug numbers into a machine. By machine, do you mean computer?

My job is even more mentally challenging. I will be responsible for making sure that my job is done correctly. If it does done correctly, not only is a building at risk, but so are many lives.

I don't see how that is 'mindlessly' using my body. Mindlessly using my body would be sitting around at a desk. We were designed this way for a purpose.

I use my brain and think to. Just in a completely rational manner, as compared to you.

What do you think I meant? A refrigerator? Jesus.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:48 AM   #159
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

dude i use my brain an body in wrestling so what now ima little poor kid who has 2 grow up an make 30,000 a year jus cause i use my body dude get a life

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:48 AM   #160
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
maybe you didn't listen to me ... i said i know sparkies who earn "well more than your "salary"". More means greater.

i was talking to electrician man, not you. Within 5 years i will be earning well over 7 figures.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:50 AM   #161
Jay-G
Banned

Quote:
My job is even more mentally challenging. I will be responsible for making sure that my job is done correctly. If it does done correctly, not only is a building at risk, but so are many lives.

I don't see how that is 'mindlessly' using my body. Mindlessly using my body would be sitting around at a desk. We were designed this way for a purpose.

I use my brain and think to. Just in a completely rational manner, as compared to you.

What do you think I meant? A refrigerator? Jesus.

so, the work of an investment banker is less challenging than that of an electrician, very interesting view. Do you know what an investment banker does?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:51 AM   #162
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Unfortunately for you Jay, your mind doesn't work logically like and engineer, electrician etc ... I doubt very much that your problem solving skills would stand the test.
It's not a slight on you, it's just the way you are. Much like us technical types probably couldn't handle being a bank teller or whatever it is you do.

And by the way, I don't plan on being too "junior" at anything when I'm 26.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:52 AM   #163
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

Quote:
actually, go check out the latest post by me on Danica Patrick in Motorsports - thats ignoring a big call.
then there's this post he completely sidestepped, for lack of ability to come to grip with what it said.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:53 AM   #164
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
i was talking to electrician man, not you. Within 5 years i will be earning well over 7 figures.
well over .... let's analyse that.
8 would be just over
9 would be a bit over
I reckon 10 could be classed as well over.

So that's a minimum of $1 000 000 000 p.a by 31. I'll look out for you in the news.

And you're going to do this working for someone else?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:53 AM   #165
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
so, the work of an investment banker is less challenging than that of an electrician, very interesting view. Do you know what an investment banker does?

hmm, tough guess, considering I have an uncle who is an financial investment advisor. same shit, different name. Funny thing is, he didn't go to school. wait....he never even finished high school. oh yeah...he also makes 6 digits.

oh...snap, that has to hurt a bit.