Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #31
99integra
CF's Florida boy

[quote=dodgerforlife]You think the US is the best...why the hell did you guys get attacked by terrorists and not Canada?....ohhhh snap, did I go there? I'm sorry, that must have hurt your patriotism a little.QUOTE]

What the hell is your problem to bring up such a delicate situation

Last edited by 99integra : 06-17-2005 at 03:02 PM.
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #32
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
What the hell is your problem to bring up such a delicate situation

because chris likes to be a dick.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:37 PM   #33
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Still that is no reason for you to bring up a tragic moment in society, I had a friend that was on the 5th floor of tower #2 and he was lucky enough to get out because he actually worked on the 53rd floor and most of his friends and co-workers didn't get out.

Just remember this.

Open With A Strong Stomach
Old 06-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #34
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
See this is the problem, you turn a conversational point into a f*cking political point. MY statements had nothing to do with the US being "best," or anything ABOUT patriotism, only pointing out that your statement had zero to do with WHERE your facts supposedly were taking place. If you want to make sure EVERYONE here understands you're talking about CANADIAN sales of a vehicle, SAY SO, don't just make the assumption. Because sales are so much lower overall in Canada, you HAVE to understand it's a "specialty market." And not one you simply make generalizations about without pointing out WHERE yo're getting yoru facts from! How f*cking hard IS that?????

Seems to be the first time I ever took a jab at the US for that. Maybe it had something to do the whole comment about "fat lesbians in Nova Scotia".

Quote:
And this is a thread on whether Fords are good or bad, even MENTIONING Dodge's sales in a thread about that constitutes a statement of you thinking they are better (which goes along with your username, doesn't it?) It's about CONTEXT. Do you even understand the concept of CONTEXT?

Yes, I know exactly what context is. It is my opinion that Dodge makes better vehicles then Ford. I was only replying to FordFromHell's little bit about the Ford F-150 being the top selling vehicle. And why the hell didn't you ride him for not clarifying where? I looked at that statement about the F-150 and said "Whoa whoa whoa, not in Canada!". But did I call him out for it? No! I just rattled off a reply, noting that they aren't(Look, I'll admit it, because I am big enough to do that, that I realize I didn't originally say I was referring to Canada, but when asked, I got the stats).

Quote:
But Ford and GM still seel teh F150 and C1500 as the basis for a LARGE line of larger trucks, and fleet sales mean that if you're going to buy a few F450s and F650s for your large work trucks, you're probably going to be buying a package of F150s, F250s and/or F350s as the smaller work trucks. Same for the GM fleet sales. Dodge relies primarily on retail sales and light-medium duty cab/chassis sales, and no longer builds the rigs bigger than a 3500 series. In that regard, they are self-limiting in teh overall truck maretplace.

Okay, so now we are also taking into consideration fleet sales? We were talking about specific trucks(yes, I understand I only said Ram, but if you want a specific model, the 1500 will do just fine). Maybe Dodge has limited themselves in that manner, but for sanity's sake, I did state afterwards, that here, in Canada, for farmers, the Ram(any model), is more popular then Ford(any model). I never said the Ram was better because it was more popular, I just said it was more popular. Sorry if you got mixed-up, because I think it came across pretty clearly that around "here" (AKA - MY location, CANADA), the Ram is the more popular choice for farmers.

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "think, type, submit." People have more than enough chance to geet their point across. I don't think I should have to hand hold people and babysit until they're thinking straight.

Maybe you ought to do a bit of "think, type, submit" yourself. THINK about what I could be referring to, then TYPE your response, then SUBMIT. I have backed up my end when you asked for stats. But maybe you could possibly think about what I was referring to originally. IE - My geographical location and the market I work with.

Quote:
And I assumed that since you already knew it's a problem, you wouldn't repeat it. So I take what you say NOW in context as you meaning to say it just that way.

So I slipped up. Do you want me to lick your boots?

Quote:
And I didn't go around making unsubstantiated claims, either. I asked questions, listened, read, and kept my mouth shut otherwise. I certainly wouldn't have thought to come to a public forum and make unsubstantiated statements of opinion, and expect to be taken seriously.

And we have proof of that how? Maybe you had the belt taken to your backside a few times and you're too ashamed? (it's a joke Chris) Seriously though, how can you back that up? Plus theres this little thing called a complete difference in generations of growing up. Looking at your profile, you were born August 1st, 1963. Which means you were in your teen's in the late 70's and early 80's. Now, I was born August 1st, 1986 - You were already 23 by that time. Things changed. The way we are raised is different. Hell, I look around and I am ashamed to see some of the things people my age do/get away with.

Quote:
Of course, by the time I was 18, I had been racing for 3 years (and was on the second race car I had built myself), and had been working in a vintage car restoration shop for 4 years... I had learned by 18 just how much I had yet to learn, and have made it a point to never stop learning.

Again, generation gap/location... There's no racing anywhere near me for anyone under 18. And we certainly can't get jobs in a car shop at 14(thanks to labor laws), even with parental permisson. And in today's world, to work in any restoration/repair shop, you need a degree. So your looking at being at least 18 before you can even start in a shop, at least in CANADA. I started being a backyard mechanic when I was 14, but I still have lots to learn too. I never did stop learning, and I still am.

Last edited by dodgerforlife : 06-17-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #35
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Still that is no reason for you to bring up a tragic moment in society, I had a friend that was on the 5th floor of tower #2 and he was lucky enough to get out because he actually worked on the 53rd floor and most of his friends and co-workers didn't get out.

Well, I apologize to you, and to any other American, except Chris. He took the original jab at Canada, with his "fat lesbians from Nova Scotia" comment. So I went for the jewels...

I know it was tragic, and I am sorry that it happened. I don't wish it on anyone, to be honest.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #36
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Well, I apologize to you, and to any other American, except Chris. He took the original jab at Canada, with his "fat lesbians from Nova Scotia" comment. So I went for the jewels...

I know it was tragic, and I am sorry that it happened. I don't wish it on anyone, to be honest.

Just think about what you type before you do it
Old 06-17-2005, 03:51 PM   #37
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Just think about what you type before you do it

ugh, don't remind me. That was pretty much a ChrisV reply
Old 06-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #38
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
ugh, don't remind me. That was pretty much a ChrisV reply

Whatever, just take a look at those pics, only open the bottom one if you think you can handle it.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:57 PM   #39
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Whatever, just take a look at those pics, only open the bottom one if you think you can handle it.

Done it already. To be truthful, I don't feel anything looking at the pics... not being an ass about it or anything, but I just don't feel anything.

As for the linked one, that kind of thing doesn't bother me either... Sadly enough, I've seen worse... thank today's generation, and internet, and friends who blind-link you to things of that nature.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #40
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Done it already. To be truthful, I don't feel anything looking at the pics... not being an ass about it or anything, but I just don't feel anything.

As for the linked one, that kind of thing doesn't bother me either... Sadly enough, I've seen worse... thank today's generation, and internet, and friends who blind-link you to things of that nature.

I've seen worse too, when I was working in construction, my foreman was talking to me while a backhoe was backing up right toward us, my foreman tripped while trying to get out of the way but he fell backwards and had his head crushed by the big tank style tracks. To this day I have nightmares about it. I tried to pull him up but it was to late.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:05 PM   #41
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
I've seen worse too, when I was working in construction, my foreman was talking to me while a backhoe was backing up right toward us, my foreman tripped while trying to get out of the way but he fell backwards and had his head crushed by the big tank style tracks. To this day I have nightmares about it. I tried to pull him up but it was to late.

there's nothing I can say to that..
Old 06-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #42
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:

That about takes it right there.... Sorry man...
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #43
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
That about takes it right there.... Sorry man...

Thanks, it has been 5 years since it happened, I was 16 at the time
Old 06-17-2005, 04:50 PM   #44
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, it has been 5 years since it happened, I was 16 at the time

When I was 17 my buddy and I were out driving in his 1979 Camaro Z28 and we were going down the highway at about 78mph, had the tunes blastin' and everything and just having a good time. Well, this kid in a Honda Accord came blazing past us doing probably about 100mph and lost control of his car and smashed into the wall ahead of us in the same lane, and I could see his head go straight through the windsheild, a couple seconds before we smashed into him. My friend didnt make it, the wreck crumpled the front end of he car and a big shard of glass got lodged in his throat.

Thats the scariest thing Ive ever seen, I only got away with cuts and bruises...it should have been me....
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #45
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
When I was 17 my buddy and I were out driving in his 1979 Camaro Z28 and we were going down the highway at about 78mph, had the tunes blastin' and everything and just having a good time. Well, this kid in a Honda Accord came blazing past us doing probably about 100mph and lost control of his car and smashed into the wall ahead of us in the same lane, and I could see his head go straight through the windsheild, a couple seconds before we smashed into him. My friend didnt make it, the wreck crumpled the front end of he car and a big shard of glass got lodged in his throat.

Thats the scariest thing Ive ever seen, I only got away with cuts and bruises...it should have been me....

Sorry to hear about your loss.