Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2005, 06:32 PM   #61
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
I know, but people like this dumb **** are so ignorant and cocky that they cant seem to see that.

Look at the sentence that I quoted him on, he doesn't even know what spinning the bearing is and he sure as hell doesn't know what throwing a rod means. I'm starting to think it is What's new profile
Old 06-19-2005, 09:43 PM   #62
Jay-G
Banned

did i say anything about jaguar, aston martin, or land rover? British cars have gotten worse and worse since ford took over. And i was referring to volvos of the 70's, a time when they were not owned by ford you dumbass.

How would the mustang have beaten it? do i need to keep reminding you all that racetracks have turns? This is where real engineering comes into play- anyone can build a huge engine and put it in a piece of shit frame.

Maybe the Ford GT beat Ferraris in the 60's, but Ferrari has been the premiere name in racing over the past 30 years. And if the GT's were sooooo great, why did they not make them for the last 30+ years? And are ford Gt's beating ferraris now? hmmm?

The S7 is the worst of the supercars, and the fact that it is worst in its class makes it a piece of shit. Ugly shit. Look at the engineering. The enzo does the quarter mile .7 seconds faster and brakes from 80-0 in 50 less feet. 230-180. The BMW 330 brakes the same as an S7.hahahahah. The enzo also does the slalom 3 mph faster.

And how do european or japanese cars have a bad reputation? what are you talking about- drive around and count the ratio of american shits to foreign cars. If the best cars in the world are made by european companies, how are they not the best automakers in the world?

"Theyre not, they can have just as many problems as the American cars can have"- not true- look at consumer reports reliability rankings- american cars have waaaaayyyy more problems- do you recall the whole ford exploder fiasco of a couple years ago?
Jay-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #63
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
did i say anything about jaguar, aston martin, or land rover? British cars have gotten worse and worse since ford took over. And i was referring to volvos of the 70's, a time when they were not owned by ford you dumbass.
Okey Doke

Quote:
How would the mustang have beaten it? do i need to keep reminding you all that racetracks have turns? This is where real engineering comes into play- anyone can build a huge engine and put it in a piece of shit frame.

Actually, every expert that has driven the ford has said that it handles WAY better than it should, and with the live rear axle is the only downside, with it's side-step.

Quote:
Maybe the Ford GT beat Ferraris in the 60's, but Ferrari has been the premiere name in racing over the past 30 years. And if the GT's were sooooo great, why did they not make them for the last 30+ years? And are ford Gt's beating ferraris now? hmmm?
Ay yup. The ford GT matches the enzo in th 60 split, and kills it's 2nd best car. Now change out the SC pulley, and I'm sure it can run faster times than the enzo. And ferrari has not been the premiere racing name. That's only in formula one. How high did The mc12 place at sebring? It got beaten by a C6-R and a DBR9.

Quote:
The S7 is the worst of the supercars, and the fact that it is worst in its class makes it a piece of shit. Ugly shit. Look at the engineering. The enzo does the quarter mile .7 seconds faster and brakes from 80-0 in 50 less feet. 230-180. The BMW 330 brakes the same as an S7.hahahahah. The enzo also does the slalom 3 mph faster.
Engineering? It's ugly because it produces so much downforce. It can take turns at insane speeds and still stay stuck to the tarmac. And guess what? Both the S7 and the enzo are ousted in the braking and slalom by other cars less than a quarter their price. The porsches and the elise.

Quote:
And how do european or japanese cars have a bad reputation? what are you talking about- drive around and count the ratio of american shits to foreign cars. If the best cars in the world are made by european companies, how are they not the best automakers in the world?
Other factors, such as customer service, profit margins, stock price, etc. etc.

Quote:
"Theyre not, they can have just as many problems as the American cars can have"- not true- look at consumer reports reliability rankings- american cars have waaaaayyyy more problems- do you recall the whole ford exploder fiasco of a couple years ago?
Do you recall the mitsubishi fiasco of 2 weeks ago? Both have their problems, and america is slightly behind in the consumer reports ratings. But it's ever so slighlty that it's not worth bragging about.
---------
Anything else you want me to shoot down?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #64
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
"Ive seen the 4.6L V8s that they put in the Mustangs run up to 200,000+ miles without so much as a water leak" - what? 70's volvos last for 1,000,000 + miles, so 200k is no big deal.

Yeah a Volvo can last 1,000,000 miles if you replace the chassis and the engine 5 times in the process
Old 06-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #65
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Yeah a Volvo can last 1,000,000 miles if you replace the chassis and the engine 5 times in the process

Actually, did you see that episode of Car & Driver where they had the 1,000,000 mile Volvo on there. Ive said it once and Ill say it again, its how about taking care of your vehicle.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:56 PM   #66
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Actually, did you see that episode of Car & Driver where they had the 1,000,000 mile Volvo on there. Ive said it once and Ill say it again, its how about taking care of your vehicle.

That must have been the only C&D I missed They must have replaced some parts in the process right?
Old 06-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #67
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Has anybody noticed what this topic really is about?
Old 06-19-2005, 11:23 PM   #68
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
i would say they all have their flaws and when you get a nasty rusty piece of $%#@ that hasn't been kept up then you'll swear to god "(Insert car manufacturer here) sux ass" i personally like the lexus, worked on an LS400 about 250,000 km's on it and went in to replace the rear main seal, beat flat rate by about 2 hours cuz everything came out sooo nicely and was very well designed, looks like a mechanic designed it, lol, and i've never pulled a tranni on a lexus so i was amzed how smooth it all went, but that was just one car....the next one could be crap then i'll swear lexus sucks ass, lol, but they all have downsides, ford couldn't build a 3.8 v6 to save thier lives, and chev couldn't build a better front end suspension geometry so i dont have to replace idler arms every 60,000 km's, and honda accord's or acura integras could put the alternator in a better spot so you don't have to pull the axle, i know it was econmical and better for the enviroment so they say but the new cars made of complete plastic in my opinion suck as a mechanic with the plastic getting hard and brittle the customer gets pissed when his bumper or door panel clips break and i have to buy new ones, i dont feel safe in those small plastic deathtraps, im glad i have 8 feet of solid metal in front of me when some a-hole comes creaming off the highway at me
Old 06-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #69
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
i would say they all have their flaws and when you get a nasty rusty piece of $%#@ that hasn't been kept up then you'll swear to god "(Insert car manufacturer here) sux ass" i personally like the lexus, worked on an LS400 about 250,000 km's on it and went in to replace the rear main seal, beat flat rate by about 2 hours cuz everything came out sooo nicely and was very well designed, looks like a mechanic designed it, lol, and i've never pulled a tranni on a lexus so i was amzed how smooth it all went, but that was just one car....the next one could be crap then i'll swear lexus sucks ass, lol, but they all have downsides, ford couldn't build a 3.8 v6 to save thier lives, and chev couldn't build a better front end suspension geometry so i dont have to replace idler arms every 60,000 km's, and honda accord's or acura integras could put the alternator in a better spot so you don't have to pull the axle, i know it was econmical and better for the enviroment so they say but the new cars made of complete plastic in my opinion suck as a mechanic with the plastic getting hard and brittle the customer gets pissed when his bumper or door panel clips break and i have to buy new ones, i dont feel safe in those small plastic deathtraps, im glad i have 8 feet of solid metal in front of me when some a-hole comes creaming off the highway at me

You talking about Integra's? They are actually pretty safe little cars but you are right about the bumpers being brittle
Old 06-20-2005, 12:57 AM   #70
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Well, I apologize to you, and to any other American, except Chris. He took the original jab at Canada, with his "fat lesbians from Nova Scotia" comment. So I went for the jewels...

I know it was tragic, and I am sorry that it happened. I don't wish it on anyone, to be honest.

Before we all get too cute:

remember Hiroshima?

or Dresden?

or Kim Phuc putting a face on Vietnam that was nearly carpet bombed out of existence?

The trade centre deaths were tragic, but no where near the 20,000 odd murders that occur in the US every year.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #71
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Hiroshima was a horrible tragedy although I wasn't around when it happened but this one was more recent
Old 06-20-2005, 04:23 AM   #72
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Hiroshima was a horrible tragedy although I wasn't around when it happened but this one was more recent

and that makes it more relevant? Just because it didn't happen when you were alive isn't any reason to not value it as much.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #73
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
and that makes it more relevant? Just because it didn't happen when you were alive isn't any reason to not value it as much.

I didn't say that I valued it as much but you seem to have more of a connection with times that are more recent. Hiroshima was one of the worst things we did in my own opinion but there have been others
Old 06-20-2005, 05:53 PM   #74
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
because chris likes to be a dick.

No, you ****tard. I like to have people THINK beofre submitting dumbass partial responses on a forum. I much more enjoy dealing with people who actually use some thought processes before hitting the "submit" button, but you were completely incapbale of that OR getting the point when it was directly spelled out for you.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #75
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Before we all get too cute:

remember Hiroshima?
or Dresden?

or Kim Phuc putting a face on Vietnam that was nearly carpet bombed out of existence?

The trade centre deaths were tragic, but no where near the 20,000 odd murders that occur in the US every year.

Yeah, Wally. Because as you well know, we Americans were just sitting around shooting the breeze on the back porch when we up and decided "you know what? We should just nuke japan out of existence for making such crappy tin toys." And BLAM Hiroshima. Never mine the Aussie defense at home against those peaceful, stay-at-home Japanese in 1941.

Quote:
Japan entered the war in December 1941 and swiftly achieved a series of victories which resulted in the occupation of most of south-east Asia and large areas of the Pacific by the end of March 1942. Singapore fell in February, with the loss of an entire Australian division. After the bombing of Darwin that same month, all RAN ships in the Mediterranean theatre, as well as the 6th and 7th Divisions, returned to defend Australia. In response to the heightened threat, the Australian government also expanded the army and air force and called for an overhaul of economic, domestic and industrial policies to give the government special powers with which to mount a total war effort at home.

Over 30,000 Australian servicemen were taken prisoner in the Second World War, and 39,000 gave their lives. Two thirds of those taken prisoner were captured by the Japanese during their advance through south-east Asia within the first few weeks of 1942. While those who became prisoners of the Germans had a strong chance of returning home at the end of the war, 36 per cent of prisoners of the Japanese died in captivity.

In March 1942, after the defeat of the Netherlands East Indies, Japan's southward advance began to lose strength, easing Australian fears that an invasion was imminent. Further relief came when the first AIF veterans of the Mediterranean campaigns began to come home, and when the United States assumed responsibility for the country's defence and provided reinforcements and equipment.

And of course, when we pulled out of Vietnam, they were so overjoyed that they decided to kill off 800,000+ of their own people (you do remember the Cambodian massacre, don't you? Maybe you should look up the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot)

And of course, even though the US has been in existence for a couple hundred years, We are apparently at fault for the mess that the middle east has been in for a couple THOUSAND years...

Yeah, post up a few pictures of the horrible effects of war, and blame it all on the US. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Would you people get a f*cking CLUE?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote