Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2003, 05:52 AM   #1
soundsystem00

Did I blow a fuse?

Hey. Today I installed my stereo head unit by myself. I bought a wiring kit and matched up the wires and stuff. I felt like I knew well what I was doing, and the cd player works perfectly and sounds great, but now the light on the speed limit gauges and such wont turn on, also the light on the AC controls wont turn on either. Did I blow a fuse?
Old 11-07-2003, 12:39 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Did I blow a fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsystem00
Hey. Today I installed my stereo head unit by myself. I bought a wiring kit and matched up the wires and stuff. I felt like I knew well what I was doing, and the cd player works perfectly and sounds great, but now the light on the speed limit gauges and such wont turn on, also the light on the AC controls wont turn on either. Did I blow a fuse?

Here's a thought. Did you check your fuses? I have good eyes but can't see all the way to Texas.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 03:13 PM   #3
soundsystem00

thats cute! lol, ill check them today, i just havent got to it yet, thought someone here might think it was somethin besides the fuses
Old 11-07-2003, 03:19 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsystem00
thats cute! lol, ill check them today, i just havent got to it yet, thought someone here might think it was somethin besides the fuses

Blown fuse, no power, no lights. There are plenty of other things it could be but always start at the beginning.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-07-2003, 07:12 PM   #5
(o) (o)
CF Newbie

if the fuses are good check the cd player for a illumination wire, some have them.
(o) (o) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by (o) (o)
if the fuses are good check the cd player for a illumination wire, some have them.

Try reading his problem and then your reply and see if they match. I think you'll agree they don't. 8O

Old 11-08-2003, 11:21 AM   #7
stringer001
CF Enthusiast

mmm if your car is rather new ie 1990-present then it may have a computer in it, buy tempering with battrys and wires it can cause various problems, this may be the prob and if bigger problems ocurr it would be best to take it to a mechanic.
stringer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #8
(o) (o)
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by (o) (o)

Try reading his problem and then your reply and see if they match. I think you'll agree they don't. 8O
all i was saying is. some dash lights are wired in a series, so you can adjust the dimmer on the radio lights. when you install a new radio "sometime" you have to use the illumination wire to complete the circuit.
i do agree with you,always check the basics.
(o) (o) is offline   Reply With Quote