Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2003, 11:33 AM   #1
azn2nv

best modifications for a rb26dett

hey what are the best modifications for the rb26dett engine? and how much would it cost for all the best parts?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:46 PM   #2
slavboy1
CF Newbie

Well...you could get yourself some real nice aftermarket pistons and connecting rods so that it won't blow it self to pieces pistons are around 800 rods eh haven't really looked into it but prolly the same. Could also get HKS ballbearing turbos (don't have prices on them) seen them on an RB26 before pretty nasty. And how bout a twin plate clutch (no idea on price also, prolly pretty pricey) also as you prolly know you're gonna need to get a gasket set from like friggin Australia or some place in Cali that will charge an arm and a leg. I realize i'm not too much help but i thought since no one else had posted yet i would share my very limited knowledge.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:52 PM   #3
slavboy1
CF Newbie

Just curious you actually have the engine and plan on putting it in somthing or you just doing some research and planning.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:26 AM   #4
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavboy1
Well...you could get yourself some real nice aftermarket pistons and connecting rods so that it won't blow it self to pieces pistons are around 800 rods eh haven't really looked into it but prolly the same. Could also get HKS ballbearing turbos (don't have prices on them) seen them on an RB26 before pretty nasty. And how bout a twin plate clutch (no idea on price also, prolly pretty pricey) also as you prolly know you're gonna need to get a gasket set from like friggin Australia or some place in Cali that will charge an arm and a leg. I realize i'm not too much help but i thought since no one else had posted yet i would share my very limited knowledge.

Do you mean for him to buy 2 new ballbearing turbos to replace them, or did you not realize that the rb26dett already has 2 turbos.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:36 PM   #5
slavboy1
CF Newbie

no i ment for him to get two new ball bearing turbos (yes i know that's pricey but it's just a thought) Because as you prolly know the TT in RB26DETT stands for 2 turbos
Old 12-02-2003, 12:34 AM   #6
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Yes I know, that's why i asked. I just had to make sure i understood what you were talkin about.