Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2003, 07:02 AM   #1
zoomo
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 14
help a noob

yes i am a noob here...and this is my first post....and it may sound stupid but don't flame just help me out, i don't know much about cars i know how mostly everything works but when it comes to doing it and stuff that's where im lost...but anyways i have a 95 firebird with a v6 304 engine in it and I'm wondering what i should do to it first...like as in what would be the best to "upgrade" and such like exhaust, air filter or what...thanks to anyone who can help...thanks
__________________
ya...
zoomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:59 AM   #2
RichG
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 92
v6 304?
__________________
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=110136&ck=

Nayner = Good
RichG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:19 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Re: help a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomo
yes i am a noob here...and this is my first post....and it may sound stupid but don't flame just help me out, i don't know much about cars i know how mostly everything works but when it comes to doing it and stuff that's where im lost...but anyways i have a 95 firebird with a v6 304 engine in it and I'm wondering what i should do to it first...like as in what would be the best to "upgrade" and such like exhaust, air filter or what...thanks to anyone who can help...thanks

The first upgrade will cost you about $15. Go get yourself a repair manual, read it, and spend some time learning about your car. In the long run this is far better than mindlessly throwing parts at it and hoping they'll make it faster.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #4
(o) (o)
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 89
i would check out "ls1.com"
even though you have a v6, you can still use the SLP air box with a k&n filter.
is it auto or manual?
__________________
mkIII vr6 jetta
mkIII golf "project"
90 passat "rip"
(o) (o) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:07 PM   #5
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichG
v6 304?

yeah whats a V6 304?
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:16 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichG
v6 304?

yeah whats a V6 304?

I hope it's a fat fingered 3.4 (look at your keyboard). If not that's all the more reason to start with a manual.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #7
zoomo
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 14
lmao, ya that made me look real stupid, but Yes it's a 3.4 liter don't ask me how i ended up having 304...and I'm not wanting to mindlessly put parts in it, i know what i want to do to it and how to do it i just don't know my parts and brands on what to do, like i said the main things i want to do is put a new air filter and exhaust system but i wasn't sure if that would be best to put in first, or maybe something else would be better


EDIT** it's automatic
__________________
ya...
zoomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #8
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I hope it's a fat fingered 3.4

Must be a pretty fat finger!!
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:32 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomo
lmao, ya that made me look real stupid, but Yes it's a 3.4 liter don't ask me how i ended up having 304...and I'm not wanting to mindlessly put parts in it, i know what i want to do to it and how to do it i just don't know my parts and brands on what to do, like i said the main things i want to do is put a new air filter and exhaust system but i wasn't sure if that would be best to put in first, or maybe something else would be better

Oh, okay, since you put it that way... Unfortunately what you said in the above post and in your first post pretty much contradict each other.

You also failed to mention what your budget is or what your expected final outcome for the car is. But I'm thinking that someone who goes from "but when it comes to doing it and stuff that's where im lost" to "i know what i want to do to it and how to do it" in 24 hours, if you give yourself another day or two you'll be able to figure it out on your own.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:37 PM   #10
zoomo
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 14
sigh, I ask you not to flame about my post and you do it anyway you stupid ass....I try to be nice and answer nicely and you still flame....you stupid ass....you're annoying me with your stupid comments, i said i didn't know how to do it just to make explaining things easy and so that people would not say something that i didn't understand, I *know* how to do it and i *know* what will help, i just want to know what, . and, If i had needed something within a budget i would of mentioned it, and if i knew what all iw anted to do i would of mentioned it......and don't respond to this again because all you are doing is falming and that is harrassment thank you....................you dumbass...
__________________
ya...
zoomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:42 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomo
sigh, I ask you not to flame about my post and you do it anyway you stupid ass....I try to be nice and answer nicely and you still flame....you stupid ass....you're annoying me with your stupid comments, i said i didn't know how to do it just to make explaining things easy and so that people would not say something that i didn't understand, I *know* how to do it and i *know* what will help, i just want to know what, and don't respond to this again because all you are doing is falming and that is harrassment. thank you.....dumbass

And you are a name calling (harassment) child who is unable to form a proper question using needed facts and information. One can only explain a subject when they know what the knowledge level of the person they are explaining to is. Based on what you have said in your posts here is an appropriate answer.

Get ya a phat intake and a biotchin exhaust. Get some yellow stickers too. It'll be dope. Got it?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:22 PM   #12
(o) (o)
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

Get ya a phat intake and a biotchin exhaust. Get some yellow stickers too. It'll be dope. Got it?
:popcorn:
__________________
mkIII vr6 jetta
mkIII golf "project"
90 passat "rip"
(o) (o) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:38 PM   #13
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by (o) (o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

Get ya a phat intake and a biotchin exhaust. Get some yellow stickers too. It'll be dope. Got it?
:popcorn:


Does that have butter in it?....pass it over.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 10:04 PM   #14
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by (o) (o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

Get ya a phat intake and a biotchin exhaust. Get some yellow stickers too. It'll be dope. Got it?
:popcorn:


Does that have butter in it?....pass it over.

yeah save me some of that stuff :P
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:35 AM   #15
Unfedfat
Site Admin
 
Unfedfat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 437

heheh you guys're killing me...
Unfedfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
noob question rx-7_4th generation General Chat 1 12-07-2002 07:15 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.