Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 11:52 PM   #1
mellowyellow4ly
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: south NJ
Posts: 4
30gs to spend need help

im looking for a sports car, and i live in south jersey. im not worried about the winter either, i got a suv for that but the type of car would have to be light and doesnt matter how many seats. other then that i dont care wut kind of car just fast with good handling. i have about 30gs to spend but i dont get wut i dont spend, a parents gift.
mellowyellow4ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
New under 30k Sports Cars to me:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII RS
Nissan 350Z
Mazda RX8 High Power Version
Ford Mustang GT
Mazdaspeed Miata
Dodge Neon SRT4
Subaru Impreza WRX
Chevy Cobalt SS/Saturn Ion Redline
Mini Cooper S
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Acura RSX Type S
Honda Civic Si
Hyundai Tiburon GT V6
VW Golf R32/VW Golf 1.8T/VW Golf VR6

Used I would consider these:

BMW M3 E36
Toyota Supra TT
Mazda RX7 3rd Gen
Nissan 300ZX TT
Mitsubishi Evo VIII
Subaru Impreza STi
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra (if you can snag an 04/05)
Chevy Vette (early C5's maybe?)
Audi S4 (perhaps?)
Chevy Camaro SS (late 90's)
Pontiac Firebird WS6 (late 90's)


Anyone can add...
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:20 AM   #3
jdubya
CF Enthusiast
 
jdubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
New under 30k Sports Cars to me:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII RS
Nissan 350Z
Mazda RX8 High Power Version
Ford Mustang GT
Mazdaspeed Miata
Dodge Neon SRT4
Subaru Impreza WRX
Chevy Cobalt SS/Saturn Ion Redline
Mini Cooper S
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Acura RSX Type S
Honda Civic Si
Hyundai Tiburon GT V6
VW Golf R32/VW Golf 1.8T/VW Golf VR6

Used I would consider these:

BMW M3 E36
Toyota Supra TT
Mazda RX7 3rd Gen
Nissan 300ZX TT
Mitsubishi Evo VIII
Subaru Impreza STi
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra (if you can snag an 04/05)
Chevy Vette (early C5's maybe?)
Audi S4 (perhaps?)
Chevy Camaro SS (late 90's)
Pontiac Firebird WS6 (late 90's)


Anyone can add...


i doubt you could get an 04-05 Cobra for only 30 grand.
__________________

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:37 AM   #4
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak
 
88GrandPrixSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Regina, Sask., Canada
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya
i doubt you could get an 04-05 Cobra for only 30 grand.

Easily could. They go for 35CAD or something along those lines.
__________________
88GrandPrixSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:13 AM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya
i doubt you could get an 04-05 Cobra for only 30 grand.

They STILL have new 04 Cobras on our Ford lots here. They are selling them for $28,800. Can't seem to sell the last two on lot (at my local dealer), been sitting there for 7 months now. It's EASY to find a new 04 Cobra for under $30k (Afterall Ford doesnt sell ANYTHING close to MSRP...except the Ford GT (not Mustang GT)).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:15 AM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSANSPDR
New under 30k Sports Cars to me:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII RS
Nissan 350Z
Mazda RX8 High Power Version
Ford Mustang GT
Mazdaspeed Miata
Dodge Neon SRT4
Subaru Impreza WRX
Chevy Cobalt SS/Saturn Ion Redline
Mini Cooper S
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Acura RSX Type S
Honda Civic Si
Hyundai Tiburon GT V6
VW Golf R32/VW Golf 1.8T/VW Golf VR6

Used I would consider these:

BMW M3 E36
Toyota Supra TT
Mazda RX7 3rd Gen
Nissan 300ZX TT
Mitsubishi Evo VIII
Subaru Impreza STi
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra (if you can snag an 04/05)
Chevy Vette (early C5's maybe?)
Audi S4 (perhaps?)
Chevy Camaro SS (late 90's)
Pontiac Firebird WS6 (late 90's)


Anyone can add...

I 2nd the Evolution, but the mid-level Evolution VIII model (I think it's called the GSR in japan?) not the RS.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:50 AM   #7
Sniper1
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Posts: 49
I would go with the evo as will. But i would also consider buying the m3 for its handling and it is fast because after all it is BMW. plus they last a long time. i own a 1988 535is and it has 180000 miles on it. so if you want a long lasting car go with BM. But the evo is a really nice car to have. I want one but im still in high school so i dont have alot of money.
Sniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:40 AM   #8
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I 2nd the Evolution, but the mid-level Evolution VIII model (I think it's called the GSR in japan?) not the RS.

You are correct...the Evo VIII here is the GSR. I dunno if you could get one for under 30k...I know for sure you can get the RS for under that price and you can still add the options if you wanted to...it comes in a few hundred lbs. lighter since it's more race ready...but if you want it liveable you can add the options at the dealer.
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:33 PM   #9
jdubya
CF Enthusiast
 
jdubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
They STILL have new 04 Cobras on our Ford lots here. They are selling them for $28,800. Can't seem to sell the last two on lot (at my local dealer), been sitting there for 7 months now. It's EASY to find a new 04 Cobra for under $30k (Afterall Ford doesnt sell ANYTHING close to MSRP...except the Ford GT (not Mustang GT)).

My friend just bought an 03 Cobra for about 31 thousand......................................it had a supercharger though.
__________________

PRELUDE POWER!
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #10
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya
My friend just bought an 03 Cobra for about 31 thousand......................................it had a supercharger though.

Then he got taken...since you can pick up 04 Cobra's for under 30k...and they got forged pistons from the factory and the "390" hp is underrated if you seen some stock dyno sheets...
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:11 PM   #11
ode94
CF Newbie
 
ode94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: fug are wee ( near zimbabwee)
Posts: 49
How bout a c5 corvette !!

You could probably find a good deal seeing most vette owners are doing the C6 upgrade right now !
ode94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:39 PM   #12
VMJYogi
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 258
How about the Imprez STI. It's a thing of beauty in those Jersey winters to have. Especially by lincoln tunnel. The god damn streets are at like 45 degree angles. And the AWD and crash safety rating would be nice to have. Its like 36g with tax but i'd love to only have to pay 6000 for a new car. Oh yeah and it fits people and groceries and looks cool and is mighty quick with a 6-speed manual tranny.
__________________

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #13
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ode94
How bout a c5 corvette !!

You could probably find a good deal seeing most vette owners are doing the C6 upgrade right now !

I said that already...Chevy...early C5

I also said the STi...great car...not much play due to everyone loving the Evo as much
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.