Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #61
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
The idea is that if a poor family had to pay an extra $1000 in taxes it might mean less food on the table for the kids. The $ has to come from somewhere, and although it may not be fair to the rich folks, they can afford it.
The majority of the taxbreaks go to the wealthy. Are you saying that they dont pay taxes to feed their family, or are you saying that the idea of a tax break is to help the poor feed their family? The idea of the tax break is to put more money in the pockets of those that spend the most (rich) so they buy more shit, thereby boosting the economy. In theory some of this money will go to the poor.

I think I dont understand what you are saying, so I cannot fully discuss what you said directly.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #62
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

This link might help to clarify the current discussion.

http://www.allegromedia.com/sugi/taxes/

It's a few years old but the info is still reasonably accurate. I for one teeter on the line of the top 10-20% income earners (current numbers, not the old ones). I can assure you that it doesn't seem as though I get any tax breaks. As a matter of fact, out tax burden is equal to the income of people in the middle 20%. I hope somebody is enjoying our money, we're not.

As a side note, in the last 15 minutes I just bought a nice '88 Conquest TSI and a Javelin bass boat. I wonder what the old lady is gonna call me when she gets home.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #63
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
The majority of the taxbreaks go to the wealthy. Are you saying that they dont pay taxes to feed their family, or are you saying that the idea of a tax break is to help the poor feed their family? The idea of the tax break is to put more money in the pockets of those that spend the most (rich) so they buy more shit, thereby boosting the economy. In theory some of this money will go to the poor.

I think I dont understand what you are saying, so I cannot fully discuss what you said directly.
You seemed to be questioning why the rich people pay so much of the taxes in this country. I simply answered that a certain amount of taxes have to be collected, and the poor can't afford to give a lot, so that burden is placed on the rich.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:53 AM   #64
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
You seemed to be questioning why the rich people pay so much of the taxes in this country. I simply answered that a certain amount of taxes have to be collected, and the poor can't afford to give a lot, so that burden is placed on the rich.
Oh, no. Thats not really what I was saying. I was simply justifying.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:04 AM   #65
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
The idea of the tax break is to put more money in the pockets of those that spend the most (rich) so they buy more shit, thereby boosting the economy. In theory some of this money will go to the poor.
I've heard this plenty of times before, and am not questioning it validity, but wouldn't poor people be more likely to spend money from a tax break? I honestly don't see people living in a trailer home hoarding their $. Heck, they might need even less financial help from the government.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:16 AM   #66
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I've heard this plenty of times before, and am not questioning it validity, but wouldn't poor people be more likely to spend money from a tax break? I honestly don't see people living in a trailer home hoarding their $. Heck, they might need even less financial help from the government.
Here's something that you really need to think about. My wife and I pay a substantial amount of our yearly earnings as taxes. There are many people already that pay zero taxes and many more that actually get refunded more than they paid in. How much of a break should people get? Why are people getting paid to stay at home and procreate, drink and watch TV instead of making a contribution to society?

What you're advocating is wealth re-distribution. Shouldn't everyone have the same responsibility for the financial well being of this country? I don't mind paying my share, but I don't like paying for other people. How would you feel if you went out for supper and when you left you found out you had to pay for the table next to you because you make more money? I think yopu'll agree the word for that is bullsh*t.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-23-2006, 02:17 AM   #67
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
This is a ****ing out right god damn lie! Do not make stuff up! Go away from this thread right now, you have no place here if you are going to make stuff like this up... the rest of your statement here or any that would follow no longer have any value to me or any other rational thinking person! Good day to you sir!

I learned a long time ago that Wally writes about roughly three or four drafts before he actually posts something. You have to read into what he says, instead of just reading what he says.
---------
This is the problem with online arguments/convos. People think that they're talking to someone else, instead of writing out thoughtful, edited, metaphorical mini-essays. And because of this, people talk back, instead of writing back.

Oh, and firebird: Calm down a bit. By talking when you're infuriated/frustrated/emotional, you're only going to dig yourself a deeper hole. Calm down, collect yourself, and write.

Last edited by Godlaus : 03-23-2006 at 02:23 AM.
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:21 AM   #68
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
This link might help to clarify the current discussion.

http://www.allegromedia.com/sugi/taxes/

It's a few years old but the info is still reasonably accurate. I for one teeter on the line of the top 10-20% income earners (current numbers, not the old ones). I can assure you that it doesn't seem as though I get any tax breaks. As a matter of fact, out tax burden is equal to the income of people in the middle 20%. I hope somebody is enjoying our money, we're not.

As a side note, in the last 15 minutes I just bought a nice '88 Conquest TSI and a Javelin bass boat. I wonder what the old lady is gonna call me when she gets home.

Based on those figures I would be in the top 5%. As a reward I have 51% ripped out of my pay for income tax and compulsary healthcare levies. I haven't bought a Conquest or a boat though. I think I'm being pinged for being an homophobe.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:33 AM   #69
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
I learned a long time ago that Wally writes about roughly three or four drafts before he actually posts something. You have to read into what he says, instead of just reading what he says.
---------
This is the problem with online arguments/convos. People think that they're talking to someone else, instead of writing out thoughtful, edited, metaphorical mini-essays. And because of this, people talk back, instead of writing back.

Oh, and firebird: Calm down a bit. By talking when you're infuriated/frustrated/emotional, you're only going to dig yourself a deeper hole. Calm down, collect yourself, and write.

For an eighteen yearold you are very observant. The trick is to assess the enemy and think three steps in front of any direction he would logically take. In this particular thread whiley VWhobo spotted my intent. If you can keep up at your age, you have a promising future.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:35 AM   #70
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Here's something that you really need to think about. My wife and I pay a substantial amount of our yearly earnings as taxes. There are many people already that pay zero taxes and many more that actually get refunded more than they paid in. How much of a break should people get? Why are people getting paid to stay at home and procreate, drink and watch TV instead of making a contribution to society?

What you're advocating is wealth re-distribution. Shouldn't everyone have the same responsibility for the financial well being of this country? I don't mind paying my share, but I don't like paying for other people. How would you feel if you went out for supper and when you left you found out you had to pay for the table next to you because you make more money? I think yopu'll agree the word for that is bullsh*t.

I was just wondering why it makes more sense financially to give tax breaks to the wealthy instead of the poor. I always heard that the rich will spend more of it, but I don't see how a rich person is more likely to spend a $1,000 tax break than a poor person. It seems to me that that $1,000 could end up just sitting in a rich person's checking account, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen if it were given to a poor person.

I agree 100% with you about all of the jobless low-lifes popping out kids while living off of welfare. I work pretty hard for the little $ I make, and I see chunks of it taken away, and I know that some of it is going to somebody that is a parasite to society. As I said earlier:
Quote:
The $ has to come from somewhere, and although it may not be fair to the rich folks, they can afford it.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 AM   #71
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I was just wondering why it makes more sense financially to give tax breaks to the wealthy instead of the poor. I always heard that the rich will spend more of it, but I don't see how a rich person is more likely to spend a $1,000 tax break than a poor person. It seems to me that that $1,000 could end up just sitting in a rich person's checking account, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen if it were given to a poor person.

I agree 100% with you about all of the jobless low-lifes popping out kids while living off of welfare. I work pretty hard for the little $ I make, and I see chunks of it taken away, and I know that some of it is going to somebody that is a parasite to society. As I said earlier:
Very simply it makes more sense financially because if I get to keep an additional 5% of my income to spend, that's alot more than an additional 5% for someone who makes $20k a year. Plus, geenerally speaking, weathier people are more likely to invest their money (wealth expansion), use it for major purchases (think manufacturing jobs) or having something done for them (think of construction or service industry). An extra $100 in my pocket gets spread out to many people, including those with low incomes that need help.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:23 AM   #72
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus

That post was pure and unadulterated hate pure and simple.
I will not respond any more to this thread any one who will agree with someone who says such things will never earn my respect nor will I listen to them on the subject at hand.

It was not cool for him to say it, and I for one will not forgive it or tolerate it... the fact that no one else is appalled by those statements is sickening to me. If I were a mod he’d be banned.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:32 AM   #73
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
I will not respond any more to this thread any one who will agree with someone who says such things will never earn my respect nor will I listen to them on the subject at hand.

It was not cool for him to say it, and I for one will not forgive it or tolerate it... the fact that no one else is appalled by those statements is sickening to me. If I were a mod hed be banned.
Did you even read this part???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I made sure they thought about the consequences of disease, not just venereal and autoimmune, but the coliforms transferred through handshakes, door knobs, telephones, kiss on the cheek etc... How the entertainment industry is used to promote anal sex, how TV and film is used as a means to trivialise the behaviour through supposed comedy shows with lisping stooges, how the legal system is infiltrated, how the legislators are intimidated and how our "Christian" based societies choose to ignore the bible on this issue.
Doesn't sound like hate to me. Sounds more like truth.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:33 AM   #74
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

It was not cool for him to say it, and I for one will not forgive it or tolerate it... the fact that no one else is appalled by those statements is sickening to me. If I were a mod hed be banned.
Why are you appalled? Whether you like it or not, whether you find it distasteful or not, IT IS THE TRUTH. It happens, and it is primarily a homosexual activity. Sometime the truth hurts, I guess you'll just have to suck it up. No pun intended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felching

http://www.lgbthealthchannel.com/stdmsm/fetish.shtml

http://www.aaronsgayinfo.com/Fterms.html

Old 03-23-2006, 03:36 AM   #75
OombaIsBack
Banned

I'm a left-leaning centrist. I usually go on the liberal side but I can see the values of both sides.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote