Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #16
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast
 
nsupra27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
Well since u wanna use the Probe GT and maybe even other generations than i or anyone could say TYPE R.

Ok, well the 97 Probe GT outruns the 01 Integra Type R around Nurburgring by 8 seconds.
And don't even get me started about the KLZE engine.

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...ID1=211&ID2=67
__________________
nsupra27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:43 PM   #17
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
Ok, well the 97 Probe GT outruns the 01 Integra Type R around Nurburgring by 8 seconds.
And don't even get me started about the KLZE engine.

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...ID1=211&ID2=67
Yes, it did, but it beat the probe in almost all of the other tests
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #18
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
First off, im talking about the Integra LS. And second, a GSR runs 15.5s, thats pretty much the same as a Probe GT, and slower then a 1st gen Probe GT. And the Probe has much more torque then it, and handles alot better then it.

You might want to be more specific next time instead of replying to a post that said "IntegraS" are fast w/o turbos and not saying anything specific. Otherwise everyone else will think you just said ALL integras are slow.

And if you see a GSR running mid 15s send him over my way and I'll give him a good slap in the face for running so damn slow. MY buddy ran extremely consistent 14.9s in his 94 GSR with 115k miles on it. He's not even the best driver in the world either, go figure. Damn analProbe owners.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:51 PM   #19
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
Ok, well the 97 Probe GT outruns the 01 Integra Type R around Nurburgring by 8 seconds.
And don't even get me started about the KLZE engine.

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...ID1=211&ID2=67

I wouldn't trust that for one heartbeat. A lot of those performance figures are well, OFF. For two, they probably didnt test the ITR and Probe GT the same day (Even if those are REAL lap times) which means conditions were different. Everyone knows the ITR would SMOKE a Probe GT around any road course given pretty equal drivers. The ITR is not only faster but DEFINATLEY handles better than a PRobe GT. IF those are real nurburgring lap time the ITR was probably tested after a rainy day, while the Probe GT not (And yes they do test cars in the wet there, seen it before). BTW - I've just confirmed that site is FULL of SHIT because they say a 2000 S2000 is ONLY a second quicker around the gring than a 97 analPRobe GT...What a load of CRAP.

240hp, 2700lb one of the best handling RWD's on the road is only a second quicker than a 165hp, 2900lb sloppy FWD around the gring? What a load of shit.

Tell us oh probeone, what's so damn special about the 2.5L V6 KLZE? That it puts out as much hp as a stock 1.8L I4 GSR motor that is only the second highest motor in that chain?
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~


Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 10-16-2005 at 05:21 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #20
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You might want to be more specific next time instead of replying to a post that said "IntegraS" are fast w/o turbos and not saying anything specific. Otherwise everyone else will think you just said ALL integras are slow.

And if you see a GSR running mid 15s send him over my way and I'll give him a good slap in the face for running so damn slow. MY buddy ran extremely consistent 14.9s in his 94 GSR with 115k miles on it. He's not even the best driver in the world either, go figure. Damn analProbe owners.

Heres another site

http://metawire.org/~nomel/car_times_quartermile.txt

that says it only runs mid 15s.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I wouldn't trust that for one heartbeat. A lot of those performance figures are well, OFF. For two, they probably didnt test the ITR and Probe GT the same day (Even if those are REAL lap times) which means conditions were different. Everyone knows the ITR would SMOKE a Probe GT around any road course given pretty equal drivers. The ITR is not only faster but DEFINATLEY handles better than a PRobe GT.

The Probe is widely regarded as one of the best handling cars, even to this day. Just because its not a Honda doesnt mean it cant handle you biased moron.

Quote:
IF those are real nurburgring lap time the ITR was probably tested after a rainy day, while the Probe GT not (And yes they do test cars in the wet there, seen it before). BTW - I've just confirmed that site is FULL of SHIT because they say a 2000 S2000 is ONLY a second quicker around the gring than a 97 analPRobe GT...What a load of CRAP.

Of course, faced with hard facts and you call it bullshit. Maybe I'll call bullshit on all the hard evidence you present to me about how good a Honda is.

Quote:
240hp, 2700lb one of the best handling RWD's on the road is only a second quicker than a 165hp, 2900lb sloppy FWD around the gring? What a load of shit.

Tell us oh probeone, what's so damn special about the 2.5L V6 KLZE? That it puts out as much hp as a stock 1.8L I4 GSR motor that is only the second highest motor in that chain?

I'll tell you whats so special about it. If the Probe GT can beat a Type R with the KLDE, then it would beat the shit out of it with the ZE engine.

You people are idiots. Say opinions, and they arent valid. But show you guys hard facts and you say theyre bullshit. I'm beginning to think that you all are a bunch of 12 year olds.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:18 PM   #21
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
well i asked the guy about emmison tests and all and he said he has some papers but it wont pass the next the next emission test unless a cat converter is put on. He said he has a resonator on it now? What is a resonator and why wouldn't it pass emmisons with it. Yes i know that cat convreter helps eliminate the bad gasses and al but what does the resonator do to make it not pass emisions?
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:21 PM   #22
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
and seriously stop with the spam and flam i don't give a rats ass about a ****ing probe. So lets stop this argument cause i don't care!
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:25 PM   #23
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
and seriously stop with the spam and flam i don't give a rats ass about a ****ing probe. So lets stop this argument cause i don't care!

Blame it on the people that started it. They cant handle that its a better car.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #24
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Blame it on the people that started it. They cant handle that its a better car.
well i tried when it started but it didn't stop. Also guess what Oomba you cant just say that Probe is better car and all cause then you have to compare the reliability which i am sure integra would own a probe in and you would have to look at every aspect of the car not just performance. Lets stop talking about a probe cause i dont care too much for them or ford. Someone wanna answer my cat converter and resonator question?
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:35 PM   #25
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Heres another site

http://metawire.org/~nomel/car_times_quartermile.txt

that says it only runs mid 15s.




The Probe is widely regarded as one of the best handling cars, even to this day. Just because its not a Honda doesnt mean it cant handle you biased moron.



Of course, faced with hard facts and you call it bullshit. Maybe I'll call bullshit on all the hard evidence you present to me about how good a Honda is.



I'll tell you whats so special about it. If the Probe GT can beat a Type R with the KLDE, then it would beat the shit out of it with the ZE engine.

You people are idiots. Say opinions, and they arent valid. But show you guys hard facts and you say theyre bullshit. I'm beginning to think that you all are a bunch of 12 year olds.

I can find sites that post times i nthe mid14s. The internet is usually never a credible source for anything. IT will probably remain that way. I KNOW what a GSR runs. I've seen my friend run his 94 GSR about 22 times down the 1/4 mile. Since when was the PROBE reguarded a great handling car and by WHOM? The probe was a low volume car that had poor sales and wasn't reguarded by anyone other than a flop (Since Ford intended it to replace the Mustang orignally). That site is not credibile. It's inane to believe a site that says an S2000 is only a second quicker around the nurburgring than a shitty 97 Probe GT. These times were obviouslly made up.

Anyone who thinks an S2000 is only a second quicker around the gring than a Probe is purely retarded to believe that nonsense. Hell an S2000 is over a SECOND and a HALF quicker in the 1/4 mile alone over a Probe GT.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #26
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
well i tried when it started but it didn't stop. Also guess what Oomba you cant just say that Probe is better car and all cause then you have to compare the reliability which i am sure integra would own a probe in and you would have to look at every aspect of the car not just performance. Lets stop talking about a probe cause i dont care too much for them or ford. Someone wanna answer my cat converter and resonator question?

Its a Mazda. Wanna take that back?
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #27
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Its a Mazda. Wanna take that back?
WHAT? Since when is a Probe a MAZDA?
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:47 PM   #28
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
WHAT? Since when is a Probe a MAZDA?
Ford owns Mazda
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:57 PM   #29
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
okay u still dont think of a escape as a ford a probe a for u dont say ohh yeah did u see the new MAZAD Explorer. Or u don't say i just drove a sweet Ford Rx-7
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #30
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
okay u still dont think of a escape as a ford a probe a for u dont say ohh yeah did u see the new MAZAD Explorer. Or u don't say i just drove a sweet Ford Rx-7

Its because Mazda designed and built every part of the Probe.

It is a great handling car. Its sold really good when it first came out, but when the new Mustang came out it was more enticing. thunderbird, you have no idea what you're talking about as you show every post you make.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.