Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #31
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

well u said it's a mazda so retract that statement, it's not like mazda is my favorite company or anything
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #32
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
well u said it's a mazda so retract that statement, it's not like mazda is my favorite company or anything

Mazda is japanese. You people automatically assume that since its japanese, its the best car ever built.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #33
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Mazda is japanese. You people automatically assume that since its japanese, its the best car ever built.
I'd love it if you could find a specific incident where anyone said that.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:58 PM   #34
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Here is a 6 page Motor Trend article about the Probe GT vs. Integra GS-R.
They say that they are both almost even with each other, and the Probe handles just alittle bit better, and thunderbird if you would look at the specs page and see that a stock GS-R runs 15.6s, your friend did not get 14.9 with a stock GS-R.
Also, a stock KLZE has 200hp, not 170 like a stock 1.8L I4 from a GS-R, and most people that swap KLZEs in run high 14s stock.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/599...t1293p15hy.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/970...t1293p26be.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/828...t1293p32ce.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/656...t1293p43gx.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/857...t1293p53ef.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5/p...t1293p68nd.jpg
Old 10-17-2005, 03:28 AM   #35
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

But weren't you eariler comparing the lower probe to the type-r? you just took a step backwards with the integra and a step forward with the probe.

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:43 AM   #36
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Its because Mazda designed and built every part of the Probe.

It is a great handling car. Its sold really good when it first came out, but when the new Mustang came out it was more enticing. thunderbird, you have no idea what you're talking about as you show every post you make.

The PROBE was originally intended to be THE replacement for the Mustang (After the foxbody). Ford decided it would be okay to go with a FWD sporty coupe. Of course the fan base thought this was an awful idea and the Probe never really amounted to anything but a "oh yeah, there goes on of those kinda heavy sporty fwd's Ford made". Ford decided to thankfully instead go with the design of the SN95 Stang. While Probe sales suffered...

Oomba it is YOU are the one who makes themselves look like a fool in every post posting "opinions" that are in fact false.

http://www.performanceprobe.com/text/info/history.htm

Ford decided to try it out because GM was planning a FWD replacement for the F-Body by 1990. Probe sales were great for the first motnh or two (like pretty much any new car) but they soon went to crap as soon as the new Mustang came out in late 1993. Matter fact the PRobe held the record for the least amount of a car sold in the Ford brand in 1996. Only selling 32,000 units. The Probe sort-of continued life out as what we know today as the 99+ Mercury Cougar...and we all know how well those sell and perform

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:44 AM   #37
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

MAzda is hardly japanese anymore, seems like half their crap they put out has 20%+ of Ford parts in them now

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-17-2005, 03:52 AM   #38
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
Here is a 6 page Motor Trend article about the Probe GT vs. Integra GS-R.
They say that they are both almost even with each other, and the Probe handles just alittle bit better, and thunderbird if you would look at the specs page and see that a stock GS-R runs 15.6s, your friend did not get 14.9 with a stock GS-R.
Also, a stock KLZE has 200hp, not 170 like a stock 1.8L I4 from a GS-R, and most people that swap KLZEs in run high 14s stock.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/599...t1293p15hy.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/970...t1293p26be.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/828...t1293p32ce.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/656...t1293p43gx.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/857...t1293p53ef.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5/p...t1293p68nd.jpg

Congratulations on finding a magazine article. I know what a GSR can and cant do. Go to a Honda enthusist site and see the best times people have run in stock GSRs, they are in the 14.8s and 14.9s (if seeing nearly 22 runs in the 14.90s fro ma stock GSR by my own two eyes isnt enough proof for you then I guess you're just going to have to be SOL). Mid 15s is in fact quite slow for a stock GSR. You realize those magazines dont even powershift or run the cars THAT hard through the 1/4 mile right? They are definatley not the best times to go by. I was tihnking about the stock KL(whatever goes here). LEt's not even go into engine swaps... Because I'm still keeping the STOCK engine in the GSR/ITR.

You realize the Probe is a heavy car right? IT weighs OVER 2900lbs with the 2.5 V6 (164hp). The GS-R weighs only 2650lbs and has 6 more hp. The GS-R is a little quicker. I'd still like to see a lot more handling NUMBERS form each vehicle before deciding which car handles better. Real track times would be a good factor too (not some bogus nurburgring times).

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-17-2005, 05:40 AM   #39
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You realize the Probe is a heavy car right? IT weighs OVER 2900lbs with the 2.5 V6 (164hp). The GS-R weighs only 2650lbs and has 6 more hp. The GS-R is a little quicker. I'd still like to see a lot more handling NUMBERS form each vehicle before deciding which car handles better. Real track times would be a good factor too (not some bogus nurburgring times).

First of all the 93 Probe weights 2815lbs, the newer ones put on some weight, and second, the KLZE is a stock engine in Japan, third, who cares if it has 6 more hp, the Probe also has 32 more ft-lbs torque, and finally, why is it you don't believe a magizine when they think the Probe handles very good, and is just alittle better then the GS-R. I bet if it was the other way around you would believe it even if you never even read it in anything, because if its a Honda it MUST be great.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #40
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

that car is a ricer, its automatic its got a bodykit and no turbo..., shouldve saved the money to covert to manu
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #41
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
First of all the 93 Probe weights 2815lbs, the newer ones put on some weight, and second, the KLZE is a stock engine in Japan, third, who cares if it has 6 more hp, the Probe also has 32 more ft-lbs torque, and finally, why is it you don't believe a magizine when they think the Probe handles very good, and is just alittle better then the GS-R. I bet if it was the other way around you would believe it even if you never even read it in anything, because if its a Honda it MUST be great.

First, Wow a whole less than 100lb difference. I used a 97 Probe GT (what we've been talking about this whole thread nearly) vs. a 97 GS-R to even it out. I dont think you want to use a 93 GS-R against a 93 Probe GT simply because that was the generation before the 94-01 Intera and weighs a bit less... which would even further prove my point.

Second, We aren't in japan. If we are in japan then the Integra gets more power too (GS-R was 178hp in japan). But we dont live there so who GIVES?

Third, Not only was I proving the GS-R weighed less but it has a slight power advantage, which makes the power/weight ratio even more in favor of the GS-R. Torque usually doesnt mean much when we're talking about FWD sport-compacts, it's high end hp that wins. IF you want to talk torque numbers then join a trucks thread.

Forth, I never fully believe magazines. Never have, never will. I've just been around Integras all my life and know what they can and can't do. If something contradicts that I know it's probably crap. I've only been in a Probe once and it wasn't a very great experience at all. Handling wise (from what I'VE experienced) the GS-R handled better.

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-17-2005, 08:19 PM   #42
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
okay u still dont think of a escape as a ford a probe a for u dont say ohh yeah did u see the new MAZAD Explorer. Or u don't say i just drove a sweet Ford Rx-7

Yeah your definitely an idiot. Missed the point of his statement completely. Then again that isn't a big surprise.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #43
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
that car is a ricer, its automatic its got a bodykit and no turbo..., shouldve saved the money to covert to manu
well actully the car has a some performance mods and it has A TURBO. See where the driver side headlight is missing? thats the because there is a turbo there. Now he isn't selling the car with turbo unless i put down 2k more. this car has more performance mods that visual. However since U cant see the mods u are entitled to say your opinion.
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:10 AM   #44
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100

Third, Not only was I proving the GS-R weighed less but it has a slight power advantage, which makes the power/weight ratio even more in favor of the GS-R. Torque usually doesnt mean much when we're talking about FWD sport-compacts, it's high end hp that wins. IF you want to talk torque numbers then join a trucks thread.

Torque is all that matters. Horsepower doesnt exist, its not a real number. You know how hp is found, even by dynos?

Torque x RPM / 5250

Thats ALL horsepower is. Its a meaningless number. Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races. Shelby said that. I think its in someone heres signature...
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:15 AM   #45
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Torque is all that matters. Horsepower doesnt exist, its not a real number. You know how hp is found, even by dynos?

Torque x RPM / 5250

Thats ALL horsepower is. Its a meaningless number. Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races. Shelby said that. I think its in someone heres signature...

No shit. Low end TORQUE is what truck buyers care about. HIGH END HORSEPOWER is what sports car buyers care about. Everyone knows hp is just a calculation of Torque (Work) times the rpms divided by 5252.

In the real world truck people care about high torque times even with low rpms while sports car people care about either about high torque late in the rpm field or enough torque but a lot of rpms to produce more high end HP. Either way, the easy thing to say is sports car people care about high end HP.

When was the last time you heard anyone talking about Formula 1 and how much "torque" those 3.0L V10's make? People rave about their High end HP because of the incredible amount of rpms they spin to make the high end torque into very high end hp.

Thanks for wasting all of our times with the elementary shit.

~Blow your mind~